Princess Mabel's Past

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Here a thread to discuss things related to Princess Mabel´s past that caused so much discussion in The Netherlands.

According to royalblog, the Dutch Nieuwsmonitor will present their research after the role of the media in Mabelgate, on December 18th. Minister Donner (Justice) called it a ´lynch partij´, and the NNM will focus on how the media played the role of ´prosecutor´ etc.

Why was there an investigation? The Dutch people think Mabel was wronged??

what did she do in her past?

Here you can find some information on the situation that surrounded Princess Mabel before her wedding. Basically, she and Constantijn were not completely open and honest about some of her less than savory past relationships.

It probably would have gone alot easier if they had just said, "yes. she had a relationship and it was a mistake" and been done with it. The Dutch are very understanding people, as long as you are honest with them.

Here you can find some information on the situation that surrounded Princess Mabel before her wedding. Basically, she and Constantijn were not completely open and honest about some of her less than savory past relationships.

It probably would have gone alot easier if they had just said, "yes. she had a relationship and it was a mistake" and been done with it. The Dutch are very understanding people, as long as you are honest with them.

I think you mean Johan Friso

Sometimes the past comeback for many people.

I'm sure her mother-in-law knew about her past before she married and had the interview with the Government. There's been a lot of speculation that has been presented as fact, and I'm not sure everything is accurate. I really like Mabel. She's quite out of the ordinary. I think that as she matures she will be able to make significant contributions to a great many communities.

Mabel has done a lot of wonderful things, too, besides just her...slightly colorful past relations. She works with several charities, and has become known as a leader, apart from her status as the daughter-in-law of the Queen.

I wonder, if Mabel was anyone else, would her past still be discussed? Many people have skeletons in their closets.

Then again, Mabel has bows..........

Mabel has done a lot of wonderful things, too, besides just her...slightly colorful past relations. She works with several charities, and has become known as a leader, apart from her status as the daughter-in-law of the Queen.

I wonder, if Mabel was anyone else, would her past still be discussed? Many people have skeletons in their closets.

Then again, Mabel has bows..........

This is so funny. They were Dutch bows, though.:lol:

I found this on youtube, the interview of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries with Charlie da Silva, bodyguard of mobster Klaas Bruinsma:

Mabel, ken je me nog (Mabel do you remember me?) was the promo of the programme....

YouTube - Charlie Da Silva - Mabel ken je me nog?

'Criminals don't always lie and princesses don't always tell the truth'.

and here 10 minutes of the interview, 'Mabel was the woman of the tall one' (= Klaas Bruinsma)...

YouTube - Legendarische aflevering van Peter R de Vries met Charlie da Silva

'I had two guns with me, what did she think that I was of the water police? That is not possible!'

Last edited:
Charly the run-away criminal,not to shy to kill.Sad,that the word of a criminal seems worth more then ones virtues.Mabel is OK,she really is.

Last edited:
Well, 8 years after the whole connection was 'revealed' by Peter R. de Vries on national television, the biggest gossip magazine of the country now has a new headline/cover:

http://images2.sellvia.nl/detail/w250/6325/16/Covers/Prive24.jpg

Saying that the whole sexual relationship was a made up (already revealed in 2003 by Klaas Bruinsma's real bodyguard - Geurt Roos).

Well, 8 years after the whole connection was 'revealed' by Peter R. de Vries on national television, the biggest gossip magazine of the country now has a new headline/cover:

http://images2.sellvia.nl/detail/w250/6325/16/Covers/Prive24.jpg

Saying that the whole sexual relationship was a made up (already revealed in 2003 by Klaas Bruinsma's real bodyguard - Geurt Roos).

What a surprise......:whistling:...Not!

The unfounded but intentional harm done to Princess Mabel by a run-away crook that people these days believe before anyone else because it's a juicy story.And by R.de Vries,the nagging j**k of dutch tv...I hope they get what they deserve....I will look and laugh,regardless...

She's not,not now not ever,to blame for mistakes in choosing a man,many make that mistake and find they got the wrong guy.So What!?Exactly,and then you have those who don't even get that far due to their hang-ups...tough luck.Whatever happened,it's not of our nosy business.At all.It was just cheap tv by an even cheaper pain in the behind called de Vries,a creature even I do not find the right words for to discribe,and that's rare..but heck,you can imagine what direct and as always very true syllables would fly over this forum if I would let go....Each a Bullseye.!

Last edited:
So Mabel's relationship with Klaas Bruinsma was that of an acquaintance or friend, but it wasn't sexual and the intimate relationship was false? I'm sorry for being ignorant, I'm trying to get this all straight.

So Mabel's relationship with Klaas Bruinsma was that of an acquaintance or friend, but it wasn't sexual and the intimate relationship was false? I'm sorry for being ignorant, I'm trying to get this all straight.

It was a hoax.You don't have to get this str8,it is of nobodies business.Period.
No Katrianna,it's no-ones business to go into details of a sexual nature,
but darn,I hope they had a good time,and as long they didn't scream the roof from my place,no-one cares.!

Last edited:
Well, Lucien, I merely was wanting to know and you didn't have to get snippy with me. Thank you..........I guess.

Mr PG Kroeger chronicles the history of his christian democrat party. He recently published his second book about the last 20 years; within this book a short story about princess Mabel is included (as it relates to the then prime minister Balkenende being wished a lot of luck in finding a solution for 'the problem Mabel' when Friso and Mabel had announced their engagement; at that time the current prime minister Mark Rutte was the secretary of social affairs).

Apparently, in the years that the current prime minister was the chair of the JOVD - the youth organisation of the liberal party VVD- Mabel one day showed up at their congress - in a luxuruous car of famous criminal Klaas Bruinsma that she had or had not a relationship with (which resulted in Friso giving up his place in line to the throne) - demanding to be taken to Mark Rutte's hotel room, while being 'stoned as a shrimp' (that's the expression in Dutch, not sure whether it's the same in English) and completely unmanageable - but his fellow JOVD-board members (many of them still pretty influential in politics or business) prevented this from happening. Apparently, she had been stalking Mark Rutte for quite some time at that point.

See tweet by Raoul du Pré who brought this short anecdote to the attention of the Dutch media.

Last edited:
It was a hoax.You don't have to get this str8,it is of nobodies business.Period.
No Katrianna,it's no-ones business to go into details of a sexual nature,
but darn,I hope they had a good time,and as long they didn't scream the roof from my place,no-one cares.!

If your comments refer to the victims of the killings committed by Mr. Bruinsma, then I cannot agree. And thank you to Katrianna for attempting to get the facts straight.

Mabel was stalking Mark Rutte and demanded to be taken to his hotel room? All of this sounds pretty bad, to be honest. :ermm:

The story with that Mafia guy is old news. Somebody must be writing a book und it is DOA before it even hits the shelves. So a juicy story about a member of the RF will always sell no matter how old the story is or if it even is true. Chasing the now PM Mark Rutte give me a break. Putting negative light on someone always sells. The trues may be boring, so add some spice to make it sound good.

If these salacious allegations are untrue then why isn’t there a court injunction regarding publication or a libel case?

The story with that Mafia guy is old news. Somebody must be writing a book und it is DOA before it even hits the shelves. So a juicy story about a member of the RF will always sell no matter how old the story is or if it even is true. Chasing the now PM Mark Rutte give me a break. Putting negative light on someone always sells. The trues may be boring, so add some spice to make it sound good.

It wasn't the writer who publicized it nor his publisher. The writer doesn't even mention the PM's name but just references his role at that time 'secretary of social affairs who was previously JOVD chair'. Moreover, the book has been available for sale since December 8; and it is only because one of the readers put this specific part (which is only a short paragraph as you can see in the link I shared earlier) on Twitter that it was picked up. I don't think he will sell even one additional book. So, your accusation that it was done to 'sell more books' doesn't correspond with the facts.

And I'm afraid that this behavior of Mabel spending lots of time with 'important men' does correspond with other stories we've heard about her in her 20s. She was clearly focused on 'getting higher up' and didn't shy away from dubious contacts. This specific link to Mark Rutte hasn't been made but suggestions of them starting a relationship aren't new. So, while this might be a dramatized version of what happened, I don't think it is a complete fantasy. After all, if you are willing to hang out with one of the most famous and influential criminals (and that's even without touching upon her supposed affair or at least close relationship with the married Bosnian UN ambassador Sacirbey, accused of embezzling $ 600,000 into the account of the Bosnian Mission to the UN during the 2000), what aren't you willing to do...

I personally think the completely illogical change of surname from her father's surname (who died when she was 9 years old) to her step-father's surname (whom her mother only ad been married to for relatively short time) had something to do with the perceived status of 'Wisse Smit' compared to 'Los'. I don't think she or her in-laws would appreciate it if her daughters did the same if she was ever to marry someone else.

N.B. I do think she is very talented and has done great work with the Elders and especially the Girls not Brides campaign but that doesn't mean that she also was clearly ambitious and looking out for herself in her attempts to climb up on the social ladder (which she successfully did) and seemingly willing to do so without certain boundaries of what many would consider acceptable behavior.

Last edited:
Just read the article posted by "Somebody". It was an eyeopener for me. I am old enough to remember some of these people, would not like any of them as my friends, or be seen with them. Yes Mable is very smart and talented, some of these men are powerful and certainly to stay away from. She Mable has done lots of good things with children, not brides the elders and other charities, she supports. But any of these man are some I would not want to be seen with. Did not know about this article. Thank you for posting it.

This has been an interesting read - I was completely unaware that Mabel's history was anything like this!

I thought it was pretty well known that she had a controversial past which was why John Friso had to step out of the succession when he married her

I thought it was pretty well known that she had a controversial past which was why John Friso had to step out of the succession when he married her

Remember that many of us here at TRF have found out about the European royals via the forums. We're not expected to have old knowledge immediately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom