The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Constantijn and his family seem very down to earth - he looks like a carbon copy of WA in that video from Eloise! It's nice that she also seems to be close to her parents.
Yes they do and it was a harmless bit of fun,God knows we need it these days.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Strange move to delete the video IMO, considering that Constantijn and Laurentien were willing to participate. Perhaps Eloise has a private TikTok (I'm not familiar with TikTok, so I don't know if private accounts exist on there or not) and they thought she was going to share it with her friends and family only.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-19-2020, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Haha...I quite liked it. This family is definitely more down to earth and unpretentious than WA and Màxima.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Haha...I quite liked it. This family is definitely more down to earth and unpretentious than WA and Màxima.

What are the pretense (meaning: attempting to be of greater imortance than is actually possessed) made by the King and Queen of the Netherlands, by the Princess of Orange and by the two other teenage princesses?

They are as approachable, down-to-earth and perfectly normal as possibly for a gated family in that position. The three princesses just jump on the bike to go to their normal and unpretentious, for anyone accessible school. They go to normal sportsclubs, they have their friends and classmates over the floor. They play in school musicals and engage in school projects.

100% alike their cousins Eloïse, Claus-Casimir and Eleonore.

Until the recent move to Huis then Bosch Palace there was even no difference in the housing situation: Prince Constantijn lives with his family in a private house. The King lived with his family in a private house until last year.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

i could imagine a sense of pretense might be gotten because of the strict mediacode the king and queen submit to the media, and the recent vacation to greece when the king had just made a speech telling all the other dutch people to not go on vacation abroad.

you may say that all has to do with the private life of king and queen and should not be regarded, but Eloise's video was also of the private life of her family, so i could easily see the comparison being made.
Old 11-20-2020, 09:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
i could imagine a sense of pretense might be gotten because of the strict mediacode the king and queen submit to the media, and the recent vacation to greece when the king had just made a speech telling all the other dutch people to not go on vacation abroad.

you may say that all has to do with the private life of king and queen and should not be regarded, but Eloise's video was also of the private life of her family, so i could easily see the comparison being made.
But Eloïse's video has been withdrawn, apparently her willingness to expose all and everything was not shared by her parents. And when the King returned from holiday, other members of the wider royal family were abroad only highlighting that the lesser Gods can go out and about but the top Gods are under a magnifying glass.

Pretension is making a false assumption of one's importance or social position. When the position is the absolute top of the Dutch social pyramid, there is little "to pretend" . The freedom Countess Eloïse enjoys these days will be unthinkable for Princess Catharina-Amalia.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
More down to earth and unpretentious?Sorry?What do you know on that?Exactly,now that is pretentious.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
But Eloïse's video has been withdrawn, apparently her willingness to expose all and everything was not shared by her parents. And when the King returned from holiday, other members of the wider royal family were abroad only highlighting that the lesser Gods can go out and about but the top Gods are under a magnifying glass.

Pretension is making a false assumption of one's importance or social position. When the position is the absolute top of the Dutch social pyramid, there is little "to pretend" . The freedom Countess Eloïse enjoys these days will be unthinkable for Princess Catharina-Amalia.
Of by the words in dutch by her mom,HRH Princess Laurentien...zij dacht erna na..beautifully said.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Indeed, this week Princess Laurentien was in a talkshow (about already underpreforming pupils risking to lose cognitive abilities during the partial lockdown) and was asked about the video:

Princess Laurentien: '[...] The most important is that she (Eloïse) remains close to her own self. That she firmly stands on her own two feet. She is 18. She is a young, adult, woman. Of course we are there to whisper things in her ear but we also have confidence in her.'

[The TikTok video of a dancing Countess Eloïse also showing her parents is projected in the studio]

Princess Laurentien: 'Look how happy she is. She celebrates life. She is 18 years. She remains her authentic self.'

Beau van Erven Dorens (the presenter) : 'Exactly. And we enjoy this too.'

Princess Laurentien: 'That is nice to hear.'

Beau van Erven Dorens: 'But that video has been withdrawn, I believe?'

Princess Laurentien: 'Yes, that is true.'

Beau van Erven Dorens: 'Why was that? Maybe because you thought: this is too private?'

Princess Laurentien: 'No she thought, re-thought, again after it.'

Beau van Erven Dorens: 'And she thought: I should not have dragged my parents into this?'

Princess Laurentien: 'Yes. Something like that, yes.'
Old 01-03-2021, 06:37 AM
Majesty

Countess Eloise on Instagram.
Quote:
Laughing to go into the new year, ready to let go of 2020! I'm going to keep it short, don't worry, but I'm going to have to say something. this year brought for me, for everyone, great surprises and changes. these were sometimes negative, but also positive. I've grown as a person, and I've drawn you into my adventure. I am grateful for everything and hope that 2021 brings better times for everyone.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgOS8tD...d=o1p0v7sa554k
Old 01-23-2021, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Countess Eloise van Oranje will publish a book at the end of the second quarter of 2021 with tips on food, clothing and jewelry, publisher CLF Media reports Saturday

https://www.nu.nl/cultuur-overig/610...etips-uit.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.nu.nl/cultuur-overig/6107469/gravin-eloise-brengt-boek-met-eet-en-modetips-uit.htmlgoogle translated
Old 01-23-2021, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This seems to be Eloise's area of interest. She seems to be a sort of influencer in the Netherlands from what I gather on Instagram; she has a lot of organic fans her own age who haven't come because of her family. Helped by her parents and family's status of course, but much is of her own accord too - she does a lot of sponsorships and modelling deals.

Old 01-24-2021, 05:12 AM
Royal Highness

Good luck to her. A lot of influencers have tried to bring out books, some successfully, others have found that their online popularity did not translate into print sales even if it was based on what their followers had voted for as the quote from the article suggested Eloise will do.

I assume she will just use Eloise Van Oranje as she does on Instagram and not her title.

Is 230k followers among the top for influencers in the Netherlands?

Some of the initial interest will be because of her family and because she was already famous in some capacity, clearly. But you don't grow a following just because of that. Although again that might not translate into people actually buying her book.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Good luck to her. A lot of influencers have tried to bring out books, some successfully, others have found that their online popularity did not translate into print sales even if it was based on what their followers had voted for as the quote from the article suggested Eloise will do.

I assume she will just use Eloise Van Oranje as she does on Instagram and not her title.

Is 230k followers among the top for influencers in the Netherlands?

Some of the initial interest will be because of her family and because she was already famous in some capacity, clearly. But you don't grow a following just because of that. Although again that might not translate into people actually buying her book.
Eloise will be somewhere between position 250 and 300 of Dutch persons with the most followers. Number One is the DJ Martin Garrix with 18 million followers.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:15 PM
Courtier

She has everything access to the best education, jobs, why will she open her life to be an influencer.? When the novelty wears off, so do the interest of the people. I am sure she could do wat better than this. She could make a difference. Oh well her life her time.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
She has everything access to the best education, jobs, why will she open her life to be an influencer.? When the novelty wears off, so do the interest of the people. I am sure she could do wat better than this. She could make a difference. Oh well her life her time.
I don't really understand it either; but it seems important to point out that this is not her 'main' activity. She started attending Hotel school this year (which already is an unconventional choice for a niece of a king in line to the throne; showing her 'independence' and someone who knows what she wants in life rather than going the expected route of attending university); and there is no indication that she wouldn't continue her studies for the next 3 1/2 years (or a bit longer depending on whether her classes can take place due to the pandemic - they did send everyone back home). So, this is something she is doing 'as a side job' - and she most likely had more time to spend due to her schooling not going as planned.
Old 01-24-2021, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL COUNTESS View Post
You know people can do charity work and stil make a living right

She isnt a working royal. 'Making a difference' is not something she is going to be paid to do like her royal cousins.

She is attending college, though it's limited now with the pandemic, the hotel school. Its a four year school and will lead to a good career when done.

Being an 'influencer' is the modern version of a part time job for college kids. For those who can actually make money from it.
Old 01-24-2021, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I highly doubt Eloise will make being an influencer her main job. People can earn millions if they have a huge platform, but I can imagine Eloise will likely venture into catering if she's at the Hotelschool. The fact she's studying there suggests an influencer is just a "side hustle".

Old 01-24-2021, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout

[....]

She isnt a working royal. 'Making a difference' is not something she is going to be paid to do like her royal cousins.

[....]
Only the present King, the future King and the previous King (+ consorts) receive a Constitutional income from the State.

Outside these no any from Eloïse's cousins, parents, siblings or wider family (will) have any income from the State.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:03 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Eloise gave an interview to the Dutch Vogue:

https://www.vogue.nl/fashion/fashion...rview-kleding/

https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/royalty/...d-met-zich-mee

She says that she often wears her mother's clothes She likes the way her mother combines bold patterns. Eloise likes 'hunting' for nice clothes and she especially likes bying them in second hand shops. She also sells her clothes through instagram.

She always wear a necklace with a small pearl pendant, a christening gift from her uncle and godfather the late prince Friso. On her 12th birthday she received a golden ring with a sapphire from her grandmother, as all the former Queen's granddaughters do.