12th Games of the Small States of Europe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock arrive at the Monte-Carlo Bay hotel in Monaco 5 June 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2

LadyMichelle said:
She is wearing that scarf because (I think) it was a dress code for the event. checking others photos you can note that also other persons seated next to them are wearing the same scarf.

I agree with you....concerning the relationship...
The other people wearing the scarf were officials working for Monaco to organize the games. This is part of the official outfit of those involved with the games and even there only the top organizers. Unless without my knowledge she has been involved, there was no need for her to wear it.

If I am not mistaken the pic of her with the waterbottle is taken at swimming, though it doesn't look as if she was in the princes loge or there with the prince as she would have been otherwise seated. She was probably on the NOC tribune. Anyways today she was not there with Albert for the finals in her discipline. And as to glass, there are no glasses given with the bottles depending on the venue you are being given a plastic cup, but I don't recall this being the case at swimming. Not enough space to put all the bins and too much commotion to go to those outside. She is afterall at a sportsevent and people are pretty relaxed here. The Grand duc was sitting mixed with athletes watching table tennis this morning with his wife and the princess of Liechtenstein also seemed very approachable from what I hear. The minister of Malta wore even the shirt of the helpers and could have been easily mistaken for one as he clearly preferred sitting with his wife with the normal people instead of the VIP boxes patting everyone on the back who didn't get out of his way in time :lol: . he seemed to be wanting to hug the whole world or at least all of Monaco :ROFLMAO: :angel: . The only one that should have been defrosted before sending him abroad, was the president of Iceland. As he was handing a gold medal to one of the swimmers, even one from Iceland who had just broken the games record, he did the necessary and then made his way as quick as possible back to his seat next to Albert before someone else could grab it.:D

Yes they were there watching athletics yesterday. This morning I saw them at table tennis (she was wearing some black outfit) and yesterday I saw them at above event as well as in the countryclub. The Duke in the country club looked a bit like from a differnt century. He is a very elegant man not only in looks but also in movement. And he has a friendly air about him. I don't know much about them, but they seem both quite nice.

Albert apparently fell this morning out of bed, as he surprised everyone at the digue this morning. He attended a meeting there and also had his pics taken with athletes and volunteers. He was from what I hear apparently very approachable this morning.

One thing though, he ought to give up chewing his gum with his mouth open. It's not a pretty sight.

Last edited:
LadyMichelle said:
Pic n° 4....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
This is not the way to drink of a princess!

God save us!!

:ohmy:

You want God to save you from someone drinking out of a bottle? Cripes, she isn't sitting there dismembering kittens, you know.

LadyMichelle said:
The wrong is that she is drinking without glass.
@ public event

If you do it during your training I can understand... But not @ public event. Expecially if you are the official companion of an head of state.

Does maxima, Mary, or Letizia do it? have you ever seen lady D, Queen Liz , Hilary Clinton, do it?

She is polish.

Actually on TV I have only seen Hillary Clinton drink from a water bottle. I am not a fan of Charlene in any way, but this is not a fair comment. I do not know of anyone who carrys a glass with them so that they would have to drink out of a water bottle.

u can take a country girl out of the country but not the country out of the girl

Wow! Finally, a picture of PA and CW that can be included in the folder/caption "Royal Loving Gestures" or "Royals looking lovingly at each other." CW seems more relaxed in front of the camera now.

I have to say that these white outfits are quite a leap from the Grand Prix outfits. Must be nice to have never worked a 9 to 5 job, be on eternal training for the Olympics and be subsidized by your rich boyfriend. Ah, the good life.

Are they engaged? What's the story about these two ?

crm2317 said:
Well in the photo it would seem that all the guests are drinking from the same brand of water bottle. It would seem that this is the brand sponsering the event and so they require their name to be seen. Perhaps glasses weren't supplied.:flowers:
It is dangerous to have glasses (made of glass) at the sports field. They can break, any furious audience can have a fit and throw it at the athletes, someone could even "accidentally" throw it up into the VIP box. Drinking out of bottles is necessary, also to avoid spills and mess.

Donna said:
It is dangerous to have glasses (made of glass) at the sports field. They can break, any furious audience can have a fit and throw it at the athletes, someone could even "accidentally" throw it up into the VIP box. Drinking out of bottles is necessary, also to avoid spills and mess.

Yea i was actually thinking that myself. I really don't see the problem with her drinkin water from the bottle

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/is_14334119.jpg

On the above picture Charlene is attending Games of Small State..

the captation says: MONACO: Games of small states of Europe
Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg,Grande Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg,Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock during the Games of small states of Europe in Monaco.5 June 2007.

Why she is not with them? An OFFICIAL COMPANION should be with them..
Maybe she was there like guest? Or did she take part to the games?

Her outfits looks so sporty.. Is she swimming anymore or not?

I saw them yesterday... I was with some friends... nothing to say... as usual, his belly... her smile...
Some people are doing a great job for the games... I saw some guys very buzzy...;) ;)

LadyMichelle said:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/is_14334119.jpg

On the above picture Charlene is attending Games of Small State..

the captation says: MONACO: Games of small states of Europe
Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg,Grande Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg,Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock during the Games of small states of Europe in Monaco.5 June 2007.

Why she is not with them? An OFFICIAL COMPANION should be with them..
Maybe she was there like guest? Or did she take part to the games?

Her outfits looks so sporty.. Is she swimming anymore or not?

Maybe he is phasing her out from the OC role. Maybe he will become like a sponsor rather than a boyfriend?

BurberryBrit said:
Maybe he is phasing her out from the OC role. Maybe he will become like a sponsor rather than a boyfriend?

I would think that if Albert is entertaining other royals in his box, per official protocol Charlene would have to sit elsewhere as right now she is only his "official companion" and not "fiancee" or "wife."

pinklady1991 said:
I would think that if Albert is entertaining other royals in his box, per official protocol Charlene would have to sit elsewhere as right now she is only his "official companion" and not "fiancee" or "wife."
pinklady you could be "etiquette leader":flowers:

I was wondering today about the smoke coming out of the boat and apparently the diesel is running 24/24h. Todays paper seems to have had the same thought as there is a big article about the ship poluting Monaco for a week. So much about the ungreen green games. The ship was btw an idea of our green prince. As usual nothing has been thought out to the end. The food for the volunteers is transported to my knowledge every day by truck from Nice or Antibes (don't know the exact location of the kitchen but it is not Monaco), the boat is poluting the air and instead of using electric cars within the borders of Monaco, they are using Renault. The opening ceremony had as only topic the environment (there was nothing about Monaco itself in it or any other message) and then the whole message was annuled by polluting the environment right at the end of it for special effects. This shows very clearly how serious Albert is about this. If he would really care about the environment, he would have made sure that everything was done properly to the last detail. They had 2 years of planning and look what came out of it.

pinklady1991 said:
at the opening ceremony se was seated at his side with the royals etc BEHIND her. Now which protocol would require that? I think that he completely ignores protocol as he pleases. I think she is sitting down there because he is aware that people prefer not to see her with him (or maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable there) but he wants her close by. Why she would feel uncomfortable as she seemed at the ceremony, I don't know, because from my observation you can behave pretty normal around them. None of the foreign VIPs seemed in anyway stiff ( with the exception of the president from iceland who seems naturally frozen, but due to ALberts continuous presence around him has a permanent smile on his face now, so I guess with the heat here he is starting to melt - or maybe he just feels more at home now that the weather is not at its usual best :D). It is all pretty relaxed and down to earth, which is probably due to the fact that it is sports after all that brought people here.

Among others he watched today athletics (and greeted one Monegasques girl with kisses on the cheek for her medal) and I believe swimming, as I saw his bodyguards. He is driving himself around in his Toyota and he is followed by another car (which is a regular). There again, why not get an electric minibus to put everyone in one car, why take two since they are all going the same way. Quite the contrast to the maltese delegation who regularly transforms their regular car (to the surprise of the driver, the policemen and passing cars) into a minibus that has entered the competion of how many people one can possibly fit in. One has to understand though that Maltese are a very gregorious and warm people so as you shake hands with them you are getting glued to their herd and you do not seperate the sheep from the herd. thus the herd needs to fit into one car :D. They are very contageous and from what I hear their chauffeur is getting more and more maltese everyday. It is actually quite a phenomenon that people who are closely involved with certain delegations, are getting very protective about them. Especially the chauffeurs seem to be getting into it. They are sporting flags, stickers, caps and whatever they can get ahold of to show the colours of THEIR athletes. There actually seems to be quite a competition going on among them. But they all seem to be quite happy with their jobs. The delegations are from what I hear impressed by the volunteers, though not impressed by the organization. It seems that most problems though could be finally sorted out in the first few days, so now things seem to be going fine, but it is a pitty that these things where not taken care of before.

Last edited by a moderator:
No steph No Pauline ? Well Charlene and Albert look really cute together

I haven't seen them, but I saw Elizabeth-anne and her daughter several times. They are at the country club.

Iceland has a very strong team. They have quite a good swimming team, yesterday I watch at least one of them set a new record of the games. They are also one of the larger teams and competing in almost all competitions, unlike some other countries. Monaco is doing well and with regards to popularity I would say that cyprus is the least popular delegation, although they are winning quite a few medals too. The iceland girls though are the most popular with the men ;).

pinklady1991 said:

Well yes and no on that one. Basically for "Official" state visits like PA did for China and Japan she should not be there however at events such as sporting events one may be invited to the royal box as a special guest even with visiting royals in attendence. Her previous Olympic status would have allowed her to do so and depending on how you view the word long-time girlfriend (some think a year will be sufficient) she could have joined the royal box. Kate Middleton was invited on more then one occasion as the long-time girlfriend to sit in the royal box at sporting events. It was a huge deal that she was invited to William's Sandhurst Graduation as this was unpresidented for the royal family to do.

So as I said yes and no. Had Albert wished to accord her special guest (so far he seems to keep changing his mind as she was at the opening ceremony with him) she could have sat in the royal box with other royals but not at the opening or closing ceremonies as that is "official" so PA seems to have got it backwards as far as protocol goes. At this point having had her at the opening ceremony wearing the "official" blue scarf, she should have been seated with him and his royal guests. The faux pas is Albert's.

RADKER18 said:
No steph No Pauline ? Well Charlene and Albert look really cute together

Absolutely...especially on pictures where she is taller then him and he has chubby cheeks and round belly. Adorable!:wub:

paca said:
I haven't seen them, but I saw Elizabeth-anne and her daughter several times. They are at the country club.

Iceland has a very strong team. They have quite a good swimming team, yesterday I watch at least one of them set a new record of the games. They are also one of the larger teams and competing in almost all competitions, unlike some other countries. Monaco is doing well and with regards to popularity I would say that cyprus is the least popular delegation, although they are winning quite a few medals too.
Yes indeed Paca. We hear great news from over there. National records being broken every day.

The iceland girls though are the most popular with the men ;).
Good gracius! I hope they won't be fooled by the smooth talk of Mediterranian gigolos. Whisper in their ear from me to watch their moves.

Last edited:
Please remember that everyone is entitled to their OWN opinion.

Just as some members are entitled to the opinion that Albert and Charlene do not make a good couple (from what they know) so are other members entitled to believe that they do make a good couple (from what they know).

It is not necessary to belittle or make causatic remarks to either side. Any posts that do so...will be removed without warning.

paca said:
I was wondering today about the smoke coming out of the boat and apparently the diesel is running 24/24h. Todays paper seems to have had the same thought as there is a big article about the ship poluting Monaco for a week. So much about the ungreen green games. The ship was btw an idea of our green prince. As usual nothing has been thought out to the end. The food for the volunteers is transported to my knowledge every day by truck from Nice or Antibes (don't know the exact location of the kitchen but it is not Monaco), the boat is poluting the air and instead of using electric cars within the borders of Monaco, they are using Renault. The opening ceremony had as only topic the environment (there was nothing about Monaco itself in it or any other message) and then the whole message was annuled by polluting the environment right at the end of it for special effects. This shows very clearly how serious Albert is about this. If he would really care about the environment, he would have made sure that everything was done properly to the last detail. They had 2 years of planning and look what came out of it.

IMO The reason PA had picked environment for his cause has nothing to do with environment. It is very popular cause at the moment and all kind of celebrities are jumping into a wagon. It is very "cool" and "in" thing to do. Also environment is not a political issue so no matter what you do or say you are always "politicly correct", which is of course very important to PA.;) ;)

But the most attractive reason to joining the evaronmental causes is that you don't have to deal wit all those skinny, dirty and sick people. Instead you are surrounded by athletic, open minded, hippy girls who wants to save the Earth with you.
Of course to save the Earth one must travel alot. You got to see everything the first hand...climb the mountain to see if air is still fresh, check the ice on the North and the South pole, sail the ocean to check if it is blue or green, go on safari to count the animals.....
It is tough job and someone has to do it. PA has volunteered to do it and that is his biggest achievement by now. I am looking forward to many, many more achievements like that especially that he has Charlene on board....and we all know her strengths. JMO

I agree with Lakshmi , Paca and others. I could not understand why a Prince's girlfried who he has not formally announced his engagement to, can sit with him at official events. This guy is clearly allowed to do as he pleases and no one seem able to curb him.

I think he wants to pull the Charles and Camilla act on us. I sure would hate to see them get married. He needs to formalize his relationship with this young lady or leave her alone.

After I looked at the picture of them walking together I also got the sinking feeling of Charles and Diana. She is taller than Albert like Diana was with Charles. I can foresee a disaster waiting to happen. She will be worst than Diana because she is a woman of the world, who has learnt a few tricks. Other than certain sports, the love of freedom/irresponsibility, and the need for physical fulfillment I doubt that Albert and Charlene has anything in common. This is also another Charles and Diana moment. I hope he changes his ways and finds himself a wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bahamagirl said:
I think he wants to pull the Charles and Camilla act on us. I sure would hate to see them get married. He needs to formalize his relationship with this young lady or leave her alone..

You mean a C list wedding with actors vice an A list wedding with the top ranking representatives from the royal houses of the world?

Let's move on from Albert & Charlene. This thread is not about them. If you wish to discuss Charlene you can go here, here or here. For Albert you can go here & here for pictures.

Thanks

Donna, iceland deserves the fairness price today. In the judo team finals they were not using an obvious advantage in their favour and thus win a medal. They lost the medal but they gained respect from a lot of people and of course those who won the medal immediately recognized and thanked the officials for their fairness. So not only are you winning lots of medals but you also keep up the fairplay spirit. Well done.

As to our love birds, well I know where they slept last night: on the ship. They left according to reports around 9.00h. As someone said, he was saying hello to everyone and smiling whereas "elle a fait la gueule comme l'habitude". They had lunch in the volunteers canteen, where she tried to pull the Diaa trick (doesn't work for her as she is too old for that) and sorry but her table manners leave much to be desired. But Albert joined her in the matter. I hope that he has some sunday manners and these were only his Charlene manners, but dear oh dear I would have thought that a son of Grace would at least recognize that a woman whose dinner falls almost out of her face is not quite suitable for the job.

Elizabeth anne and Melanie did attend the medal ceremony and it looks like they too seem to be a hair problem, so I guess that if Albert and Charlene would ever mate that poor child will be doubly exposed to bad hair genes. ;)

I am a bit tired today so maybe I'll be back later to post more, if not I'll post sth tomorrow or on sunday.

:lol: Elle fait le gueule comme d'habitude !!!! I love those french words..."She's in bad mood as usual" crude words... Ok elle fait la gueule so why???
She's not a princess yet... Albert is snoring... She wanted to sleep at home and not on the boat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom