Prince Friso (1968-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
In this thread people can post information, questions and links to photos and articles about prince Friso of The Netherlands.

The Royal Institute of Engeneers have asked the royal house for permission to name an award after the late prince. The prince was an engeneer and was active in getting youngsters interested in beta studies.

The award will be handed out in March. The award will be called 'the engeneer of the year' . The Royal Institute for Engeneers was founded by King Willem II and his successors were patron of the institute. At present Princess Beatrix is the patron.

Prins Friso leeft voort in prijs | Binnenland | Telegraaf.nl

Very nice and fitting. Lovely.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of HRH Prince Friso.

He was always one of my favorites. Still shocks me to remember

Two a** H**'s have been arrested for throwing beer cans at Prince Friso's grave...Speechless...speechless as to what people do to behave as totally discusting useless misfits...and I am being very polite...

What on earth is this!More on their arrest and the specifics will be announced later,later as in two weeks.This apparently already happened last June,five youngsters from Almere were involved but only two of them were arrested....only....

What...I have no words for this,not the right anyway without being banned for abusive language,but one can easily catch my drift...

Really,what crapule is out there!!Shocked really!

Last edited:
Two a** H**'s have been arrested for throwing beer cans at Prince Friso's grave...Speechless...speechless as to what people do to behave as totally discusting useless misfits...and I am being very polite...

What on earth is this!More on their arrest and the specifics will be announced later,later as in two weeks.This apparently already happened last June,five youngsters from Almere were involved but only two of them were arrested....only....

What...I have no words for this,not the right anyway without being banned for abusive language,but one can easily catch my drift...

Right there with you Lucien, total lack of respect, this next generation is scary at times to say the least!!! :bang::bang:

This is interesting. When dutch football hooligans visited rome last year and devastated central rome and the famous la barcaccia fountain in piazza di Spagna by throwing beer cans and fires the could leave our country untouched and no dutch reimbursement to the devastation has come yet. Now we see what happens in the Netherlands if you throw beer cans in the wrong places. I'm glad they jailed them.

This is interesting. When dutch football hooligans visited rome last year and devastated central rome and the famous la barcaccia fountain in piazza di Spagna by throwing beer cans and fires the could leave our country untouched and no dutch reimbursement to the devastation has come yet. Now we see what happens in the Netherlands if you throw beer cans in the wrong places. I'm glad they jailed them.

Yes I agree that the footballers should have been held accountable for devastation and made to pay out of their own pockets. The Dutch government and Royal Family should have publically degraded, but they didn't. All countries now seem to look the other way when their favorite sports personal do something wrong. They probably got just a private slap on the wrist for their nasty actions. But, having said that, this is degrading a grave. In my mind that is worse. Only a mutation who actually belong in a mental institution would act this way. I feel the same way when slobs desecrate a memorial. To me the very lax laws which most government love now are responsible. If we, the working silent majority don't put an end to this type of action soon and elect people with b--ls, the world will just get worse.

It seems a group of drunken dudes were behaving improperly on the tiny little village cemetery around the village church next to Drakensteyn Estate. The grave of the Prince was not damaged, it is also not for sure if the guys aimed for the Prince or were just in "bored adolescent mode".

They were not wise to do it there because the cemetery (picture) borders Drakensteyn estate which is guarded by the Royal Marechaussee (a military police/constabulary force). The officers there saw the disruption and immediately caught the men. In the media it is stated that the men were totally upset when they realized what they have done.

They have not broken laws on itself, just behaved improperly and it is depending on actions from -for an example- Princess Beatrix if prosecution is requested.

Yes I agree that the footballers should have been held accountable for devastation and made to pay out of their own pockets. The Dutch government and Royal Family should have publically degraded, but they didn't. All countries now seem to look the other way when their favorite sports personal do something wrong. They probably got just a private slap on the wrist for their nasty actions. But, having said that, this is degrading a grave. In my mind that is worse. Only a mutation who actually belong in a mental institution would act this way. I feel the same way when slobs desecrate a memorial. To me the very lax laws which most government love now are responsible. If we, the working silent majority don't put an end to this type of action soon and elect people with b--ls, the world will just get worse.

Thanks Winnie for your acknowledgment. Actually for us in Italy our works of art are very precious. I would not enter into comparisons on whether being irrespectful of someone's tomb (prince or not) is worse. Both cases can cause shock and make hearts bleeding. I suppose that Dutch people would feel very outraged if someone they welcome in their country caused permanent damage to a Vermeer's painting.
There is a chance that when you nurture barbarians and leave them untouched when devastating overseas places, sooner or later they do this at your home.
Please have a look at how the baroque Barcaccia by Bernini, a symbol of Rome, has been permanently damaged: Rome fountain damaged by drunken Dutch football fans - officials | Reuters
I have no longer bought any Dutch product since this happened (Heineken beer and lots of other stuff).
I cancelled my plans to visit the Netherlands as a tourist.
I am pleased to see that in the Netherlands there is no tolerance for such behaviours and hope that those damaging the cemetery will be adequately punished.

Heu... as if the supporters of SS Lazio Roma, the irriudicibili, are not known as the most violent bunch of hooligans... To take it into perspective: the day after the disruptions caused by the supporters of Feyenoord Rotterdam, the whole media in the Netherlands felt over that club, condemning their behaviour and the Netherlands Embassy contacted the City of Rome to offer excuses for the behaviour of the Rotterdam fans and to see if the Netherlands could offer help. In the end it was all blown up, no serious damage was done. It was a matter of cleaning.

No duc et pair, the damage done to the fountain was permanent, please get properly informed before making overconfident statements on issues that you clearly are not aware of. I have seen this behaviour from you a number of times already in different discussion topics which is misleading for readers and contrary to rules of this forum. Come back to me if you feel unable to find information by reliable sources and i'll see how i can help.
I now remain interested in learning developments on the sad facts concerning the tomb of prince friso.

Its hard to comprehend why people do things like this especially in a sacred area like a church or adjoining cemetery ,really it all boils down to lack of respect and human decency .

The newsstory from last friday concerning the desecration or wantonness (the final word is not said yet) from the grave:
Mannen uit Almere ontboden voor schennis graf prins Friso | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl
translated

Apparently the cemetary has problems with visitors bad behaviour more often (see article); it also has problems with the business of it, many funerals take place and the parking space apparently (i've never been there myself) is limited, which causes problems for mourners as well..

Hopefully the council will find a solution for the problems soon..

Apparently they threw beer bottles on the grave yard. It is unclear if the grave of the prince was the 'target' and if it has been damaged. What fools.

Both men apologized for their actions to P.Mabel and the royal family; the prosecutor has decided not to continue prosecution
Excuses voor bier op graf prins Friso | NOS
translated

Another article about this, the men (and 3 friends) had been pouring beer, no graves were damaged or desecrated, but the men were questioned about why they did that on a cemetary. Already during the interrogations the men expressed their regrets about their actions
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1012/Nederland/article/detail/4137231/2015/09/07/Excuus-van-jongens-die-bier-over-graf-prins-Friso-goten.dhtml
translated

Last edited:
How incredibly disgraceful and disrespectful.

I will never understand how people can be some disrespectful at a cemetery. e even those who don't believe that cemeteries are a scared place.

The fantastic band U2 gave their last in a series of four concerts last night at Amsterdams Ziggo Dome,and Bono dedicated a special song to the memory of HRH Prince Friso,a very moving gesture indeed.Bono is befriended with Princess Mabel from before their time and work/efforts for the Elders.

TM King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.both big U2 fans, attended last nights concert when they were surprised by Bono with this song: "Every breaking wave" .

My hubby and I attended on saturday and saw an unforgettable great show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnC-zouh2Sk

Haven't seen them live since the nineties, but they are outstanding performers. Glad that you had the opportunity to go to the concert Lucien.

In what year did Prince Johan-Friso decide that he did not want to be addressed as Johan-Friso and declared that he would be known as Friso?

Today,August 12th,is the third anniversary of the death of Prince Friso.

Bless him.

Where has the time gone? Three years already!!!! That was such a sad time for the Dutch RF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom