Baptism of Count Claus Casimir: October 10, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess Sophie

Courtier
City
On the border...
Country
Belgium
Here is the thread for the baptism of Claus-Casimir, son of prince Cosntatijn and princess Laurentien. He will be baptised today.

I hope all the grandchildren of Beatrix and Margriet will be there also: Anna, Lucas, Isabella, Samuel, Eloise and of course Amalia :D

Here picture of little Claus-Casimir
cc-001-groot.jpg

Have the ceremony taken place?Will the Press have pictures get the pictures like at Princess Amila's Christening?At Princess Amila's Christening,there are a lot of pictures from sites:Rex,AAP,Getty,...Will we have pics this time?

There will be pictures, but not so much as Amalia's christening. I just saw Claus-Casimir on 'NOS Journaal' (news on television).

Btw. Amalia is also in Apeldoorn. :eek:

source: seegerpress

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 627
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 798
  • cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 2,327
  • cc5.jpg
    cc5.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 541
  • cc6.jpg
    cc6.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 718
  • cc3.gif
    cc3.gif
    39.9 KB · Views: 743
  • cc7.jpg
    cc7.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 678
Laurentien looks very pretty, and Claus-Casimir is a very beautiful boy!!
Nice to see Guillaume & Sibilla, their little Jean has already done quite some travelling (Tegernsee, Rome, now Holland)

Someone should teach Máxima how to hold a child. :(

more from baptism of Claus-Casimir

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 533
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 415
  • cc3.gif
    cc3.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 389
  • cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 559
  • cc5.jpg
    cc5.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 909
from gettyimages
more guests: Prince Maurits, Princess Mabel, Prince Johan Friso, Queen Beatrix

I love the pics of Princess Eloise and Princess Amalia.

Attachments

• cc1.jpg
    cc1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 423
  • cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 384
  • cc3.jpg
    cc3.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 336
  • cc4.jpg
    cc4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 374
  • cc5.jpg
    cc5.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 375
  • cc6.jpg
    cc6.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 724
  • cc7.jpg
    cc7.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,266
Thanks rere for all the great pictures.

I hope there will be more pictures -- I have yet to see Marilene, Anna and Lucas (who I were looking forward to seeing!).

I don't think I care so much for Laurentien's outfit. The colour of apple green was terrific. The top and especially the necklace (she always has such nice necklaces!) are wonderful and even the skirt was okay ... but the most awful thing I found about her outfit were the knee high matching (at least they matched, I guess!) suede apple green boots.

Here is an officical picture of the baptism, courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, and others from the Dutch royal house's official web site.

Attachments

• NL-casimir-baptism-doop-002.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-doop-002.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 755
  • NL-casimir-baptism-doop-001.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-doop-001.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 512
  • NL-casimir-baptism-doop-003.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-doop-003.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,343
  • NL-casimir-baptism-doop-004.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-doop-004.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 6,635
  • NL-casimir-baptism-doop-005.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-doop-005.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 829
Last edited:
These photos are wonderful! I have to say that I don't care for Laurentein's outfit at all. The boots are atrocious. I don't think that I would mind it that much if she wore it to some other event, it just doesn't seem appropriate for a christening.

Little Eloise is getting so cute! Her little clips in her hair is adorable. I really love the picture of her sitting in Beatrix's lap. She must be a very hands on grandma.

I think I saw someone else mention this, but does need to learn how to hold a baby. She carts Amalia around like a sack of potatoes! But, Amalia is getting to be quite cute.

I love both Amalia and Eloise's little pink overcoats. They almost match! It must be quite cold in the Netherlands today...

Has somebody seen Annette and Marilene with their children thay also looked so cute at Amalia´s christening.

Maxima isn´t at on the photo because it´only with the godparents and grandparents.

I'm starting to think that Marliene was not there. If so, she would have at least walked into the chapel with Maurits, would she not? He is only shown walking in with Mabel.

As far as Annette, she was there with Berhard and Isabella as well. I have only seen one picture of her. If you look at the last picture posted by Alexandria (the one where Laurentien is holding the baby), if you look in the background you can see Bernhard, and Annette holding Isabella. They must have snuck through without the press snapping away at them!

I am not sure about Annette, but Bernhard Jr. and Annette were indeed in attendance at the baptism as was Pieter-Christaan, one of Princess Margriet's other son as seen in the picture of Maxima reading (below).

Other questions answered: Maxima was not part of the official picture because she is not one of the baby's godparents. The official pictures (that I have seen so far) are of the godparents of the baby, his parents and older sister and grandparents, maternal and fraternal.

Marilene likely arrived seperately from her husband (with their children possibly) who may have had godfather-ly things to do.

All pictures courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB.

Attachments

• NL-casimir-baptism-44704.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-44704.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316doop2.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316doop2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,243
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316doop1,0.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316doop1,0.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir3,0.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir3,0.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,803
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir6,0.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir6,0.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,302
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir0.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir0.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,407
  • NL-casimir-baptism-99704.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-99704.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,219
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2,275
  • NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir5.jpg
    NL-casimir-baptism-316casimir5.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,422
Beautiful photos

Thanks for posting them.:) The children are all simply adorable.

I think the color green suits Princess Laurentien very well, and her necklace is quite nice. I am not a fan of her knee-high suede boots, but she seems to really like such boots(she has worn them in the pasts).I expected a "younger looking" outfit on Princess Máxima at first glance I thought it was Queen Beatrix who was reading from the podium. I though Queen Beatrix looked beautfiul, and I love her navy blue outfit. She is one stylish oma!;) :)

Well, I retract my previous statment. :p I guess Marilene was there. Her green suit jacket matches the color of Laurentien's outfit.

http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45859

Great picture! Haha, it kinda' looks like Eloise is robbing her baby brother of that silver thing he's holding. She's getting big, she's getting to be a looker! Claus-Casimir is very cute as well.

I agree- Maxima needs to learn how to hold Amalia. She's had what, 10-11 months to take care of Amalia yet for some reason she still hasn't mastered the art of holding her. Now that I think of it, whenever there's an official picture of the family, Willem Alexander's usually the one holding Amalia. It's good that Amalia was facing forward so she could see everything and everyone else could see her...but it looked pretty unstable. Maxima should take lessons from Ari Behn (Martha Louise of Norway's husband), he's a master at holding a baby facing forward. :)

Alisa said:
Thanks for posting them.:)
I think the color green suits Princess Laurentien very well, and her necklace is quite nice. I am not a fan of her knee-high suede boots, but she seems to really like such boots(she has worn them in the pasts).I expected a "younger looking" outfit on Princess Máxima at first glance I thought it was Queen Beatrix who was reading from the podium. I though Queen Beatrix looked beautfiul, and I love her navy blue outfit. She is one stylish oma!;) :)
I liked the boots, although it seemed all rather casual for the occassion. As for Princess Maxima, I can't recall the last time she wore anything that I particularly loved or even hated for that matter. It's not that her clothing is not "young", it's just not very modern. One can be conservative and modern or wild and modern--but she seems to be neither these days, not very modern at all--and as I spend more time at this princess watching business I find the most interesting ones to watch are those that are, whether conservative or wild, modern and contemporary. Maybe it's just me, but Maxima seems to have lost that of late.

And as you said, the children are all adorable.

Does anyone know who that handsome hunk is sitting besides marliene in the picture where Maxima is making a speech..
It says he is one of Princess Margeriet's son, which one???

Hey, I really like Laurentien's boots :)

They look a lot like the red ones Mathilde wore for the baptism of Gabriel.

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 455
The "hunk" next to Marilene

The person next to Marilene is the younger brother of Maurits called Floris. He has a beautiful girlfriend and is supposed to getting married next year. It's a kind of taste but I really think Maurits is a greater hunk than his brothers Floris and Pieter Christiaan. The brothers of Maurits are really close to Marilene and I saw pictures of them closely arming together.

Attachments

• DSC_8083.jpg
    DSC_8083.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_8120.jpg
    DSC_8120.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC_8095.jpg
    DSC_8095.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_8072.jpg
    DSC_8072.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC_8055.jpg
    DSC_8055.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_8049.jpg
    DSC_8049.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_8048.jpg
    DSC_8048.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC_8039.jpg
    DSC_8039.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_8029.jpg
    DSC_8029.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_8013.jpg
    DSC_8013.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 295
and more....

Attachments

• DSC_8122.jpg
    DSC_8122.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_8172.jpg
    DSC_8172.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC_8196.jpg
    DSC_8196.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC_8197.jpg
    DSC_8197.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 371
  • DSC_8199.jpg
    DSC_8199.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC_8232.jpg
    DSC_8232.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 310
  • DSC_8345.jpg
    DSC_8345.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,534
  • DSC_8360.jpg
    DSC_8360.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC_8361.jpg
    DSC_8361.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC_8728.jpg
    DSC_8728.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 287
They all look great! Amalia is so adorable :)

Thanks for the photos. I like the boots. Pics of Laurentien and her daughter playing together was too cute.

Thanks for the pictures The Watcher! Nice to see Floris and his girlfriend Aimee in attendance, too. Though I think at this point Aimee and Pieter-Christiaan's girlfriend Anita are "regular" attendees at private family events such as this baptism. Nice to see Bernhard Jr., Annette and family, too.

In the second set of pictures, in the fourth one in the first row, you can really see Eloise's resemblance to her mom Laurentien in this particular picture. In the way she squints her eyes and squishes her face when she laughs.

And thank goodness Willem is holding Amalia in the last photos. Here is someone who knows how to hold a 10 month old.

Having held lots of babies, there is nothing wrong with the way Maxima is holding the baby. When a little girl is wearing a dress, and prefers to face outwards, the best way is to hold them under the dress so it doesn't get all wrinkled. She and WA know better than anyone how CA likes to be held.

The last set of pictures, where Laurentien is playing with Eloise is just adorable. Eloise is looking more like her mother everyday, and Alexandria is right, it is very evident in this set of pictures.

I especially love two of these photos, the one where Laurentien is holding Eloise and she is laughing, and the one where they are playing in the fountain. It's good to see that little Eloise was not forgotten in all of the excitment of her little brother's day.

tundra said:
Having held lots of babies, there is nothing wrong with the way Maxima is holding the baby. When a little girl is wearing a dress, and prefers to face outwards, the best way is to hold them under the dress so it doesn't get all wrinkled. She and WA know better than anyone how CA likes to be held.
So then their daughter likes to be held completely drifferently by her father than by her mother??

Máxima is better at carrying shopping bags than a baby haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom