The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2021, 04:07 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

There were a few weeks between the comments of the prince and his uncle. And in those weeks a new skeleton fell out of Sywerts cubboard each day almost. But the Prince should never have reacted in the first place.

I have heard the issue discussed by the Volkskrant editorial board, who were thankfully laughing it of (the prince's comment).

Pieter van Vollenhoven's comment was greeted with approaval by many. But some were pointing out -on twitter- that he should have a word with his second son about integrity in business. Some others remembered that Princess Margriet and PvV had set up a construction to evade taxes.

I listened to last weeks podcast of the -traditionally left-wing newspaper- 'Volkskrant' and even they were rather mild about the Prince.

Old 06-05-2021, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
There were a few weeks between the comments of the prince and his uncle. And in those weeks a new skeleton fell out of Sywerts cubboard each day almost. But the Prince should never have reacted in the first place.

I have heard the issue discussed by the Volkskrant editorial board, who were thankfully laughing it of.

Pieter van Vollenhoven's comment was greeted with approaval by many were pointing out that he should have a word with his second son about integrity in business and some others remembered that Princess Margriet and PvV had set up a construction to evade taxes.

I listened to last weeks podcast of the -traditionally left-wing newspaper- 'Volkskrant' and even they were rather mild about the Prince.
Uncle Pieter's first reaction to the news already mentioned the words 'decency and integrity' and asked for a thorough investigation; so his stance has been consistent (see my earlier edit in the previous post).

But yes, the news is so much bigger than the prince along many others having been used by three people who were pretending to be something completely different than they were. I am sure many of those are rather unhappy that they helped out after initially being in denial (as a way to convince themselves that they had contributed to something good; I am sure it must have hit hard once they realized they had been lied to).

Tags
prince constantijn, princess laurentien