Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm NOT suggesting they have to share their decisions before hand with the public. It's a private matter entirely. I am suggesting that as a pragmatic matter, if you look at the DRF calendars, there will be a lot of calendar clearing and the public will therefore be aware. It's like a celebrity not announcing they are pregnant, but walking around clearly pregnant.

Just my 2 cents, but why don't they set him free? It has to be agony for the family, knowing it's far too late for a miracle. He's been effectively gone since his accident. :sad:

Just my 2 cents, but why don't they set him free? It has to be agony for the family, knowing it's far too late for a miracle. He's been effectively gone since his accident. :sad:

I don't know, either. He is, as you said effectively gone. What the thought process is for this I don't know, but some how they cope and if there are differences of opinion, we don't know. Mabel, Beatrix and Friso suffer the most and, of course, the children.

:previous:
Because it's very, very hard to let go of someone you love.
No matter what the doctors say, deep inside Mabel, Queen Beatrix and other members of Friso's family probably still hope and pray for a miracle.
At the very least, they need to be psychologically ready because no matter what decision they make, they'll be guilt-ridden for the rest of their lives.

:previous:

It's difficult to judge the situation and we have no way of knowing what the doctors may have advised Mabel and the DRF to do with regard to Friso's situation and the possibility of letting him go. When Friso was transferred to the hospital in London, my thoughts at the time were that they (the doctors in consultaion with Mabel and the DRF) would monitor the situation for six months and after that time review it.

I know that it seems unlikely Friso will ever recover, however I think waiting for a set period of time (for instance six months) to see if there is any change one way or the other is appropriate both in a clinical sense and in the sense of dealing with the situation on a personal level. Having to make a decision like that is awful and it almost becomes a situation where you wait and wait, living under the constant feeling of hoping for the best and dreadful hopelessness, until finally one day you feel ready and able to accept the inevitable.

Euthanasia is not permitted in the U.K., I don't know what the legal situation is there regarding shutting down breathing apparatus and withholding nutrition to a person in a coma. It can be that the family have to move prince Friso to the Netherlands before he can be taken off life support.

In the UK "brain death" is defined more specifically as brain stem death, wiki info has this description;

In the United Kingdom, the formal diagnosis of brain stem death by the procedure laid down in the official Code of Practice permits the diagnosis and certification of death on the premise that a person is dead when consciousness and the ability to breathe are permanently lost, regardless of continuing life in the body and parts of the brain, and that death of the brain stem alone is sufficient to produce this state.

- This has to be confirmed two doctors, of specified status and experience, are required to act together to diagnose death on these criteria and the tests must be repeated after “a short period of time ... to allow return of the patient’s arterial blood gases and baseline parameters to the pre-test state”.

Without delving to deep into the law, if brain stem death is confirmed life support could be turned off. If it's not confirmed Friso would need to leave the country.

I would then think he quaifies, as he is in a continual coma and needs life support to breath. Those are the parameters, or am I wrong?

I would then think he quaifies, as he is in a continual coma and needs life support to breath. Those are the parameters, or am I wrong?
As far as I know it's never been confirmed whether Friso is able to breath or if he's on mechanical ventilation. There is a difference being in a persistent vegetative state, in a chronic coma or brain(-stem) dead. The higher (cognitive) functions of the brain are most likely gone, but that doesn't mean that the functions of the brain stem, that regulates breathing, are totally lost.

As far as I know it's never been confirmed whether Friso is able to breath or if he's on mechanical ventilation. There is a difference being in a persistent vegetative state, in a chronic coma or brain(-stem) dead. The higher (cognitive) functions of the brain are most likely gone, but that doesn't mean that the functions of the brain stem, that regulates breathing, are totally lost.[/QUOTE

My only knowledge about this fact, is that Lucien on this site has said he is on mechanical ventilation. Lucien seems to have an inside track on this. Other than that, I must admit I, really, don't know this for a fact.

I asked about that a little while back, and Lucien said that Prince Friso is completely dependent on the ventilator to breathe for him.

I asked about that a little while back, and Lucien said that Prince Friso is completely dependent on the ventilator to breathe for him.

Yes, I remember that. And, I do, believe Lucien. He is not one to talk with speculation. He has knowledge.

As I mentioned, my heart breaks for the family. In my wildest imagination I cannot imagine what they're going through. But, if there is no hope, and he's being kept alive by a respirator and a probable feeding tube, wouldn't it be some kind of closure to see him finally at rest? This is just my thought with all respect and sadness. :sad:

do you really think that if he had "knowledge" he would be allowed to post on this forum:lol:
the tap to "knowledge" would be closed faster than lightning.

Yes, I remember that. And, I do, believe Lucien. He is not one to talk with speculation. He has knowledge.

do you really think that if he had "knowledge" he would be allowed to post on this forum:lol:
the tap to "knowledge" would be closed faster than lightning.

Yes, I do not want to discredit Luciën at all, but I do not know why everyone assumes that what he says in this case is the truth.
It is a big difference wether Prince Friso is breathing on his own or if is he is connected to a respirator. Luciën is very clear about it and says that Friso needs life support, but I would like to know how he gets this knowledge...
Ever since he has claimed this, a lot of members are talking about removing Friso from life support. Given the fact that Friso is still alive, it could also be that he is breathing on his own and that could be the explanation why he is still alive.
It is always dangerous to go by assumptions. As long as it is not clear to me how Luciën knows all this, I hold every option open.:flowers:

I agree, but Lucien is a very honorable person and his posts are never just speculation, as I have said. I, too, have wondered why they are doing this after all these months if he is on a respirator. Perhaps, they have a time line. I have no idea, personally, behind any of this.

perhaps the media has written about it, i do not follow the royals so closely.
I think it is impossible for him to know something that has not been in the media and post it on this forum. But say he did know more than in the media, it would not be honorable to post it on this forum. And to remain silent when people suggest he has knowledge is not honorabe either.
But perhaps he has denied it, I do not read all postings

I really think it would be best if this thread is closed until we hear official news about Friso's condition. So far we are only speculating since the press conference in February and all we know about him is that there is no change at all. The whole thread has already more than 80 pages full of rumours and speculations and I understand the huge interest in Friso's condition but I really think we should leave the family alone and accept their decisions on his behalf.

I really think it would be best if this thread is closed until we hear official news about Friso's condition. So far we are only speculating since the press conference in February and all we know about him is that there is no change at all. The whole thread has already more than 80 pages full of rumours and speculations and I understand the huge interest in Friso's condition but I really think we should leave the family alone and accept their decisions on his behalf.

I whole-heartedly agree.

These kinds of tragedies are part of life and just as we speculate about future husbands/wifes, sex of children and possible abdications and so on we should not be told to close a thread because it is not in someones liking. We all have the choice to not participate or read a thread that is not to our liking but to dictate other interested posters access to threads is not reasonable.

We have no in-depth information about Prince Friso but we can still check in here as frequently as we like just in case something new is available.

The moderators have discussed closing this thread in the past, but decided against closing it simply because the conversation regarding Prince Friso's health would then only move to either a) his current events thread, or b) a new thread. Closing this thread will not stop the discussion. It would only result in the discussion moving elsewhere, therefore the moderators wish that it remain in one thread.

Further questions regarding this should be addressed to the moderators via PM, not in-thread.

Thank you Moderators!
One should also see it like this: this thread and so many posts of members show that a lot of people are affected by this tragedy and have sympathy for his wife, daughters and the rest of the Dutch Royal Family.

Hallo ...

.. and am sending lots of well meaning wishing Greetings from Germany to the Netherland Family or are they from sweeden .. and to the Prince Johan Friso!! :germanyflag:

Please do forward this following message to the Family of Prince Friso, that I have seen the late News coverage message about a month ago on TV and with the mentioned code that I´ve asked for back than for them to tell me, should Friso need more healing Energys.

I did send him already some of the healing energys like in the beginning but I wanted to let them also know that it may take much more longer for him to recover fully as it would normaly take for women to recovering when sending Healings to them.

This has nothing to do with him but it is so unfortunatelly. This is due to the fact that men have lots more muscle tissue then women therefore the repairing time for thr body mind and spirit takes with men much too long then with women.

They should emploe themselves some healers to work on Friso´s healing on a daily/night basis because I´ve become too weak to continue on the healing sessiones.

truly your highnes

A senator said on Dutch radio that if Friso would have been hospitalised in the Netherlands, his treatment would have been stopped.
Google Vertalen

I, believe, you are correct. The Dutch seem to have a handle on this and know when to remove the support. "Treratment", is a lose word here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom