The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2021, 05:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The opening of the pop-up exhibition is now planned for september 25th.

She tells magazine Grazia that she was motivated to use the platform that she has at the moment for things that she finds important.

They will give a platform to people with special life stories. Among them Joan van den Herik, a 'curvy model' (who is also a niece of Yolanda Hadid & 1st cousin of Bella and Gigi).

https://grazia.nl/artikel/456854/elo...rouwen-verlaat

According to Grazia the exposition will take place in the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam (where the civil wedding of the King was held) and not in Paradiso - as was planned earlier.

The countess also mentions preconceptions and says that due to her name people assume that she is spoiled, aloof and arrogant. Reactions on twitter have been acid -as is the tradition there- with people offering to play a small violin. On instagram the reactions were much more positive.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

My recommendation to Elo´se is to focus on her studies and forget social media. She even appears in a quiz to ask (pre-recorded) questions. And her nickname gravinfluencer gives me the creeps.

I never expected the so strict, distant and dignified Royal House of the first two decades of Beatrix now derailing in a activistic family with members popping up at talkshows and in quizzes.

I prefer the beatrixian distance and decorum. So strange that there seems no action from "the men in grey suits' (if there are any).

Old 08-25-2021, 06:30 AM
Administrator

I believe that these things (talkshows) happened already during the later years of Beatrix' reign. Van Vollenhovens in discussion programmes and such. IIRC prince Maurits was promoting electric cars at the time. But the last years it has become more relaxed indeed, with even Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien participating in these shows.

The media presence of the countess is of yet another different order. While the others were still promoting a cause she seems to be mostly promoting herself. I am not quite sure if this is the way to go but I suppose the King can hardly forbid her to do it. And perhaps the palace is curious to see how it goes, considering the daughters of the king may want to use their social media account in the future as well.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

I believe that these things (talkshows) happened already during the later years of Beatrix' reign. Van Vollenhovens in discussion programmes and such. IIRC prince Maurits was promoting electric cars at the time. But the last years it has become more relaxed indeed, with even Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien participating in these shows.

The media presence of the countess is of yet another different order. While the others were still promoting a cause she seems to be mostly promoting herself. I am not quite sure if this is the way to go but I suppose the King can hardly forbid her to do it. And perhaps the palace is curious to see how it goes, considering the daughters of the king may want to use their social media account in the future as well.

The Belgian royal family does not pop up in talkshows, quizzes, vlogs or instas and do it pretty okay. I prefer a more distant Royal House.

I have no problem in a reporter going to the palace and ask for an interview but senior royals as Constantijn and Laurentien just joining in a talkshow and then trying to avoid topics like Covid, the Cabinet formation, the political situation in Hungary and Poland, the German elections...

What can they ever say than playing their record about start-ups (Constantijn) or illiteracy (Laurentien) and then play the deaf and mute at the table? Maybe the ultimate man in grey suit (PM Rutte, only black and blue suits) seem not interested or not restrictive at all.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Eloise represents the younger generation and they too are subjects of the monarchy.. This is how they communicate and social media pop up events are the platforms they use.
In order to stay relevant and appeal to the younger generation the Royal House and the Monarchy will have to adapt.

The King and Queen may very well observe from the sidelines to see how this all plays out.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Eloise represents the younger generation and they too are subjects of the monarchy.. This is how they communicate and social media pop up events are the platforms they use.
In order to stay relevant and appeal to the younger generation the Royal House and the Monarchy will have to adapt.
I doubt that older subjects of the monarchy communicate in the same fashion as royals of their generations (and I would assume that in a wealthy country such as the Netherlands all generations will use social media platforms to communicate). And as Countess Eloise is neither a member of the Royal House nor a working member of the royal family I am not sure she can claim to represent the monarchy's subjects.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Countess Eloise van Oranje attended the Layered exhibition at the Beurs van Berlage in Amsterdam.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...21%20Amsterdam
Old 08-25-2021, 03:06 PM
Administrator

The opening of her own exhibition. While her parents did not attend, her maternal grandparents did - Laurens Jan Brinkhorst and Jantien Brinkhorst-Heringa, see here.

** nouveau article:ELOISE VAN ORANJE OPENT EIGEN POP-UP EXPO ** anp gallery **

Eloise has also given an interview during the exhibition opening:

** rtlboulevard video 1 ** rtlboulevard video 2 **

** gettyimages gallery: NLD: Eloise Van Oranje Opens A Pop-up Exhibition "Layered" By Magnum In Amsterdam **
Old 08-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Administrator

The title of the video says that with this project she is making 15.000 to 50.000 Euros from this thing. At 19 years old. 37.000 Euros being the avarage year salary in the Netherlands. I have no idea what this is based on, but it is said by royalty reporter Marc van der Linden.

She repeated that she wanted to show 'her real self' a zillion times. Although she seems a friendly, eloquent and sweet girl, she seems to mean well & it is nice that she is doing what she feels passionate about, I find it immoral that -if true- a 19 y/o student can milk her family connections like this to earn an average year salary while being sponsored by Magnum ice creams.

Excesses in our economic system are not her fault of course and I can imagine that she was exited for this opportunity, but if this is this brand of nepotistic narcissicm is the future for the RF I would prefer to call it a day. Her sponsorship in a time when the cultural sector is nearly deciminated is most likely based on one thing only, which is the last name that she is complaining about.

A monarchy is obviously going to be based on nepotism, but at least they could do us the favor of hiding it a bit better - as they did with Prince Jaime, who became the youngest ambassador the kingdom had. Rubbing it in as is the case here will make it more obvious to people how curious this system is in this day and age & in our Western society. But on the bright side: at least she is working. Her uncle the King hopefully will do the same one day, if he can spare the time in between his vacations.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Like her father, Elo´se will never receive any cent from the State, so that a sponsor deal comes her way: who can blame her? But I agree: stressing "I am just a normal, really a normal, really really a norman girl" and then getting a sponsor contract is clashing.

The nepotism claim is not really fair: when Elo´se was admitted to the Amsterdam School of Hotel Management on social media was the claim: just because she is a niece of the King. This made Elo´se reacting like stung by a wasp: people have no idea how hard I had to study for these admission exams!

Then Jaime de Bourbon de Parme: nepotism is when someone gets something, not because he is qualified but because he is family. But maybe he is one of the best qualified ambassadors ever, with two academic studies in the USA (at Ivy League universities), with practice courses at the World Wildlife Fund, the International Red Cross, at the UNHCR, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, as personal advisor to an EU Commissioner. Then becoming Ambassador in the world's smallest state (the Vatican) is hardly "nepotist" because he was waaaay overqualified for such a primarily ceremonial function: attending the one Papal Mass after the other.

It would be nepotism was he Ambassador in Paris, Berlin, Brussels, Washington, Moscow. And even then: actually it would be no mismatch with his impressive education and curriculum vitae.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Countess Eloise is selling 3 bags of Jan Taminiau via instagram. The bags are offered for free to business class travellers of KLM airlines.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/entertainme...ssvlucht-kreeg
Old 08-30-2021, 06:11 PM
Majesty

Not sure whether that's smart or not. An easy way of earning money to sell things you got for free (because you or your parents fly business class) but not helpful for her reputation...
Old 08-30-2021, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Countess Eloise is selling 3 bags of Jan Taminiau via instagram. The bags are offered for free to business class travellers of KLM airlines.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/entertainme...ssvlucht-kreeg
You call these "bags" ? Not very pretty !
Old 08-31-2021, 03:43 AM
Royal Highness

Well she is an influencer and that's not uncommon in that sphere but it's definitely not the greatest look for the King's niece to sell bags she got for free in a public auction (min 5 Euros).

Nor does it give anyone the impression she's actually doing well from her other projects, even if that's not the case.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Countess Eloise has shown a new appartment ('a place of my own) in Amsterdam on her social media.

It caused some confusion as people thought that she had bought the appartment, which is rather difficult in today's over heated housing market. The countess now clarified that she and two of her friends are renting the place & that she has moved out of the campus.

https://www.ad.nl/show/eloise-komt-t...ring~a607a3cf/