General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know where this yacht ended up in?

It cruises the Galápagos Islands - looks wonderful. The link below provides some very interesting information about the yacht including its use by Churchill. It's had quite a few name changes over the years. ( scroll down to the History section)

https://www.quasarex.com/galapagos/grace-yacht

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
It cruises the Galápagos Islands - looks wonderful. The link below provides some very interesting information about the yacht including its use by Churchill. It's had quite a few name changes over the years. ( scroll down to the History section)

https://www.quasarex.com/galapagos/grace-yacht

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Thank you very much for providing this interesting link! My first thought was that the yacht was Grace and Rainier's property and not commissioned! Silli me!:whistling:

Does anyone know how do they pick the kids to receive christmas presents from princely family? I know it's been said gifts are presented to all kids in Monaco, but in pics they seem all to be pretty much the same age. Is it maybe something like all 8 year olds every year or how is it determinde who gets the present?

If you, like me, remember the "olden days" fondly, check out the @miss_nostalgiamc account on instagram. Hope I've posted this in the right thread - feel free to move if not, mods.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I Wolf like to know if somebody have some News about Mrs Virginia Gallico former lady in waiting ? Thank son advance for tour feed-back

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

Prince Stefano Casiraghi

Hello to everybody, I have a question for you: do you know if are there some autobiography of the Prince Stefano Casiraghi of Monaco ? [emoji4]

Stefano, no Prince about it for either him or his namesake grandson.

I don't find any books about him. Some mentions of him in books about the scandals of the royal family. But not one dedicated just about him.

Thank you for the notice, so for Stefano is there something? And also is there something about princess Carolina and Stephanie?

I don't see what you want to say

The only princes and princesses in the principauty of Monaco are

Prince Albert II of Monaco , prince sovereign
Princess Charlene , sovereign consort
Prince hereditary , prince jacques
Princess Gabriella , countess of Carladès , daughter of the princely couple
Princess Caroline , sister of the prince sovereign Albert II and princess of hanover because she is still married to Ernst August of hanover
Princess Stephanie , sister of the prince sovereign
Princess Alexandra of Hanover , daughter of Princess Caroline and prince Ernst August of Hanover

The former husbands of P Caroline and P Stephanie had no titles, P Junot, S Casiraghi , D Ducret were commoners and stayed commoners

The children on the two princesses have no titles apart p Alexandra who is the daughter of the third husband of P Caroline Ernst August of Hanover

Pierre Casiraghi has no title and his son has also no title.

Yes of course, i know all of the history of the Principally of Monaco, the grimaldi's family i know very well. My question was, however in Italy there aren't books of the died prince Stefano Casiraghi and some books of Carolina and Stephanie too, if you know are there some books write in english of these people?

I do not know books. But I know there are documentaries about the royal family.

There is this online biography in French:
http://stefanocasiraghi.chez.com/Biographie.htm

I know there is a book about the whole family's history by Anne Edwards and for sure there is at least one book about Princess Caroline (unfortunately, I don't remember who wrote it, but my aunt has it (in Polish), so I will check it next time I visit her).

Thank you for the notice, so for Stefano is there something? And also is there something about princess Carolina and Stephanie?
Hi, I checked this book I told about - it's written by Bertrand Meyer-Stabley. I think you'll find it easily now.

I'm here as a fan of Grace Kelly and I wanted to ask a few questions. I can't say I'm a fan per se of the Caroline and her kids or with Stephanie and hers. It's not that I dislike them, I'm just indifferent. To me it seems like Grace is forgotten by everyone but Albert. I understand he's more present for obvious reasons but I would still like hear about Grace from the others.

Yes there is still the Rose Ball but going by their facial expressions they don't seem that interested. Particularly the Casiraghi three. I know they are private but have any if them ever talked about their grandmother and that they value her legacy? Has she been present in their lives growing up? It's obvious that Prince William will be keeping Princess Diana in his children's lives and they will grow up loving her and knowing what she means to people. I don't get that vibe from Grace Kelly's grandchildren. They scare me a bit, they don't seem that down to earth but they seem intimidating. Like typical royals who lead the good life without making any significant contributions.

The Monaco family have seemed broken and detached to me. I feel like Grace means more to normal people who have been fans of her for a long time, to those just discovering her and the Hollywood community more than her own family.

I get such warmth from Grace but also a sadness. I wish she was still here with her children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren. I hope they grow up knowing her.

For Caroline and Stephanie, it is their privat life, I am sure that they are thinking to her but she is dead since 1982, They were young, single ( 17, 24,25 ) 35 years passed for the three children, more years after her death than before her death. they married, had children, Caroline lost her beloved husband and stayed alone with 3 young children. she married again but her marraige did not work, now she has grandchildren, Stephanie married , divorced and had 3 children. They loved their mother and still love her but they had sad events ( divorce, their father died ),I don't see why they would need to speak about their mother, and speak and speak, I think that Albert is speaking too much about his mother, he already said what he said in this interview. Stop the nolstalgie , there is the future. but it is an interview for a america TV, america is still pride that her citizen became a princess . But Albert is repeating
This year, there were to much interview given by William and Harry for the 20th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana that I loved a lot. Now William is father of soon 3 children and Harry is happy with Meghan, they have their lives to do without to be too much nolstalgic or sad
For the grandchildren of Grace, I don't see why they would talk about a grandmother that they don't know, she is dead before their birth, there are a lot of paintings of P grace in the palace in the home of their mother. They are living in the present as other grandchildren who lost a grandmother they never know. and we cannot compare with Georges and Charlotte who are still very young to speak about Diana, we will see when they will be around 20 if they will speak a lot of their grandmother.
I remember of the death of the queen Astrid of Belgium, she was very young when she had the accident, she had three young children ( 7, 5 ,1 year and she was again pregnant when she is dead), a lot of people cried aswhen P Grace is dead, the people of Belgium are still remembering of her but the years passed, there was the war, the children married , Baudoin became king but we never heard or saw interview s of Baudoin, Josephine Charlotte and Albert in the newspapers
In Monaco, there are a lot of photos of P grace, there are avents recalling P Grace but I think that the sadness to lost their mother is privat , they have not the need to speak in interviews in newspaper and they are right.

Once again, we have a 'supporter' or 'promoter' of the British Royal Family who feels it necessary to put down another family in order to try claim a type of imagined superiority.
Point of Order:
THe oldest and most prestigious Royal Family is the DANISH Royal family.
Unless the Danes disband their Monarchy the Brits will always be second.
(Point of fact, half of my ancestry is from the British Isles, the other half from France, none from Denmark that I know of...)
I have seen the most recent interviews with William and Harry and it seems to me they were more or less REQUIRED to speak on camera to fufill the media's wishes to keep Diana's flame flickering on the 20th anniversary of her needless and tragic passing. Did the boys SEEK OUT the media outlets to do this? HA !
Have you ever lost someone you loved in a tragic way? (I would hope not)
Have you ever been compelled to speak about this person in public?
I saw this most recent interview with Albert yesterday and i think the interviewer Graham Bensinger (in addition to being superficial and unprepared...he looked at the Cannons on the ramparts of the Palais and asked "what are those?" Albert answered "those are cannons from the 18th century" ...honestly)made Albert TREMENDOUSLY uncomfortable ...Bensinger seemed to smile even more broadly as Albert sank into his chair...to what end?

and,
For you to criticize Caroline!
Caroline has spoken greatly of her Mother in so many different forums over the years...have you bothered to look?
and, her ACTIONS speak louder than words...
Caroline, with her degree from the Sorbonne and her genuine life long intellectual and artistic passions, has been the "Cultural Ambassador" for Monaco for more than a generation...a mantle her mother took upon herself in many ways... ( I summarize from Wiki the myriad ways Caroline honors her mother, as well as her own great causes ...to make it easier for you...)

Following her mother's death in 1982, Caroline served as de facto first lady of Monaco until her brother married Charlene Wittstock in 2011. She regularly attends important social events in Monaco related to the Monegasque Princely Family, such as the National Day celebrations, the annual Rose Ball, the Red Cross Ball and the Formula One competition Monaco Grand Prix.

Due to her commitment to philanthropy and arts, Caroline was named a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador on 2 December 2003.[ The UNICEF honoured her with Children's Champion Award on 20 May 2006. The next year, she travelled to the Republic of South Africa to meet its former president Nelson Mandela. In December 2011, the World Association of Children's Friends honoured her for "tireless endeavours in continuing the organisation's legacy". Her personal friend and the Chanel head designer Karl Lagerfeld presented her the award. Caroline had also previously been given the Grand Cross of the Order of St. Charles, and had been appointed as the Commander of the Order of Cultural Merit.
(The Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of Arts and Letters) is an Order of France, established on 2 May 1957 by the Minister of Culture, and its supplementary status to the Ordre national du Mérite was confirmed by President Charles de Gaulle in 1963. Its purpose is the recognition of significant contributions to the arts, literature, or the propagation of these fields.)

Her patronages include:
the Princess Grace Foundation,
the International School of Paris,
Les Ballets de Monte Carlo, (which she also founded),
the Monte-Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra,
the Association des Guides et Scouts de Monaco,
the Monte Carlo Garden Club
and The Spring Arts Festival.
Other philanthropic organizations Caroline has been involved with include
the World Association of Children's Friends (AMADE),
the Prince Pierre Foundation,
the Peter Le Marchant Trust
and UNICEF.
n 1979, Princess Caroline was appointed by her father as the president of the Monegasque Committee for the International Year of the Child. Two years later, in 1981, she founded her own foundation Jeune J'écoute.

Caroline has greatly honored her mother, and Monaco

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, we have a 'supporter' or 'promoter' of the British Royal Family who feels it necessary to put down another family in order to try claim a type of imagined superiority

Have I missed something? Where is someone promoting the British Royal Family over another (the Grimaldis in this case, I presume?)

from Aniston Crazy above...
"It's obvious that Prince William will be keeping Princess Diana in his children's lives and they will grow up loving her and knowing what she means to people. I don't get that vibe from Grace Kelly's grandchildren. They scare me a bit, they don't seem that down to earth but they seem intimidating. Like typical royals who lead the good life without making any significant contributions."

Wow, I feel like my questions have been completely misunderstood. I said clearly I was a big fan of Grace Kelly the actress and personality and I'm just getting to know about her life and times in Monaco and the family. I'm only just starting to read up and know more. I was never promoting the BRF. Yes I'm in uk and I know about them but in no ways was I promoting them. They have been on TV a lot recently that's why I mentioned William and Harry. I see Kate Middleton show tribute to Diana through clothing so I also wanted to know do Tatiana and Beatrice show these little hints of honouring Grace.

I lost my grandmother a few years ago and my grandfather a long time ago and I think about them all the tim, so maybe I was projecting my emotions onto this. I've only seen one interview of Princess Caroline on YouTube. My main points weren't about the children but the grandchildren. Maybe I should've clarified. I wasn't that aware that the princely family don't talk as much. I'm aware Jazmin has spoke about her grandmother but haven't heard her other grandchildren speak about Grace.

I just wanted to know if they had spoke about her. What she still means to them, when they became aware of the fact she was Grace Kelly, their favourite movies etc? Because I still talk about my grandmother and want my nephews to remember her and my grandfather. And because there is still so much admiration and love for Grace given her untimely death from people around the world, I wonder if it means something to her grandchildren, do they fel the same or is it bizarre to them. It would be nice to see them at special Grace tributes etc.

I realise I probably sound nuts because if course they remember her, they know more about her than anyone ever will lol. Maybe I just want them to be an omg! She's amazing! fan like I am.

Wow, I feel like my questions have been completely misunderstood. I said clearly I was a big fan of Grace Kelly the actress and personality and I'm just getting to know about her life and times in Monaco and the family. I'm only just starting to read up and know more. I was never promoting the BRF. Yes I'm in uk and I know about them but in no ways was I promoting them. They have been on TV a lot recently that's why I mentioned William and Harry. I see Kate Middleton show tribute to Diana through clothing so I also wanted to know do Tatiana and Beatrice show these little hints of honouring Grace.

I lost my grandmother a few years ago and my grandfather a long time ago and I think about them all the tim, so maybe I was projecting my emotions onto this. I've only seen one interview of Princess Caroline on YouTube. My main points weren't about the children but the grandchildren. Maybe I should've clarified. I wasn't that aware that the princely family don't talk as much. I'm aware Jazmin has spoke about her grandmother but haven't heard her other grandchildren speak about Grace.

I just wanted to know if they had spoke about her. What she still means to them, when they became aware of the fact she was Grace Kelly, their favourite movies etc? Because I still talk about my grandmother and want my nephews to remember her and my grandfather. And because there is still so much admiration and love for Grace given her untimely death from people around the world, I wonder if it means something to her grandchildren, do they fel the same or is it bizarre to them. It would be nice to see them at special Grace tributes etc.

I realise I probably sound nuts because if course they remember her, they know more about her than anyone ever will lol. Maybe I just want them to be an omg! She's amazing! fan like I am.
Fair enough - you're getting to know about her.

Thing is none of them were born before she died so none of them have any memories of her. I'm sure she's been mentioned and they are aware of her but ... William and Harry remember their mother who I don't suppose will be anymore real to her grandchildren than Grace is to hers. You can't really know a person who died before you were born, IMO.

Also, they don't really give particularly personal interviews. As to not doing much, apart from the twins,none of them have titles - they're private citizens leading as private a life as possible in the rather odd bubble they inhabit and all of them support charitable enterprises in one way or another.

Ok-
I believe i get it...apologies if I misinterpreted your direction...
and I don't wish to "break a butterfly on a wheel"
And I can certainly relate to your personal feelings for your grandparents; happy that you have great memories to pass onto future generations...
and I have always thought Grace Kelly was fantastic, (dont want to use just one word to summarize her!)
However I must agree with Florestane...
William's children are 4 and 2 years old ...no-one will know their feelings for a generation, if ever. They may turn out to be as closely guarded as the Grimaldis.
I can completely understand how the Princely Family may feel fiercely protective of Princess Grace...(and their own personal lives) You never know what an outsiders' motivations are...
Sincerely wishing you well...

You are comparing two different situations. Grace's grandkids are not similar to William and Harry. They were not alive when their grandmother was alive. They have no memories of her. They have nothing personal to keep alive. William and Harry we are talking their mother, they have memories to keep alive, a tribute to keep. I would not remotely suggest Kates clothing choice being a tribute to Diana in a way.

Caroline, Stephanie and Albert have all found ways to keep both their parents alive. Both in their work and their personal lives. We see that in their patronages and actions even if not in constantly talking. I do hope when Diana has been gone 35 years, we aren't still having tributes every year. 20 years seemed a bit much for public ones to some. at 35, life has moved way on, and many happy and sad things change in life. Your focus naturally changes.

Charlotte and George are comparable to the Cassiraghi kids. They will grow up with stories of Diana but they will have no personal memories. They wont have any personal connection. The public who were alive in her life time may indeed feel a closer connection then her grandkids do. That doesn't mean that they wont know about her and be proud. But they will have other people who inspire and guide them. People who are alive and who they have memories of. Just natural way of things.

We must not forget that Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre lost their father as they were very young, It was for them a big lost , a more big lost than the lost of a grandmother that they did not know. and they had to do with it .
Princess Grace was fantastic as Diana was fantastic, I loved them both
but I think that it is a privat life of their lifes.
I remember that Caroline wore the coat of Princess Grace and her collar during the presentation of the twins to Monaco in january, it was to say ' our mother is with us, this day of joy' .
There are a lot of family photos with the painting of Grace behind P Rainier, P Albert and Caroline and their children. Last christmas, there was the photo of the princely couple with the twins with the beautiful painting behind them

Back
Top Bottom