Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events Part 4 (January 2018 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their youngest child Leonore Countess van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg will join her cousine Princess Alexia of the Netherlands and her namesake, the Spanish heir Princess Leonor, at the World Atlantic College in Llandwit-Major. The Countess will do the last two years of her secondary education in Wales, to obtain her international baccalaureate.

Her uncle King Willem-Alexander and the future Queen of Belgium, Princess Elisabeth, have been at this College as well.

Interesting. Her brother went to Gordonstoune, so also left home pretty early. I wonder why they are taking this path... It is not that it was common practice within the Dutch royal family. Willem-Alexander was the exception in his generation.

The Van Oranje-Nassau van Amsbergs always have been an international family. Friso, Mabel, Luana, Zaria, Constantijn, Laurentien, Eloïse, Claus-Casimir and Leonor, all of them have been (or still are) living outside the Netherlands.

I can imagine that the parents see an added bonus in their children spending parts of education in a foreign country.

Last edited:
Prince Constantijn attends the opening panel session at the SPRINT Robotics World Conference in De RAI on 27 September in Amsterdam. The SPRINT Robotics World Conference for Inspection & Maintenance Robotics is the leading global event for robotics for Inspection, Maintenance and Cleaning.

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?events=775879246

If Prince Constantijn is not on the Dutch Civil List I think he ought not to attend the Prince's Day event.

If Prince Constantijn is not on the Dutch Civil List I think he ought not to attend the Prince's Day event.

He is a member of the royal house and adult members of the royal house generally attend Prinsjesdag, not sure what your problem with this custom/tradition is. He will continue to attend thoughout his brother's reign and will only cease to do so when his niece ascends the throne (just like princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven did before him).

Princess Laurentien and Countess Eloise attended the premiere of the "The Great Sinterklaas" film in Amsterdam today, October 2. Laurentien herself has a role in the film.

** anp gallery **

In the Netherlands the State pays for a maximum of six persons:

1. The King
2. Spouse

3. The future King
4. Spouse

5. The former King
6. Spouse

Your stance means we would never have seen (or will ever see) see Princess Irene, Princess Margriet, Princess Christina, Prince Johan Friso, Prince Constantijn, Princess Alexia or Princess Ariane as none of them ever received (or will receive) an income from the State.

Today, November 12, Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien together with their Number Five Foundation attended the opening of 'Number 90', a new meeting place in Almere for victims, civil servants, lawyers, social services and other parties involved in the allowance affair (the Dutch childcare benefits scandal). The Number Five Foundation has supported the creation of the meeting place:

** Pic ** omroepflevoland.nl video: 'Huiskamer' voor gedupeerden toeslagenaffaire geopend **

** rtl video: Prinses Laurentien en prins Constantijn openhartig over obstakels in relatie **

Prince Constantijn as Special Envoy for Techleap was among the guests at the TV show Goedemorgen Nederland (Good morning Netherlands) today, November 30:

** npostart.nl: video **

Prince Constantijn as Special Envoy for Techleap met US Ambassador to the Netherlands Shefali Razdan Duggal on December 16:

** Pic **

Prince Constantijn as Special Envoy for Techleap attended the opening of the NL Tech Pavilions at the CES 2023 tech event in Las Vegas on January 5:

** Pic **

Today, February 2, Prince Constantijn as Special Envoy for Techleap attended a meeting in Den Haag between cabinet members and companies about the business climate in the Netherlands. The meeting was held in preparation of the spring memorandum:

** Pic ** anp gallery **

As Special Envoy for Techleap Prince Constantijn recorded a video to promote the upcoming State Dutch Tech 2023 online event:

** twitter video **

Prince Constantijn as Special Envoy for Techleap attended the State of Dutch Tech 2023 "Together in Transitions" event in Den Haag today, February 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** anp gallery **

And he managed to get the prime minister to attend...

Apparently, prince Constantijn was a guest in the Op1 Talkshow tonight (it isn't online yet) and was asked about his niece's security situation. It's not something the family talks about a lot as there isn't much to say - nonetheless, he characterized it as 'dramatic' especially on a 'human' level as it means that a young woman cannot live in freedom during her time as a university student, which is what anybody would want.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Special Envoy for Techleap Prince Constantijn attended the Zero One Hundred Conference in Amsterdam last week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

For some reason Prince Constantijn sat in the television studio of 'Goedemorgen Nederland' a show that discusses the new sin the monrning.

The presentors used the informal 'je' instead of the more formal 'u'.

He was asked what football team he supported. Like the King he supports Ajax Amsterdam.
He will not see his mother this weekend and he saiys that in the family they never celebrated mothersday.
He does watch Eurovision and called it great television entertainment.

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/enterta...constantijn-kijkt-naar-eurovisie-songfestival

https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/entertainment/royalty/prins-constantijn-viert-geen-moederdag/ar-AA1b5fKO

The reason why he was in the television programme was to draw attention to the World Press Photo, of which he is a patron. The winners will be announced later today.

For some reason Prince Constantijn sat in the television studio of 'Goedemorgen Nederland' a show that discusses the new sin the monrning.

The presentors used the informal 'je' instead of the more formal 'u'.

He was asked what football team he supported. Like the King he supports Ajax Amsterdam.
He will not see his mother this weekend and he saiys that in the family they never celebrated mothersday.
He does watch Eurovision and called it great television entertainment.

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/enterta...constantijn-kijkt-naar-eurovisie-songfestival

https://www.msn.com/nl-nl/entertainment/royalty/prins-constantijn-viert-geen-moederdag/ar-AA1b5fKO

The reason why he was in the television programme was to draw attention to the World Press Photo, of which he is a patron. The winners will be announced later today.

I really long back to the era when a reporter had to wear a suit, go to the palace, and respectfully requests to ask a few questions to His Royal Highness.

I do understand Prince Constantijn. He is of the opinion that the Royal House should be as approachable and accessible as possible, no one should feel a barrier to address a member of the Royal House.

I doubt if this is the right way. I feel -in the long term- the monarchy always needs distance and distinction not be taken into everyday's maelstrom.

I really long back to the era when a reporter had to wear a suit, go to the palace, and respectfully requests to ask a few questions to His Royal Highness.

I do understand Prince Constantijn. He is of the opinion that the Royal House should be as approachable and accessible as possible, no one should feel a barrier to address a member of the Royal House.

I doubt if this is the right way. I feel -in the long term- the monarchy always needs distance and distinction not be taken into everyday's maelstrom.

This view is interesting, with which I agree. I think a certain distance is needed between the royal family and the general public.
In Spain they do that, it is unthinkable for the King and Queen, or even their daughters, to go on a television talk show. They rarely give interviews.

As mentioned above Prince Constantijn handed out the award for the World Press Photo 2022 in Amsterdam today, May 12. This year's winner is Ukrainian photographer Evgeniy Maloletka:

** Pic ** anp gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Count Claus Casimir was there as well -with a gril that he has been pictured with before. And he was filming his father while P. Constantijn entered.

This view is interesting, with which I agree. I think a certain distance is needed between the royal family and the general public.
In Spain they do that, it is unthinkable for the King and Queen, or even their daughters, to go on a television talk show. They rarely give interviews.

The king, queen and their daughters don't participate in television talkshows in the Netherlands either. It's the king's brother and wife who do at times when it is related to their work or a cause they support.

The government have accepted the proposal of Princess Laurentien to help the victims of the child benifit scandal.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-ac...voor-snellere-schadevergoeding-over~bd61ebf8/

The financial compensation of the victims is a long and frustrating process. Laurentien came with a proposal to make it easier by allocating a normative amount of financial compensation for a type of damage. Parents are no longer obliged to show prove that the damage -f.e. the forced sale of a house- was caused by the issue.

The prince was helped by experts from insurance companies Achmea and Aegon.

-
In this mornings political podcast of the Volkskrant the presentors praised the princess for her ongoing role. The proposal can only have been made with the knowledge and blessing of the Prime Minister.

Prince Constantijn opened the exhibition "The Prince and the City - William V in Amsterdam" at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam today, July 5:

** ppe gallery **

Back
Top Bottom