Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask How you know this, Her grandmother gave the pictures?

Because Bunte talked to a lot of people, like her grandma, teacher and so on and there is also a picture of her grandma with some pics of Charlene in the background.....

Here is the pic of her grandmother.... You can see some pics behind her.... BUNTE

v8hhqb.jpg

tbhrc said:
Because Bunte talked to a lot of people, like her grandma, teacher and so on and there is also a picture of her grandma with some pics of Charlene in the background.....

There's an interesting article in the May '06 issue of Marie Claire (US edition) that talks about how paparazzi, gossip magazines, etc. can get this kind of information from people. They have an extensive network of paid spies and can get friendly with certain family members. Unless CW's PR people are also behind this, but this kind of campaign is just a little declasse to me. Sounds to me like la famille Wittstock is trying to force something or they just can't keep their mouths shut. Grace's mother sold a serial about Grace's life to the Philadelphia Inquirer for the benefit of one of her charities and encountered both Grace's & Rainier's wrath. Sounds like Grandma sold CW out.

From the posting of Charlene's pictures on the refridgerator (especially the picture of Albert kissing Charlene's hand), her grandmother seems to be very proud of her. Which is understandable.

Charlene has beautiful eyes! Just work on the teeth.

But, let's be real. No one should be be surprise that Charlene's grandmother would talk to a tabloid or give out pictures. Remember, it was Charlene herself who gave a DETAILED account of her first date with Albert in 2001 to a reporter. Tacky. Tacky. Tacky. Ok, she was not totally tacky like Nicole because Charlene did not mention if she and Albert had sex on the first date. She mentioned they went dancing, drank champagne, went to his apartment, and she arrived back to her room at 5 in the morning.

I think most 23 year-olds would have been excited if a prince selected them from a crowd and most would have told their girlfriends (I know I would have). But a reporter? Tacky. Tacky. Tacky. Perhaps she gabbed because she really did lose his phone number as she stated in the article. Maybe that was her way of trying to contact Albert. Regardless, I think Ms. Wittstock is a survivor and although not "educated" she is very smart. That's why she is dating albert and going to the Italy, Paris, and Maldives and we are writing about her. That's life.

Last edited:
MyAdia said:
From the posting of Charlene's pictures on the refridgerator (especially the picture of Albert kissing Charlene's hand), her grandmother seems to be very proud of her. Which is understandable.

Charlene has beautiful eyes! Just work on the teeth.

But, let's be real. No one should be be surprise that Charlene's grandmother would talk to a tabloid or give out pictures. Remember, it was Charlene herself who gave a DETAILED account of her first date with Albert in 2001 to a reporter. Tacky. Tacky. Tacky. Ok, she was not totally tacky like Nicole because Charlene did not mention if she and Albert had sex on the first date. She mentioned they went dancing, drank champagne, went to his apartment, and she arrived back to her room at 5 in the morning.

I think most 23 year-olds would have been excited if a prince selected them from a crowd and most would have told their girlfriends (I know I would have). But a reporter? Tacky. Tacky. Tacky. Perhaps she gabbed because she really did lose his phone number as she stated in the article. Maybe that was her way of trying to contact Albert. Regardless, I think Ms. Wittstock is a survivor and although not "educated" she is very smart. That's why she is dating albert and going to the Italy, Paris, and Maldives and we are writing about her. That's life.

What else is really tacky is the fact that Albert & his expedition should be the focus of attention this week and not the state of his relationship with Charlene. Again, it's the "it's all about me" syndrome.

Note Grandma doesn't have The Maldives photos on the fridge.

pinklady1991 said:
Note Grandma doesn't have The Maldives photos on the fridge.
:D :D :D :D LOL

Charlene and Granny have the same smile....

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too hard on Charlene's grandmother. The press is quite well known for getting information out of proud grannies; they're professional information gatherers, and I'm sure she didn't mean to give out as much information as she actually gave.

Hi,

A glimpse into Charlene. Here are excerpts from the Paris Match interview with Charlene. Charlene met with the PM reporter, along with her newly hired public relations manager and her best friend, at a restaurant (Bean Bag Bohemia) in South Africa on 25 Feb 2006. Since the lack of education quote has been widely circulated, I decided to quote exactly what she said. Also, these excerpts give you a glimpse of her family and her family relationship. Since Charlene is meeting with her PR person, one can assume that the pupose of this interview is to show herself in the most postive light as possible (I guess that is most people's goal for an interview). This rusty translation is mine, so any native French speakers, please feel free to correct my translation.
PM: Vous étés championne de nation, classée parmi les cinq meilleures nageuses mondiales en 2000. Où est née cette passion?
CW: Ma mère était plongeuse de haut niveau et s’entraînait sans cesse en vie des Jeux olympiques.
PM: You are a swimming champion, classified among the five best female world swimmers in 2000. Where was this passion born?
CW: My mother was a high level diver and trained continuously in life for the Olympic Games
……
PM: Le rêve appris corps aux J.O. de Sydney en 2000. Quelles qualités avez-vous développes pour atteindre votre but ?

CW: La discipline, la détermination et la concentration. Je vivais, mangeais, respirais, dormais uniquement pour ma passion. A l’école, mes notes m’importaient peu, seul comptait le sport. Quand vous nagez, vous ne pensez qu’au moment présent. Aujourd’hui encore, je suis comme ça.

PM: The dream (body ??) learnt at the Sydney Olympics Games in 2000. What qualities have you develop to attain your purpose?
CW: Discipline, determination and concentration. I lived, ate, breathed, slept only for my passion. At school, my grades were not much important to me, the sport only counted. When you swim, you think only at the present moment. Even today, I am just like that.
…….
PM : Etes-vous proche de vos parents ?
CW : J’ai pris ma vie en main très tôt en partout de chez moi vers 17 ans pour rejoindre Durban et Grahm Hill, l’un des meilleurs coachs d’Afrique de Sud. Je voulais être au top dans ma discipline et voyager dans le monde. Mes parents m’y ont encouragée. Ils m’ont toujours soutenue. Mon père m’a même en traînée pendant un moment. Avec moi, ils ont fait ce qu’ils devaient faire : m’aider à être le mieux possible. Jamais ils ne m’ont mis de pression. Ce qui est le meilleur moyen pour qu’un enfant réussisse. J’essaie de me comporter ainsi auprès des enfants défavorisés quand je les forme bénévolement à la natation.

PM: Are you close to your parents?
CW: I took my life in hand very early everywhere from my home at about 17 years old to rejoin Durban and Grahm Hill, one of the best coaches in South Africa. I wanted to be at the top in my discipline and to travel the world. My parents encouraged me there. They always supported me. My father has even trained me for a moment. With me, they did what they had to do: help me to be the best possible. They never put pressure on me. What is the best means so that a child succeeds. I try to act so to the underprivileged children when I train them voluntarily in swimming.

Last edited:
I still find it interesting that she had a PR person with her in Turino.

I find it interesting that this comes out just as PA is far away. Remember last year: the palace confirmed the NC story on a day when PA was far away in Singapore, in a meeting. Unreachable, no comment possible. No harassment either. In both cases: by the time he comes back, the worst has died down.....

Coincidence?

I have to admit that an official palace message isn't the same as an article in Bunte, but still.

I still find it interesting that she had a PR person with her in Turino.
Now I come to read it again, so do I. Who goes on holiday with a PR person in tow?

But didn't Paris Match came to her in South Africa for the interview?

G.

Last edited:
Ghislaine said:
Now I come to read it again, so do I. Who goes on holiday with a PR person in tow?

But didn't Paris Match came to her in South Africa for the interview?

G.

Yes, I am sorry, Paris Match did go to South Africa for the interview. PM interviewed Charlene on 25 Feb 2006 at a restautant called Bean Bag Bohemia. Charlene was with her PR person Dawn East and her best friend, Leanne Bouman.

To me the biggest intrigue now (more than a PR person) is what is the purpose of PA traveling all the way to South Africa for a safari after he's been gone for so long (first tirp to SA, Torino, Switzerland, Maldives, North Pole)

And I read that the safari is in CW's hometown. There is something brewing there. It just doesn't make sense for any other reason. Or is it a state visit? But wasn't he just there on a state visit in January?

WindsorIII said:
To me the biggest intrigue now (more than a PR person) is what is the purpose of PA traveling all the way to South Africa for a safari after he's been gone for so long (first tirp to SA, Torino, Switzerland, Maldives, North Pole)

And I read that the safari is in CW's hometown. There is something brewing there. It just doesn't make sense for any other reason. Or is it a state visit? But wasn't he just there on a state visit in January?

Who knows? It may have been planned before the relationship got started; it could mean something more on the personal front. It could have another function with the environment although I think it was called a private vacation. There is a pattern to the dates with CW, however; they appear to happen once a month. The residents of Monaco and his gov't ministers are not happy about his galvanting around either. It's quite the change from Rainier's style; but Albert is younger and often went abroad for his father. Probably would be more palatable if these trips were concerned with business.

If it is personal business with CW, even though he's a grown man, I think he should give the relationship a little longer and not rush into anything. JMO. I'd like to think if he's going to make a decision one way or another, he's sure it's with the right person, and not rush into another public, disasterous relationship. Then again, knowing that this is the week of the expedition and things have been quiet on the CW front, Bunte and Corriere2000 could be running articles just to boost sales. There is also the wedding anniversary coming up and everyone hoping that that date will mean something. It's best not to read too far between the lines.

RE: Grandma's article in Bunte. I do think Grandma was taken in by some of the paparazzi; not difficult to do and I don't like the slime factor in that any more than the next person. However, I think a better PR strategy would have been to keep quiet unless and until an official announcement is made for two reasons. The first being, it looks like CW and her family are trying to force the Palace to make an announcement which is a huge faux pas; and the second is that it leaves all parties involved open to criticism about the nature of the relationship. Whole thing becomes a disorganized sideshow and not a carefully orchestrated PR plan. (That's my professional opinion.)

I'll toss in more intrigue. I've been thinking about Grandma's article. If there is a silent engagement, Grandma would want it to be announced the sooner the better. The announcement would put her granddaughter into a slightly better light.

maryellen1539 said:
I'll toss in more intrigue. I've been thinking about Grandma's article. If there is a silent engagement, Grandma would want it to be announced the sooner the better. The announcement would put her granddaughter into a slightly better light.

But trying to force the Palace's hand might backfire and put them in bad stead. The announcement comes from the Palace and they make all of the decisions around it. If they are too eager for the announcement and the limelight, PA may decide to walk away.

I really think her comments about the importance she put on grades is very unfortunate, especially comming from someone who hails from the poorest most uneducated continent in the world. I understand passion but the window for someone to really compete in the olympics is small, she's too old now, as was PA. I mean it happens but face it, it's rare. Just seems sort of self gratifying and self indulgent, for lack of better terms.

I am of the opinion that PA will never marry, doesn't need the hastle. It could damage him far more than help him in terms of a public image. I do not think he asks many of the women he dates to hide under rocks. Why would he? It would be insulting. Didn't NC sit in the box with him at the MC grad prix or something?

As far as the PR person goes, I saw a documentary on TV awhile back that was talking about how all the socialites were taking their PR people everywhere with them. If your trying to build your public image, makes sense. She is obviously no stranger to the press.

leahteresa said:
I am of the opinion that PA will never marry, doesn't need the hastle. It could damage him far more than help him in terms of a public image. I do not think he asks many of the women he dates to hide under rocks. Why would he? It would be insulting. Didn't NC sit in the box with him at the MC grad prix or something?

But NC had to pretend she was the gf of one of his friends. At least he had her in Monaco...CW is like his travel buddy. I wonder how they will be able to take the day-to-day of palace life together when Albert is off at meetings/work all day and CW is going to have her own roles which may not be of her choosing?

leahteresa said:
As far as the PR person goes, I saw a documentary on TV awhile back that was talking about how all the socialites were taking their PR people everywhere with them. If your trying to build your public image, makes sense. She is obviously no stranger to the press.

Yes, a publicist has become a status symbol now. The trick is to find a good one. While there is the old adage, that all publicity is good publicity, today's PR person is a combination baby-sitter and spin doctor. I don't think CW's PR person is doing a good job. If you want public interest in someone, keep them out of the public eye constantly and don't invite them into private spaces. Jackie Kennedy was brilliant at this: she maintained a distance from the public and the more she kept away, the more they clamored for her. This also protected her from long-term criticism. If you put everything out there, you're leaving yourself open for feedback both positive and negative. And if you saturate the market (think Tom & Katie), then it all becomes negative.

From the Novella2000 website. This week's article.

alberto8rp.jpg

Are these better shots of the Crazy Horse trip in Paris?

Ann

These are actually shots of PA and CW in February during the Olympic games in Turino.

The earrings are dressy, as is the black fur. Perhaps it was a formal dinner.

Ann

She does look smitten. Doesn't she. Poor thing, I wonder how she will take it, if he dumps her.

Yes all those photos have been see before.

I read on the Royal Blues site that all of this build up is being put out there by either PA's or CW's PR to lead up to an engagement announcement from CW's home in SA during the safari vacation.

http://forums.rbhq.net/showthread.php?t=5908&page=7

They also say it was CW's grandmother who has been leaking out the infomation on CW taking French and ettiquette lessons, changing her religion to catholic, and the planning of a major event in MC this fall.

Interesting theories, but then again, that is all we have at the moment. I guess we have to wait a few weeks and see.

Also FYI, that photo layout that is on the Novella2000 website is dated

Venerdì 17 Febbraio
Attualità:
freccia.gif
Una sudafricana per Alberto

http://novella2000.corriere.it/archive/new/attualita/2006/alberto.html

So I don't think they would re-run the same spread in this weeks magazine.

Well, they have to do something to sell papers! ;) Global warming isn't as interesting as a potential bride. :p

Ann

I think that was the night of a dinner hosted by the Prince & Princess of Yugoslavia.

If CW got a PR person, she probably set up Grandma's interviews. Maybe I'm just cynical, but to me it looks like CW's camp is trying to force PA's hand to make some kind of announcement sooner rather than later. Reminds me how the Palace had to make a statement a few years ago to counter the engagement rumors to Tasha. No other magazine has picked up on these stories that Bunte has been running and I just find that strange. Think about how they were all tripping over each other over Torino and The Maldives -- and I don't think it was just the photo ops. They all kept running the same stories and quoting each other.

This thread is about Charlene Wittstock's current events. If there aren't any reported events, then there's no need to fill the thread with off-topic digressions and certainly not with insulting comments. I've moved a bunch of posts to the "A Wife for Albert" thread, and I'll be going through that thread and removing posts containing speculation and insults.

When there are more current events to report and discuss, this is the place for it. Until then, discussions about Prince Albert's relationships belong elsewhere.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom