Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This was a memorial service, not a funeral. Memories of Friso can be happy ones. Maxima had a little smile, so what? From the photos it looks to me that Maxima was watching Friso's daughters and smiled a little. Princess Beatrix smiled when she left the service.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

This was a memorial service, not a funeral. Memories of Friso can be happy ones. Maxima had a little smile, so what? From the photos it looks to me that Maxima was watching Friso's daughters and smiled a little. Princess Beatrix smiled when she left the service.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Absolutely true. The church in Delft held happy memories for the family as well. After all it is where Mabel and Friso married.

Absolutely true. The church in Delft held happy memories for the family as well. After all it is where Mabel and Friso married.

True,and despite the grief and sad emotions the road to recovery from this ordeal for Friso's loved ones is a long one still but they've headed toward that direction.They have been mourning for a year and halve already before he died.Enough is enough,it is as it is and all go and should embrace life again.And they do even while fighting tears,like both his brothers did,or smiling and paying some attention to the children as a good aunt should.It is all part of it,all part of this very warm,comfy & closeknitted family.They've been the role model by far in how to deal with this and cope with a drama like this.In that they've been an inspiration as well as a comfort to many more ouitside the family.Examplary.

And TLLK,the Oude Kerk is also opposite the house on the canal where Prince Friso lived while a student in Delft.The Oude Kerk is right in front of the livingroom window.A familiar spot for decades for him.

True,and despite the grief and sad emotions the road to recovery from this ordeal for Friso's loved ones is a long one still but they've headed toward that direction.They have been mourning for a year and halve already before he died.Enough is enough,it is as it is and all go and should embrace life again.And they do even while fighting tears,like both his brothers did,or smiling and paying some attention to the children as a good aunt should.It is all part of it,all part of this very warm,comfy & closeknitted family.They've been the role model by far in how to deal with this and cope with a drama like this.In that they've been an inspiration as well as a comfort to many more ouitside the family.Examplary.

And TLLK,the Oude Kerk is also opposite the house on the canal where Prince Friso lived while a student in Delft.The Oude Kerk is right in front of the livingroom window.A familiar spot for decades for him.
Thank you Lucien. I had not known that this place had been a part of his life during his university years.

I wonder if the family is going to place a grave marker or are they going to keep the spot private?

This spot looks desolate.... I think they should do something else.

I assume that in due time they will plant some bushes perhaps, and maybe add a stone. I don't tghink they will keep it like this. The fence that you can see in the pictures is the fence of Castle Drakensteyn, where Princess Beatrix now lives again.

Images from Prince Friso funeral.

Last edited:
Prince Friso passed away 10 years ago today. Eternal memory.

What a tragedy it was, I remember the announcement so well.

think it's a language specific difference
"Grave and tomb are synonymous in the English Language in that each refers to a place where we put the dead. However, whereas a grave is inside the ground, a tomb, which is a vault, is placed on top of the ground."
(oxford dictionary)

in dutch i would not use 'tomb' for a 'grave', but maybe in other languages it's synonymous..

Back
Top Bottom