Anniversary Masses for HSH Prince Rainier III

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that it is interesting that these photos seem to once again challenge the rumour that the sisters are not close! Does anybody know if the family were together after the mass and throughout the day. I believe that Caroline was chairing a conference earlier in the day, but does anybody know if they stayed together after the service? Thanks! :)

Thanks for the pics..I really feel for the family, especially poor Caroline..
Charlotte looked great..

The pics are very touching. Made me feel sad though:(

i hope he's resting in peace with the angels. the pics are really sad to see, but at least they are a very strong family. that is obvious.

Those pics made me remember sad times :( I agree with all of you: it´s very touching moment but the family is strong and together they will be better. I really like seeing the Grimaldi trio supporting each other in these days.
The other trio looks nice and in some way I admire their braveness. I mean even I loved (and still doing) my grandpa those memorials are uncomfortable and not nice at all, and they even help with the 'flower thing'.

Also thanks por the pics/info. I was pretty surprised with Albert delay how could he get late to a mass! Caroline seems really sad as Steph but this one made a hard work keeping her tears for herself

May you rest in peace next to Grace dear Rainier

Thanks for the description paca (and for the details which only you would remember!). The service sounded beautiful -- do you remember the readings?

Like everyone, I'm a little shocked that PA was late. Not good to keep the archbishop waiting.

May Rainier rest in peace.

Thank you for the pics!
I am also shameful for Albert' delay. Any excuses are blame excuses. That day was special - the first year without his father has ended - and it will not repeat again. The year of values reappraisal and summation of the first achievements. I start to think that Albert falls under someone' bad influence or has a false/unfriendly milieu.
Looking at the pictures with family members I feel that all of them are mentally there and only Albert sometimes looks as he is thinking about another things than mass and his dad. Have you noticed that or I am alone?

Albert is playing with his pinkys again .

Anyone know why Caroline and Charlotte covered their heads and Stephanie did not?

Ann

Look at Stephanie - she's entered into in the church not only uncovered her head, but also without a cross on her neck. I guess it means only that she is an atheist who is not going to follow religious traditions even during requiem mass.

Where on earth do you get that idea from?

Females covering their heads is not common anymore for those under 60 (at least in my area). And aside from Caroline, no one wore one last year.

However, I was surprised Stephanie did not participate this year as a show of unity. Though Stephanie has always marched to her own drummer, so its not such a shock.

And I would not think her unchristian and certainly not atheist for her actions! Some of the most foul people wear big obnoxious crosses.

Ann

Thank you all for the pics!
It's been a sad day for Monaco again and to me it seems as if it was only yesterday - those days of waiting, praying and finally Rainier's death..:(
By the way, I like Albert's gesture of holding both sisters very much!

It's nice to see the family together. It doesn't seem like he passed away a year ago...

Suonymona said:
Where on earth do you get that idea from?Females covering their heads is not common anymore for those under 60 (at least in my area). And aside from Caroline, no one wore one last year.
However, I was surprised Stephanie did not participate this year as a show of unity. Though Stephanie has always marched to her own drummer, so its not such a shock.
And I would not think her unchristian and certainly not atheist for her actions! Some of the most foul people wear big obnoxious crosses.
Ann

You asked, Ann, I answered. It was my opinion and observations of my area chrisian traditions. If covering heads&crosses during funeral or commemoration religious rites is not in common anymore in your area churches it does not mean that Monaco has the same traditions like you have. Caroline and Charlotte doing homage to Prince Ranier memory properly appeared as definite proof of MC traditions. As a rule such sad events interlace local traditions, respect to them and personal belief together. As to Stephanie, it is her own choice, her prefernces and her way of behaviour...You know, it would be better to ask Paca about usual religious formalities in Monaco. I think she knows them better.

Thanks for posting the pics. It is sad to see.

R.I.P Dear Prince

More from Profimedia
part 1
42166492043am.jpg
42166492316vj.jpg

42166489573xs.jpg
42166491958kk.jpg
42166491940vp.jpg
42166489701wy.jpg

42166491488bf.jpg

Corbis part 3
42-16648957.jpg 42-16649078.jpg
42-16649148.jpg 42-16649192.jpg
42-16649194.jpg 42-16649194.jpg
42-16649204.jpg 42-16649211.jpg
42-16649238.jpg 42-16649303.jpg

Attachments

• 42-16649195.jpg
    42-16649195.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 411
RADKER18 said:
Albert is playing with his pinkys again .

I noticed that too...he appears to be under a lot of stress.

AquaMarine said:
You asked, Ann, I answered. It was my opinion and observations of my area chrisian traditions. If covering heads&crosses during funeral or commemoration religious rites is not in common anymore in your area churches it does not mean that Monaco has the same traditions like you have. Caroline and Charlotte doing homage to Prince Ranier memory properly appeared as definite proof of MC traditions. As a rule such sad events interlace local traditions, respect to them and personal belief together. As to Stephanie, it is her own choice, her prefernces and her way of behaviour...You know, it would be better to ask Paca about usual religious formalities in Monaco. I think she knows them better.

AquaMarine brings up a good point...For example, I see good upbringing in Charlotte instilled by her mother, Princess Caroline. It is the little things one notices such as Charlotte wearing a headcovering, etc... One's children learn proper behavior from parents who set the example.

i think charlotte looks terrible at this pictures.and she is skinny again.maybe it´s the black outfit....

Yes, mw7060a, as a rule our parents are the best example for us...intended or unintended...good or bad, alas Stephanie happened to be an exception... Don't know what about you, but I love following religious and cultural traditions and solemn rituals very much, it's so interesting, spiritual and full of respect to our ancestry...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom