Funeral of Princess Antoinette, March 24, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This thread is dedicated to the funeral service for Princess Antoinette of Monaco, that takes place on March 24, 2011.​

the service was on monaco info on line, it will be boardcasted at 13h, 17h and 22 h again

Melanie's tribute was quite touching

What did she say Bones?

My French is sorely lacking. Is Christopher there as well?

How she faced her illnesses, what joy for life she had, how she loved people etc, devoted to her Catholic faith, how she was an inspiration to everyone.

Not that I have seen but the camera is sticking mostly on the priests, but I wouldn't really expect to see any.

Are there any foreign Royals at the Funeral Mass?

I don't think so. If so, I guess they would have been placed in the first rows,
but I couldn't see any. Princess Antoinette's work and family relations were
mainly concentrated on Monaco, so that's understandable.

Melanie's speech has indeed been very touching, especially in combination
with the choral singing.

Not that I have seen but the camera is sticking mostly on the priests, but I wouldn't really expect to see any.

Lots of nuns also in the congregation!

I don't think so. If so, I guess they would have been placed in the first rows,
but I couldn't see any. Princess Antoinette's work and family relations were
mainly concentrated on Monaco, so that's understandable.

with the choral singing.

Yes I was thinking that myself,I was hoping that a Spanish Royal would be there as they were quite close with Rainier & Grace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I saw Charlotte take communion...tsk,tsk,tsk :whistling:

Yes, but far as I know she's still living with Alex ... and I doubt they're sleeping in twin beds ;)

And someone better tell the Charlene thread that she didn't take communion so it looks like she's Protestant again (sigh), of course neither did Caroline which surprised me.

You're welcome, An Ard Ri!:)

And You're right for Charlotte, Bones..;)

Charlotte

Yes, but far as I know she's still living with Alex ... and I doubt they're sleeping in twin beds ;)

And someone better tell the Charlene thread that she didn't take communion so it looks like she's Protestant again (sigh), of course neither did Caroline which surprised me.

Thats her own business,I doubt God has time to worry ;)

I'm RC & don't always take Communion.

with the choral singing.

Couldn't agree more..:flowers:

As for communion, I'm also RC, and don't take it always, it depends on your last confession..

Last edited:
I'm sorry but since when?? people RC having sexual relations before marriage are forbidden from communion???!!!
And what is this comment about Caroline? She is RC too, she has always been. Only the high ecclesiastic authorities can decide who is forbidden from communion! and for reasons more serious that having a boyfriend!

Alexandra is also there! How nice! She should have Pcs Ant like a sort of granmother!

These pics remind me how many times we have seen Caroline mourning! God!

How to kisten to Mélanie's speech, I can't reach...

There will be transmisson at 17h o'clock, maybe Monaco Info will have it in video archive.;)

Last edited:
Caroline didn't have a Catholic Wedding with Ernst, so it's understandable

http://i56.tinypic.com/w98bcg.png

Could someone tell me who is who in this photo? (I suppose there are the closest relatives of the late Princess)

I only guess that the "tanned" woman is Cecile, (daughter-in-law of the late Princess) - born in Gwadelupe, but what about the rest?

Beautiful mass, and the tribute of Melanie quite touching (she is very similar to Charlotte, have you noticed?)

I was suprised that to the Princely family Communion was being given "on hand" and to the others "to the mouth". Why?

To Princess Caroline,
I followed the whole funerals of your Aunt Princess Antoinette and with Her the generation of your beloved parents passed away.
I saw you for the fourth time in deep sorrow and black lace mantilla.
The first time for your mother HSH Princess Grace but you shared the sorrow of your father;
The second time for your young husband's funerals , your father shared your sorrow.
The third time for your beloved father HSH Prince Rainier of Monaco and at the same time your husband struggled for his life in a hospital.
And now for the fourth time for your Aunt Princess Antoinette who shared all your sorrows and you were alone but you have 4 loving children.
In July , you will be like your late Aunt the sister-in-law of the Princess of Monaco and you wll be also Monaco's second lady.
May God bless You

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom