Death and Funeral of Prince Friso: August 12 and 16, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Florian Moosburger also attended. Other guests: count Marcus and countess Annabella Oeynhausen, Prince Hassan, Princess Sarvath and Princess Badiyah of Jordan (+husband Khaled Blair), Gro Harlem Brundtland (former PM of Norway), prince Salman bin Hamad al Khalifa of Bahrein, Viktor & Rolf.

From the Dutch RF absent were: Nicolas Guillermo, the Duchess of Parma, Prince Bernhard & Princess Annette.

Among the speakers: Desmond Tutu, Princess Mabel, Prof. Viktor Halberstadt, Huub Oosterhuis, HM the King, Prince Constantijn and a collegue of Telenet.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what has happened with Zaria's arm?

The NOS reporter said that she fell & broke it two weeks ago.

Has the full guest list been revealed? Which members of foreign Houses attended the ceremony?

Last edited:
Has the full guest list been revealed? Which members of foreign House attended the ceremony?

No others then that Marengo already mentioned in his post above.
Friso was a private person,not a Royal merry go round,and that reflected
as to the guests that were invited.:)

Florian Moosburger also attended. Other guests: count Marcus and countess Annabella Oeynhausen, Prince Hassan, Princess Sarvath and Princess Badiyah of Jordan (+husband Khaled Blair), Gro Harlem Brundtland (former PM of Norway), prince Salman bin Hamad al Khalifa of Bahrein, Viktor & Rolf.

From the Dutch RF absent were: Nicolas Guillermo, the Duchess of Parma, Prince Bernhard & Princess Annette.

Among the speakers: Desmond Tutu, Princess Mabel, Prof. Viktor Halberstadt, Huub Oosterhuis, HM the King, Prince Constantijn and a collegue of Telenet.

I thought it all very moving,really was.Too bad one can't read Princess Mabel's speech on-line,according to the guests it was the most moving and loving of speeches.

The NOS reporter said that she fell & broke it two weeks ago.

Oh poor little Countess. I hope it was a clean break and not something worse. Hope it heals quickly.

This has to be such a difficult day for them all, but especially for poor Princess Beatrix. A parent isn't supposed out live their child and she has. :(

Beautiful pix with a feel of deep emotion. Let him rest in peace !

Could someone provide a link to the Special on NOS?

Zaria has on some pictures a little smile in her face. She looks so cute with it.

It´s heartbreaking to see such a young man dead, living behind his wife and those lovely daughters!

i like how the DRF is always so close. they clearly are a team.

mabel's face certainly has changed since the accident - her sadness shows on her face. i´d love to read her speech at the memorial also. she must have done a grand job.

on the other hand, i am not sure her dress was the most appropriate at the memorial of her late husband, but that´s a minor detail only.

mabel's face certainly has changed since the accident - her sadness shows on her face. i´d love to read her speech at the memorial also. she must have done a grand job.

on the other hand, i am not sure her dress was the most appropriate at the memorial of her late husband, but that´s a minor detail only.

The left sleeve of princess Mabel's dress is from her wedding gown; a poignant and poetic choice:flowers:

Once more, my deep condolences to the Dutch Royal Family. I think they all are so wonderful human beings. It is really touching seeing Princess Beatrix with Princess Mabel and the little girls.

The left sleeve of princess Mabel's dress is from her wedding gown; a poignant and poetic choice:flowers:

The bow is not from her wedding gown. The dress is from one of her favorite designers recent collection.

it's true that the dress is a reminder of her wedding gown - a sweet detail indeed. i guess that explains what may seem an inappropriate choice for a widow's dress at a memorial/funeral.

Is this not a shorter version of the gown she wore to Willem-Alexander's investiture? It may be a design by a favorite designer, but the symbolism is just perfect. It's so Mabel and I think Prince Friso would have loved it.

Yes that very much comes across,despite all the ups and downs over the years the extended Dutch Royal Family are always there for each other and united.

What did Maxima find so funny on this day??? She is barely able to hide her grimace... It is so conspicuous next to the sad faces of Mabel and Beatrix!! This is so tragic, poor Mabel seems very old on these pictures, she had very hard and long months behind her... I could cry if I see her and Beatrix...

What did Maxima find so funny on this day??? She is barely able to hide her grimace... It is so conspicuous next to the sad faces of Mabel and Beatrix!! This is so tragic, poor Mabel seems very old on these pictures, she had very hard and long months behind her... I could cry if I see her and Beatrix...

I will get guff for this, but I agree and it really irritates me. She does not have to be !!!!Maxima!!!! in every situation and I find it really obnoxious here.

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what transpired. People, often, laugh at very serious situation, as a release. People react differently to comments and things that are transpiring. Also, it isn't the day after he died. People laugh, at all moments in theirs lives. I was a young widow, 25 years ago, I remember someone saying something very funny as we were in the funeral home and at the moment and my sons I and all giggled. Do not judge other people, as you have no idea what was taking place. And from a picture.

What a ridiculous comment. You have no idea what transpired. People, often, laugh at very serious situation, as a release. People react differently to comments and things that are transpiring. Also, it isn't the day after he died. People laugh, at all moments in theirs lives. I was a young widow, 25 years ago, I remember someone saying something very funny as we were in the funeral home and at the moment and my sons I and all giggled. Do not judge other people, as you have no idea what was taking place. And from a picture.

It's only my opinion. I am called names almost every time I give an opinion. Not a fact, just my opinion. I am tired of having to qualify every opinion I have here because someone is personally offended by me not liking a dress or expression, it is ridiculous.

It's only my opinion. I am called names almost every time I give an opinion. Not a fact, just my opinion. I am tired of having to qualify every opinion I have here because someone is personally offended by me not liking a dress or expression, it is ridiculous.

Yep, you are going to get guff. And here is mine.

(snip)

Edited to say: I have deleted my original post because I decided it was an over-reaction bearing in mind that on review of the photos of Maxima she wasn't laughing at all, she was only smiling. What on earth is wrong with smiling?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom