The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2020, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Countess EloÔse gave her first instagram live interview last night - on instagram.

Apparently she is going to the Hotel school of Amsterdam - not of The Hague.

Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school. She replied that she has worked very hard at school and studied hard to be admitted.

To another question she responded that she lives in a normal house and that she has a normal life, without security, which she likes a lot.

She does not have a boyfriend now but she had one in the past and has kissed him.

She calls her uncle 'Alex' while people call her Elo, Elolo or Lo.

She says her family did not impose rules on her about what to say and not to say on social media, she herself knows where the boundaries are. Having that said she answers another question about the American rapper Kanye West with the not very diplomatic insight that 'I think that America is one big joke'.

https://www.ad.nl/show/gravin-eloise...alex~aee5b799/

I am not quite sure if this is what the RF needs though I suppose as Eloise is not a member of the Royal House she can do as she pleases. Teenage royals with social media is a new issue and I suppose it is a situation of trial and error.
I mean, she isn't wrong...

Old 07-23-2020, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

At least the countess understands that there are boundaries she must follow due to her family even though she falls outside of the Royal House (which I personally think is defined too restrictively).

Old 07-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Eloise posted a lovely picture with her mother:

'love you to the moon and back"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC_eITCjdln/
Old 07-24-2020, 01:38 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Justine Marcella of Vorsten Magazine has put the whole instagram interview session on youtube:

After 45 minutes Eloise is joined by her sister Leonore.

Apparently the family is going to Sicily on vacation. This week was Eloise's last work day in a restaurant in the Hague and last weekend she went with her mother's family to Bad Driburg in Germany to celebrate her grand parents 60th wedding anniversary.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Countess EloÔse gave her first instagram live interview last night - on instagram.

Apparently she is going to the Hotel school of Amsterdam - not of The Hague.

Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school. She replied that she has worked very hard at school and studied hard to be admitted.

To another question she responded that she lives in a normal house and that she has a normal life, without security, which she likes a lot.

She does not have a boyfriend now but she had one in the past and has kissed him.

She calls her uncle 'Alex' while people call her Elo, Elolo or Lo.

She says her family did not impose rules on her about what to say and not to say on social media, she herself knows where the boundaries are. Having that said she answers another question about the American rapper Kanye West with the not very diplomatic insight that 'I think that America is one big joke'.

https://www.ad.nl/show/gravin-eloise...alex~aee5b799/

I am not quite sure if this is what the RF needs though I suppose as Eloise is not a member of the Royal House she can do as she pleases. Teenage royals with social media is a new issue and I suppose it is a situation of trial and error.
a revealing interview by eloise, i am surprised she mentioned about her past boyfriend for example.

'Somebody suggested that she had her last name to thank for her being allowed to attend that school' -- what a horrible thing for someone to say to a young lady who keeps a really low profile.
Old 07-24-2020, 04:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Unfortunately such questions arise whenever a royal, even a pretty minor one here, get into a competitive school like the Hotel school is. We saw the same with Elisabeth when she got into the school in Wales (though with her it was more understandable as she is a senior royal/heir).

There is an interview process as part of the application. I guess some people just assume her name got her through that step.

I feel bad for Eloise who has worked her butt off to get into the program, and now faces people suggesting her name bought her way in.

I have looked at the school website, its a really interesting program. Its the same school, she is just going to the Amsterdam campus instead of the Hague campus. Their first year they live in dorms which are set up like a hotel. They live as well as do their work experience there, to get training for their degree. Its a great idea for training people to work in hospitality.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:09 AM
Aristocracy

I think she is wise enough not to mention her relatives in any great detail. Maybe if she was focused on being an internet star, then it would be a worry. Although, this is likely her attraction to many of her followers.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:59 AM
Majesty

what kind of careers does hotel school give to its graduates? managing hotels, restaurants and the like?
Old 07-24-2020, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like that Eloise is able to have a pretty "normal" life. From her posts you'd think she was just another teen on social media. She seems to be a friendly and down to earth person, much like Laurentien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katymcwaity View Post
I think she is wise enough not to mention her relatives in any great detail. Maybe if she was focused on being an internet star, then it would be a worry. Although, this is likely her attraction to many of her followers.
I think most of Eloise's followers are there for her "influencer" content rather than her royal connections. I follow her on Instagram and it seems to be mostly people her age following her, engaging with her giveaway posts and selfies. There are only a handful of people who identify as royal watchers within her comment sections. Eloise has also done collaborations with local models and other Instagram influencers, so that has probably increased her audience too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank