Funeral of Prince Rainier: April 15, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the links, elektraking. I was wondering if anyone knew the time the retransmission of the funeral will begin on palais.mc. Will it be the same time as the actual funeral (10 am Monaco time, 1 am Pacific Daylight Time)?

Yeah I also have the same question as you Mihoshi, at what time will the funeral be rebroadcasted...

I found the video, but I have to sign up to view it. I don't speak Norwegian, so does anyone know if signing up is going to cost anything?

thanks elektraking
but i can't watch any videos of your links.
possibly because of my bad internet connection. Y.Y

edit
i can watch it now, thanks again!

Last edited:
Can somebody please tell me how I can watch the video of Rainier's funeral?! Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Video Of Prince Rainier's funeral

For those who are interested, you can watch Prince Rainier's funeral starting today on www.palais.mc ..no matter of time..I think.. I was just few minutes ago there and was able to watch video.

I think this will be available for next 30 days..

Thanks for telling us Ianna :) I also remember reading somewhere it will be available for 30 days...do they show the whole funeral or just parts of it?

Always..:) I think whole funeral with footage of previous documentaries of Prince Rainier and family. In window of video was saying 4:02:00..so I guess they provide whole..

Does anyone know if Baron Christian de Massy (son of Pcess Antoinette) who had been banished from Monaco some years ago because of his comments on Prince Rainier and his family, was allowed to attend his uncle's funeral ?

assia said:
Does anyone know if Baron Christian de Massy (son of Pcess Antoinette) who had been banished from Monaco some years ago because of his comments on Prince Rainier and his family, was allowed to attend his uncle's funeral ?

Yes, le Baron Christian de Massy was present at the funeral.

Attachments

• 52635128.jpg
    52635128.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 363
Thank you Michelle to provide so precise and accurate information.

Thanks Michelle for the information. Also did Maguy Ducruet, Ines de La Fressange, Carole Bouquet, Mrs. Fernanda Casiraghi or Robertino Rosellini attend the funeral?

Ianna said:
Always..:) I think whole funeral with footage of previous documentaries of Prince Rainier and family. In window of video was saying 4:02:00..so I guess they provide whole..

Oh thanks Ianna for the info :D I guess that you have to have some time to watch it....

monaco70s said:
Oh thanks Ianna for the info :D I guess that you have to have some time to watch it....

In these days surely no..:D It is too long for me to sit and watch..Last Friday I saw first part..it's bad you can't arrange to watch from point you want..

It's the same for me...very busy days...and I wish like you that you could watch the funeral on several parts.

If you choose to watch it in real player and then click the right of your mouse you can choose to watch it in your own real player which allows you to choose which bit you want to watch!

Does anybody know how to save it on to your computer???

budge9 said:
If you choose to watch it in real player and then click the right of your mouse you can choose to watch it in your own real player which allows you to choose which bit you want to watch!

Does anybody know how to save it on to your computer???

Thanks for the tip :D You know, I don't think it's posible to save on ur PC :-/ since the whole funeral is like 4 hours...me thinks it could occupy like 4 GB or something....

La douleur des adieux

Albert will make of Monaco the capital of worlds sport, charity and ecology.

Caroline and Stephanie - Monaco can rely on two First Ladys.

Stephanie - Monaco's minister for social affaires

Caroline - Monaco's minister for cultural affaires

Caroline takes care of the Grimaldi clan. She reunited the whole family around her - for lunch and dinner at the Palais Princier - where Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, Ernstie and Christian took care of and looked after Louis, Pauline, Camille and Alexandra.
The two sisters - distant some time before - share intimete moments.

Stephanie and her aunt 'Tini' Antoinette felt the need to eclipse themselves from the family circle frm time to time - to walk side by side, in silence and remeber.

Bernard Montiel: " In August, at the Red-Cross-Gala, Stephanie watched her father with love and admiration - extrordinary. I couldn't keep myself from saying: ' Hey, Steph....what a complicity between you and your daddy!' - With this 'little-girl-expression' in her eyes she answered: ' Mais oui, c'est mon papounet' ( Yes, he's my papounet)."

Albert and Caroline will take care of Stephanie. They would never let her down - like she would never let them down.
People will surely be surprised by Stephanie's positive role in Monaco, the positive role she'll assume in the future.

Pictures:

1. Moment of seperation - Prince Albert and his sisters accompany their father in their prayers.
2. Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre, Ernstie and Christian pray and send their deepest thought to Louis, Pauline, Camille and Alexandra, considered to be too young for such a painful public funeral. ( confirmed Ernstie later)
3.Princess Stephanie's eyes filled with sadness
4.Stephanie looks tenderly at her sister, whom she knows in double pain with the sickness of her hsuband
5.Ernstie silently follows his step-mom
6.Prince Albert suronded by two of his five nephews
7.Andrea and Pierre behind their uncle Albert, now head of the family
8. Prince Albert and his younger sister holding hands in these so difficult moments
9. Princess Caroline talking silently to her sister on their way out of the cathedral
10. Caroline,Ernstie,Albert, Charlotte, Mélanie, Sebatian, Andrea, Stephanie, Pierre, Elisbeth-Anne (invisible because behind Pierre) and Jean-Léonard - ( Christian accompanied Antoinette and was therefore already in the cathedral )

Attachments

• f2.JPG
    f2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 347
  • f7.JPG
    f7.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 666
  • f4.JPG
    f4.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 424
  • f6.JPG
    f6.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 472
  • f14.JPG
    f14.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 358
  • f27.JPG
    f27.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 393
  • f20.JPG
    f20.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 451
  • f29.JPG
    f29.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 421
  • f31.JPG
    f31.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 448
  • f30.JPG
    f30.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 752
'After Stefano's death my dad served as a father for Charlotte and her brothers.' - Caroline explained and added: - ' For Stephanie's and my children these moments are even more difficult as for ourselves.'

Pictures:

1. Her nephew Andrea and her niece Charlotte at her side Stephanie can't keep inside her tears
2. Andrea closes his eyes to be alone with is thoughts
3. Ernstie and Christian share their brothers', sisters', cousins', aunt's, uncle's and step-moms grief
4. Andrea attentionally cavers his 'Tama' with his regard
5. Stephanie - trying to be a brave girl for these moments
6.Andrea and Charlotte sharing one car to return home, as Pierre heads for the car he shares with his aunt and step-brother
7. Ernstie and Charlotte together
8. Albert followed by his niece Charlotte
9.The family leaving
10. Albert and ssiter Stephanie on their way

Attachments

• f9.JPG
    f9.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 356
  • f26.JPG
    f26.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 401
  • f17.JPG
    f17.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 345
  • f24.JPG
    f24.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 345
  • f16.JPG
    f16.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 379
  • f12.JPG
    f12.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 354
  • f8.JPG
    f8.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 304
  • f5.JPG
    f5.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 1,056
  • f3.JPG
    f3.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 440
  • f1.JPG
    f1.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 439
Pictures:

1. Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre
2. Stephanie lost
3. Stephanie surrounded by her nephews Pierre and Andrea
4. Pierre and Stephanie
5.Andrea guiding his little ssiter Charlotte
6.Steph's feelings
7.Pierre watches over 'Tama'
8. Andrea's way
9. Pierre's light for 'Papi'
10. She's lsitening to her heartbeat

Attachments

• f10.JPG
    f10.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 346
  • f11.JPG
    f11.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 294
  • f13.JPG
    f13.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 853
  • f15.JPG
    f15.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 352
  • f19.JPG
    f19.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 312
  • f18.JPG
    f18.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 328
  • f21.JPG
    f21.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 317
  • f22.JPG
    f22.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 361
  • f25.JPG
    f25.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 793
  • f23.JPG
    f23.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
You did a nice photo essay Michelle of such a sad moment for the family. I liked Caroline's quote and believe both the Princesses and Albert will do such a great job in Monaco.

thanks for the pictures everyone, i haven't been on the forum lately so the pictures really do a good job on updating me and everything...so thanks heaps! ^___^

Michelle thenks for your pics, these family must be togeder now...I like Caro coute.
Your pics are touching michelle, thanks for posting them

I did notice when I watched the funeral that Stephanie kept looking over at Caroline and that everytime she did she seemed to become even more emotional. I think that we are now seeing two sisters coming together again in grief and love.

Back
Top Bottom