Prince Friso (1968-2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well spotted. The royal central article is "along the same lines" indeed .... the exact same lines as this royalty-online of Marc van der Linden: In Lech zit schok over dood Friso 'nog diep'.

Let's hope the author wrote the Dutch article too, because otherwise it would be stealing.

Last edited:
Well spotted. The royal central article is "along the same lines" indeed .... the exact same lines as this royalty-online of Marc van der Linden: In Lech zit schok over dood Friso 'nog diep'.

Let's hope the author wrote the Dutch article too, because otherwise it would be stealing.

Thank you for this article as I am indeed wondering whether/if the Dutch Royal Family is heading out to Lech...does anyone know?:whistling:

Very moving.The Dutch RF is part of the Lech community
since decades,and they never forget their own.

Its very poignant to see that the parish church never forgets the terrible tragedy that befolded the Dutch Royal Family in 2013 and that the Prince is remembered every year at Mass.

Does she yearly memorial service take place when the Dutch royals visit or not necessarily?

U2 singer and frontman Bono dedicated the song “One Tree Hill” to Prince Friso during their concert in the Amsterdam Arena

U2 singer Bono dedicates song to Prince Friso during concert – Royal Central

bono was close to friso and mabel. in fact, he attended the memorial service for friso with his wife.

he said "Mabel is an activist like me, I’ve known her for years. We are close friends. I had gotten to know Friso a bit; he was a nice guy.”

Bono was one of the 900 guests at the private memorial service held for Friso in the Oude Kerk in Delft in 2013. It wasn’t the first time he dedicated a song to Friso. In 2015, when the band performed in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam he dedicated the song Every Breaking Wave to him. Reportedly, King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima were present.

Bono and Princess Mabel know each other from work with different charities.

Last edited:
Today in Royal History is the 6th Death Anniversary of Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau!

Last edited:
Apparently one of the skis that prince Frisp used on the day of his accident was found abput 2 years ago. The ski/snow manager of Lech shared that he is planning to contact the family when they are coming to Lech this month for their skiing holiday to hand it over to them. If they are not interested, hevplans to destroy it. See article (in Dutch) at NOS: https://nos.nl/l/2416947

I personally don't understand why after 2 years this is shared with the media instead of contacting the family shortly after it was found. I assume the family's friend and skiing instructor that they did ask whether this could be Friso's ski will have ways to discuss it with them and otherwisem it shouldn't be too hard either to find a means of communication.

Last edited:
What a weird story. "Ow okay, is that a Stöckli black-and-silver ski? Yes, that possibly will be Friso's... Eh... Well... Thanks for this ski."

I came across this article (in Dutch) about prince Friso who supposedly had a severe allergic reaction (to peanuts) at his brother Constantijn's graduation party, resulting in him being taken to emergency care at the nearby hospital.

Does this story ring a bell? It's new to me, so not sure how accurate it is...

Another article in the same TU Delft magazine cites prince Friso's own thesis supervisor. He states the it was well-known that the prince always had high marks (never had to do a resit) and he only just missed out on the requirements to graduate 'cum laude' (while doing two degrees at the same time).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom