Eloise, Claus-Casimir and Leonore, News and Pictures Part 1: July 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The third girl is their friend, their grandmother is absent on photos.

You can see the grandmother on the second photo, posing with the three girls.

I haven't seen photos of Laurentien's children for a while; so Eloise and Leonore have blossomed into very pretty young ladies!

I wonder what Leonore did to her arm? I hope it's not too painful.

Yes they should be, schools in the middle of the country started in the last week of August.

Countess Eloïse (15) and her younger sister Countess Leonore (11) have grown up fast!
Their brother Count Claus-Casimir (13) still is boyish-looking. Earlier this year the young lord was -by accident- tricked into an illusion by a street-magician making shots for his television show (picture).

Would the Greek pictures have been made at the resort of her uncle Willem-Alexander in Greece? Picture.

Eloise looks really grown up now! She looks older than 16 IMO but she's blossoming into a very beautiful young lady. She has quite unique features and doesn't look like the rest of the Dutch RF to me. I wonder if she'll ever embark on a career in modelling in the near future like Prince Nikolai in Denmark given that she seems to be friends with Dutch models and seems to wear a lot of stylish and trendy clothes.

Perhaps her parents should notify her that there is also a 'private' option on Instagram, so not the entire world can see your private photos.

She seems to be a lovely girl btw.

Last edited:
Perhaps her parents should notify her that there is also a 'private' option on Instagram, so not the entire world can see your private photos.

She does have a private account (
https://instagram.com/elovoranje).
I think her family is okay with the pictures she shares. They also don't seem to mind the instagram of the family dog - and there are also some rather private pictures (e.g. inside the family home and/or with Laurentien).
At first I was a bit surprised that her parents don't seem to mind. But on the other hand - what is the harm? She hasn't shared one problematic or really sensitive picture until now

Last edited:
Ah, there are two. Yes, I am sure the parents agree, and as long as she is not flaunting a lifestyle a la Olympia of Greece there is little harm in it indeed. And nearly every teenager in the country will have an account by now.

I think her family is okay with the pictures she shares. They also don't seem to mind the instagram of the family dog - and there are also some rather private pictures (e.g. inside the family home and/or with Laurentien).
At first I was a bit surprised that her parents don't seem to mind. But on the other hand - what is the harm? She hasn't shared one problematic or really sensitive picture until now

I agree. I think that the fact that Eloise has a private account as well as a public account indicates that she is happy sharing her photos with the world (as her biography - that reads "open account" - on Instagram would suggest). I'm sure that something would have been done about any photo Eloise wanted to post that her parents or the royal family (I don't know if it's the same in the Netherlands; however I remember in their Vogue interview Princess Eugenie of York said that the Buckingham Palace staff made her remove a photo of Andrew she had taken in a private part of the palace) deemed unsuitable for Instagram, however Laurentien and Constantijn seem to be quite liberal about what their children can share on social media (and I think the DRF is generally much more relaxed than the BRF in sharing photos).

In her very first message
she even explained that she created an open account because she received so many requests from people who wanted to follow her on her private account resulting in malfunctioning of that account.

i believe alexia also has a private insta account.

Even if they are royal Tweens and Teens living 2019 will Tweet, Have Instagram, Have snap chat and Have FB besides be looking at their phones 24/7 if allowed. Wise parents pick their battles trying to limit all This. Starting out and probably staying private for young Royals is the best of both worlds as They get to hook up with friends and family and not be exposed to people being cruel, vulgar and saying they need to be got rid of!1!

Wow, Eloise has really grown up and is blossoming into a gorgeous young lady. She seems to be very confident in front of the camera. I hope she had a lovely birthday.

Even if they are royal Tweens and Teens living 2019 will Tweet, Have Instagram, Have snap chat and Have FB besides be looking at their phones 24/7 if allowed. Wise parents pick their battles trying to limit all This. Starting out and probably staying private for young Royals is the best of both worlds as They get to hook up with friends and family and not be exposed to people being cruel, vulgar and saying they need to be got rid of!1!

Eloise started with a private account but got so many requests that she decided to also start this public one. I am sure that was discussed with her parents.

Interesting that she calls herself Eloise van Oranje on social media when her legal name is “ van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg”.

Perhaps she's just keeping it simple!

Might be a tad too much to cram into a username.

Perhaps she's just keeping it simple!

Might be a tad too much to cram into a username.

I would use “ van Amsberg” then as the short version.

The default rule in some countries, including the Netherlands and Belgium, is that the short version of a longer name uses the part of the name which comes first. Prince Maurits' daughter Anna van Lippe-Biesterfeld van Vollenhoven calls herself Anna van Lippe-Biesterfeld on social media, for example, and all of the van Oranje-Nassau van Amsbergs and van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhovens use "van Oranje" or "van Oranje-Nassau" as the short version.

In some foreign countries, the rule is the opposite. In Britain, for example, shortened versions of names normally use the part which comes last. Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor has been styled Lady Louise Windsor at times, but never Lady Louise Mountbatten.

That is likely the reason the names of the Dutch and British queens' respective children were defined as "van Oranje-Nassau van Amsberg" and "Mountbatten-Windsor", not "van Amsberg van Oranje-Nassau" and "Windsor-Mountbatten". In both monarchies, the ordering of the names prevents the name of the royal house from being dropped when a short version is used.

In her very first message
she even explained that she created an open account because she received so many requests from people who wanted to follow her on her private account resulting in malfunctioning of that account.

It surprises me that there is so much interest from the public, given that there is no official role for Prince Constantijn's children, they are too young to have attained a visible profile through their own work, and they were not even brought up in the country.

Several members only use ' van Oranje' in daily life / on social media. For example princess Mabel and prince Bernhard. The same goes for noble people with several last names: although the entire name will be listed on official documents many will chose not to use the complete version in a professional/ personal setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom