Christening of Countess Zaria: February 3, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture!

The pictures are free from copyrights and can be dowloaded freely at the official website of the Netherlands Royal House.
For giant picture 1 Het Koninklijk Huis (click on download foto)
For giant picture 2 Het Koninklijk Huis (click on download foto)

Here two normal sized ones (click double to expand):

Note:
- the grey/beige shoes of the Princess,
- the grey-beige dress of Countess Luana,
- the grey/beige tie of the Prince and
- the grey/beige bows on the baptismal gown of Countess Zaria!
- on the giant downloadpictures you can see an ancient silver dove (symbolizing the Holy Spirit) on Countess Zaria's gown, for centuries worn at all Orange-Nassau baptisms.

Sitting:
HM The Queen (mother of Prince Friso)
HRH Prince Friso of Orange-Nassau
Joanna Zaria Nicoline Milou Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg
HRH Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau née Wisse Smit
Luana Countess of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouw van Amsberg
Mrs. Florence Wisse Smit (mother of Princess Mabel)

Standing:
HRH Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, Count de Bardi (cousin of Prince Friso)
Ms. María Luz Luano (friend of the parents)
HRH The Prince of Orange (brother of Prince Friso)
Ms. Nicoline Wisse Smit (sister of Princess Mabel)
Mr. Ruben Ameling (friend of the parents)

First Picture: taken in the Oranjesael of Huis ten Bosch
Second Picture: taken in the White Dining Chamber a.k.a. the Marot Chamber of Huis ten Bosch

Last edited:
luana is so so beautiful! at last with an adorable dress!!!!
luana was christeniced with the same dress than luana.

Great to see pictures of Luana and Zaria!

the girls are sooooooooo cute, but the bows in Zaria's gown!!!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
my God, Mabel needs professional help:lol:

thank you for the pictures, Mabels two daughters are just adorable especially little Zaria. Mabel looks good in white/cream but not to sure what was going on with the hair. Happy for the family, the group picture is lovely. Hope to see some of Maxima

Thanks for the pictures! Zaria is so much more beautiful than her sister!!!

What a cute family. Both girls are precious.:flowers: Am I the only one who thinks Zaria looks a lot like her father?
And oh well, I think it's cute that there are bows on Zaria's christening dress. ;)

Mabel needs some under-eye cream, some face powder and a hair brush. She literally looked like she rolled out of bed, threw something on and ran to church. She's a princess....she can afford a comb. I am thoroughly not impressed with her.

The kids look darling, although I'm tired of the bows motif popping up all the time. If ever there's a time when you don't need a dress covered in them, now would be a good one.

I agree with you MissSaga, Zaria looks a lot like her father! Her older sister is more blonder than her I guess she gets it from her mom. And yes her mom looks a bit tired, I don't think it's make-up thing to fix, not easy to manage with two young kids:ermm:

amina1 said:
I agree with you MissSaga, Zaria looks a lot like her father! Her older sister is more blonder than her I guess she gets it from her mom. And yes her mom looks a bit tired, I don't think it's make-up thing to fix, not easy to manage with two young kids:ermm:

I'm sure she is tired, but you can at least run a brush through your hair and put some powder on. That takes what, 5 minutes if that? She doesn't have to look like she's going to a ball or anything, but she could look a little more put together.

Extremely busy mom

Sister Morphine said:
Mabel needs some under-eye cream, some face powder and a hair brush. She literally looked like she rolled out of bed, threw something on and ran to church. She's a princess....she can afford a comb. I am thoroughly not impressed with her.

The kids look darling, although I'm tired of the bows motif popping up all the time. If ever there's a time when you don't need a dress covered in them, now would be a good one.

The mom works in Brussels (Belgium) as directer of the Open Society Institute. In her function she travels all around the globe.

The dad works in Delft (the Netherlands) as director of TNO Space. In his function he travels all around the globe.

The family lives in London (England)...

No wonder they are tired. They are world-commuters!

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
The mom works in Brussels (Belgium) as directer of the Open Society Institute. In her function she travels all around the globe.

The dad works in Delft (the Netherlands) as director of TNO Aerospatial Research Centre.

The family lives in London (England)...

No wonder they are tired. They are world-commuters!

That's great, but that doesn't mean she can't brush her hair. It takes about as much time to brush your hair as it does to get dressed. If she can do one, she can do the other. I think if your child is being christened, you owe it to your guests to not look like you just woke up.

Last edited:
How come????
do they live in the same house and where, if they both have jobs in different countries:neutral:

amina1 said:
How come????
do they live in the same house and where, if they both have jobs in different countries:neutral:

I think since November 2003 Mabel works in London and Friso 2 or 3 days per week works in Delft.

Mabel is International Advocacy Director in Open Society London.

Staff

amina1 said:
How come????

Prince Friso, Princess Mabel, Countess Luana and Countess Zaria live in London. London is 2 hours by plane to Brussels and to The Hague. So both Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are almost daily flyers.

The Prince already has lived in London for years. He was an associate and later vice-president at the investment bank Goldman Sachs & Co. Before that he worked at McKinsey. In an interview with NRC he stated that he loved London. It gives him the freedom to breath and to be himself, something which is not so possible in the Netherlands.

That is also why Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien, Countess Eloise, Count Claus-Casimir and Countess Leonore live outside the Netherlands (Brussels). There they can be more private than in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
I believe that this is the same christening gown that her sister wore at her christening.

Empress said:
I believe that this is the same christening gown that her sister wore at her christening.

yes, absolutly is the same gown

Oranje, Mabel van - International Advocacy Director OSI London

Luciana said:
I think since November 2003 Mabel works in London and Friso 2 or 3 days per week works in Delft.

Mabel is International Advocacy Director in Open Society London.

Staff

Indeed! She has moved from Brussels to London!
That is new for me. Probably the two kids in London and the mum in Brussels was not such a lucky combination.
:flowers:

beautiful photos! zaria is really cute and regal-looking. :)

would love to see pictures of the family in the ceremony...

ok then, I think Mabel looks far from ok for a mother of 2 that takes flights almost daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Ach, I thought it all looked like one happy and big family, gathered together for a joyful occassion.

We have to wait for more pictures of the other guests (Princess Máxima, Princess Laurentien, etc.)

Henri M. said:
We have to wait for more pictures of the other guests (Princess Máxima, Princess Laurentien, etc.)

We didn't see them from Countess Luana christening did we?? (can't remember :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
corazon said:
in the luana's christening were eloise, and many other children, I try to post the link
Foto Joop & Dennis van Tellingen

Indeed: fill in 'Luana' and you will find lots of pictures, taken with a biiiiig camera from outside the gates of Huis ten Bosch Palace.

Empress said:

Yas, it's the same gown. Mabel loves the ribbons. :ohmy:

Same gown

Indeed it is the same gown as used for Countess Luana.

But even Princess Catharina-Amalia's baptismal gown (also worn by Prince Willem-Alexander in 1967, by Princess Beatrix in 1938, by Princess Juliana in 1909 and by Princess Wilhelmina in 1880 once was a new purchase, of course.

There are different baptismal and presentation-gowns in the Royal House Archives. But probably Princess Mabel wanted a new one.
One thing can be said: this baptismal gown is one of the very few designed by top-haute couturiers (Viktor & Rolf) and unique for its bows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom