2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mw7060a said:
Is it just me or was the last picture site posted above by purple platinum showing Princess Stephanie wearing what looked to be (possibly ?) a wedding ring on her left hand???

i was thinking the same, mw7060a.
here is the translation from dateline caption :
On the photograph: Princess Stéphanie carries has her auricular left a ring in white gold.

More of Albert & Stephanie from colourpress :

Attachments

• COLOUR10390829.jpg
    COLOUR10390829.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 521
  • COLOUR10390830.jpg
    COLOUR10390830.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 503
  • COLOUR10390831.jpg
    COLOUR10390831.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 461
  • COLOUR10390832.jpg
    COLOUR10390832.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 449
  • COLOUR10390833.jpg
    COLOUR10390833.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 465
  • COLOUR10390834.jpg
    COLOUR10390834.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 510
  • COLOUR10390835.jpg
    COLOUR10390835.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 437
  • COLOUR10390836.jpg
    COLOUR10390836.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 434
  • COLOUR10390837.jpg
    COLOUR10390837.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 535
  • COLOUR10390828.jpg
    COLOUR10390828.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 440
preparation..preparation..get ready!

from getty
Monaco, MONACO: Employees work in the cathedral of Monaco, 16 November 2005, where Prince Albert is to be formally invested during a series of ceremonies, 19 November 2005, ending a process that began in July when he was sworn in before his people.

Attachments

• 56185520.jpg
    56185520.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 521
  • 56185522.jpg
    56185522.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 498
Haakon has cancelled his attendence (source NTB), because of Mette-Marit's advanced pregnancy.

what is that Ribbons stephanie is wearing on her lapel? AIDS awareness?

new ones from colourpress

Attachments

• COLOUR10392509.jpg
    COLOUR10392509.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 548
  • COLOUR10392514.jpg
    COLOUR10392514.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 486
  • COLOUR10392513.jpg
    COLOUR10392513.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 447
  • COLOUR10392512.jpg
    COLOUR10392512.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 468
  • COLOUR10392511.jpg
    COLOUR10392511.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 415
  • COLOUR10392510.jpg
    COLOUR10392510.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 507
  • COLOUR10392508.jpg
    COLOUR10392508.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 432
  • COLOUR10392507.jpg
    COLOUR10392507.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 457
Does anyone know if RTL will really show the enthronement ceremonies? I can't seem to find them in the TV schedules for RTL...

More pics from Colourpress

ftikj7.jpg

ftikk6.jpg

ftiknp.jpg

ftikoy.jpg

ftikpv.jpg

ftikr6.jpg

ftikvt.jpg

tbhrc said:
More pics from Colourpress

what event is this?
where can we get the schedule/program of events in english?
thanks a lot...

ps. when will the foreign royals start arriving?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a caption from Getty, hope this helps:

Monaco, MONACO: This picture taken 16 November 2005 shows the recently rennovated audience hall at the Garnier-Opera of Monte-Carlo which will be inaugurated today by Prince Albert the II of Monaco. The hall, designed by Charles Garnier in 1879, had been closed for the rennovations, costing 26.5 million euors, for two years and will host on the 19 November the performance "Voyage a Reims" by Rossini.

what a gorgeous opera house!

Last edited by a moderator:
michelle said:
Yup ...exactly :)

Ok, thanks for answering my question!

was there a special reason for her to wear it?e.g. it is international AIDS awareness day? or was she just wearing it generally?

pollyemma said:
Ok, thanks for answering my question!

was there a special reason for her to wear it?e.g. it is international AIDS awareness day? or was she just wearing it generally?

She's wearing it very often to show her support. The International AIDS awareness day is December 1st.

Does anyone know if any of the Swedish Royal Family will attend the enthronment ceremonies?

If you looked up and read the previous posts you would know that Victoria is coming.

Are there any other royals coming to this historic event as well?

Lady Marmalade said:
Are there any other royals coming to this historic event as well?
Yes from GB, liechtenstein and luxembourgh. Official list has been posted earlier in the thread.

Interesting side mark btw: until last week the prince's press office had no idea which French channels would transmit the enthronement. The official statemet was, that only TMC would transmit the tedeum in French. It seems that they are always the last to get the news. PA seriously needs to have more competent people there and maybe give them some info occasionally, since TF1 website said, that he personally got involved in them having everything they needed for their broadcast and arranging for some interview. ;)

Last edited:
Monaco's High Officials leave the Royal Palace after pledging allegiance to the sovereign, 17 November 2005. Ceremonies marking the formal investiture of Prince Albert II of Monaco started 17 November in the royal palace, in presence of the royal family and senior ministers

From getty

Attachments

• 56192956.jpg
    56192956.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 497
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 531
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 476
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 504
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 496
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:
I'm not surprised no Spanish Royals are attending--his comments at this time of the Olympic presentations were clearly politically motivated and really really pissed off the spanish--and justifiably too. As for the other royals--well, not exactly the pick of the liter, as they say. I find it interesting.

Heads of State will also be few and far between. I read that only the President of Iceland and the Capitan regegents on San Marino will be in attendance. Is that accurate?

Since this is the "internatinal" affair, as oppossed to the "national" affair a few months back, it's not promising to be a very impressive event for a little principality famous for glamour--although I'm not sure how much longer that reputation will last.

Is he really going to a soccer game the night of his enthronement? Certainly an intersting choice.

lucys said:
Since this is the "internatinal" affair, as oppossed to the "national" affair a few months back, it's not promising to be a very impressive event for a little principality famous for glamour--although I'm not sure how much longer that reputation will last.
I think you got that wrong! The enthronement is a national "affair" and the other stuff a few months back were a international "affair." Right?

lucys said:
I'm not surprised no Spanish Royals are attending--his comments at this time of the Olympic presentations were clearly politically motivated and really really pissed off the spanish--and justifiably too. As for the other royals--well, not exactly the pick of the liter, as they say. I find it interesting.

i don't think they don't go because of the olympics problem. that would be childish...
albert just mentioned some drawbacks madrid had to be the next olympic city, because that's his job being part of the international olympic comitee and because he is interested in the games being safe and secure, among others. i'm sure that if the spanish royals don't go it's because of other engagements.

Hello special on Albert and the Enthronmenthttp://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/specials/princealbert/pagina_1_1.htmlWhy can't I get my hyperlink button to work? Does anyone else have this porblem?

I had the chance of watching just few pictures of the ceremonies on the TV news, regarding Albert's enthronement today. Did any of you notice that while Caroline made him a courtsey, Stephanie didn't?

lucys said:
Heads of State will also be few and far between. I read that only the President of Iceland and the Capitan regegents on San Marino will be in attendance. Is that accurate?

Yes that is correct, according to announcements in Monaco Matin.

Is he really going to a soccer game the night of his enthronement? Certainly an intersting choice.

The soccer game is in the afternoon ( and btw part of the French national competion, thus bound on their calendar not on the prince's. A mere coincidence that got worked into the schedule. If he is in town he always attends the home game, even if he has other things in advance. I remember that once he had to attend a concert in the cathedral which finished as the game was supposed to start, he took his propper time to bid his farewells to everyone and then attended the game which was a little delayed. So this is not unusual for him and people in MOnaco do understand as they are great supporters of their club)

In the evening he will attend, as it is custom for the National Holiday, the opera which coincides with the reopening of the renovated building ( the official look has already taken place).

acid_rain3075 said:
I think you got that wrong! The enthronement is a national "affair" and the other stuff a few months back were a international "affair." Right?
No. The Avenment was kept national and reserved for certain events only for Monegasques and a few for residents.

Saturday the palace place will be open only for Monegasques and residents (as opposed to "normal years where every one can watch the ceremonies). others are only admitted with special passes handed out by the surete. This is the official coronation with international guests. There were no international guests in July. it was a "fete en famille" with nice food and the princes special cuvee of lanson champagne. ( a lot of the empty bottles were btw "recycled" as souvenirs by the Monegasques:) )

Back
Top Bottom