General information and questions about Monaco and the Princely Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful pictures. She looks like a Queen.
Thanks Iceflower!

The Villa Paloma in Monaco is showing "Caroline de Monaco", portraits by Helmut Newton,
Francesco Vezzolli, Andy Warhol and Robert Wilson as one of three current exhibitions.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

These are surely the most special ones:

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

God Save Queen Caroline!

Amazing photos of The Princess.

picture five is a copy of Greta Garbo in Queen Christina ,

Cool pics.
Are they new or old? Were they taken for this exhibition?

Some of these photos have featured in past Royal Forum threads. Does anyone know of a book by Helmut Newton that features them?

Smush, a large number of the portraits are from the 1980s, the two bigger ones I've
posted are quite new compared to that.

Love, love, LOVE the Vezzoli portraits. Very beautiful :D
They were taken in... 2009 I think? If my memory isn't too faulty that is. Time tends to blend into a bit of a blur after a while. :lol: ;)

I have a question: after watching a documentary about Pss Grace I wonder, how many times did she and Ranier meet before they got engaged and then married? It looks like they met in Cannes, corresponded by mail for about 6 months, he came to Philadelphia to spend Christmas with the family and they were engaged in 24 hours. So basically, they saw each other twice before they were engaged? Then they didn't see each other again until Grace sailed to Monaco, right?

I think you are right Burberry. PG said she was taking a big chance by doing so but went with her instinct. I have a friend who did the same thing (phone instead of letters)and has been married for many years.

Grace and Rainier met/saw eachother 4 times before they were married.

Smush, a large number of the portraits are from the 1980s, the two bigger ones I've
posted are quite new compared to that.
Thank you.
On Monaco info you could see Caroline visiting the exhibition.
Wearing pants and a brown blazer she had her glasses on and was quite interested in the photos.

How long is the Caroline portrait exhibition running for? I would love to see it forming part of a permanent exhibition. I wonder if there will be a catalogue too.

:previous:

Elly C, the exhibition runs untill January 8, 2012. In some way I doubt that Princess Caroline
would agree on such a permanent presentation, too much public worship for her taste.. ;)

Is the plane which Albert use HIS plane?
Or was it Rainier's plane and he inherited it?
Who bought it?

Or is it the plane for the head of state belonging to Monaco?

Thanks iceflower!
I would love to see that exhibition. She is the ultimate icon of Monaco!

Monaco and France are members of the United Nations World Food Programme.
WFP | United Nations World Food Programme - Fighting Hunger Worldwide

A few days before Christmas, Mme Catena, the WFP Director for France and Monaco, visited the Principality to consult about Development Millennium Objectives.

Present from the Principality were:
Amade Monaco; AMREF Monaco; Caritas; Croix Rouge Monégasque; Monaco Aide et Présence; Programme Free Rice.
Four Monaco Government Councillors were also present.

Accueil*>*Actualités*>*Visite de Mme Marina Catena (PAM) en Principauté(Fr)

A good opportunity to liaise with NGOs, politicians etc.

Until January 8th, the Nouveau Musée National de Monaco will be screening a film about Princess Caroline, at the Villa Paloma part of the Musée.

The film is entitled "Du Rocher à Monte-Carlo - Caroline de Monaco".

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info.
I would love to see it!

Where have all the Monacos disappear??\

Where are they spending Christmas?

For Charlene is the fisrts Christmas as a Princess, shouldn't she be there? At least for the Christmas mass

That's what I thought too. No photos, videos through the whole christmas time.

Where have all the Monacos disappear??\

Where are they spending Christmas?

For Charlene is the fisrts Christmas as a Princess, shouldn't she be there? At least for the Christmas mass

We've never seen any of the Grimaldies attending one of the Christmas services in Monaco during the last decades.

As previously mentioned in another thread these are private days/weeks for the family members, we rarely see any
pictures of. Sometimes we are lucky to get paparazzi pics of them in their skiing or beach vacations, but not every
year.

we never see the princely family attending the christmas mass as the english royal family or norway family do it, they attend the mass in privat there is the privat chapell in the palace of monaco (the chapel where we saw Charlene and albert signing the official papers after the wedding), there is the privat chapell in le chateau de Marchais.
We have not many photos on their christmas holidays. Last year, we had the photos of princess Caroline and her children in Rio and photos of prince Albert and Charlene in Egypt. The photos were on newscom but it is not often

The site Monaco Monte Carlo News - Newsletter is now on Facebook.

Its Facebook name is "Principauté de Monaco".

Last edited:
Is Alexandra still a protestant or did she convert to catholicism ? she took the "holy communion" at her uncle's wedding.

I think she is still protestant but during the wedding, I saw also the princess Victoria and her husband the prince Daniel tooking the 'holy communion', I believed that sometimes in circonstances, taking the holy communion was allowed in the lutherian religion

Is Alexandra still a protestant or did she convert to catholicism ? she took the "holy communion" at her uncle's wedding.

Holy Communion is also a Protestant rite. Some Protestant denominations don't offer it at every service, some only twice a year.

:previous:
As a protestant myself, I've always believed that children (who are protestants) did not have the right to take the holy communion until they are "confirmed" (affirmation of baptism), and she is too young for it. that's why it's a bit weird for me but maybe not all protestants branches are working that way.

Details of forthcoming exhibitions in aid of the Princess Grace Foundation & to coincide with Les Ballets de Monte Carlo's visit to the States.

Monaco, A Dream Come True

The ticket prices are really reasonable, starting at $10 per person.

Back
Top Bottom