Princess Kiko is Pregnant for the 3rd time

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
La princesa Kiko
ingresa en el hospital para preparar el parto

La princesa Kiko ingresa en el hospital para preparar el nacimiento del que será su tercer hijo, originariamente esperado para septiembre, según ha informado la agencia Kiodo News. Si el bebé es un niño, como aseguran los medios de comunicación, será el primer varón nacido en la Familia Imperial y podría convertirse en el Heredero al Trono del Crisantemo.

Princess Kiko
goes into the hospital to prepare for childbirth

Princess Kiko goes into the hospital to prepare for birth of which will be her third child, originally waited for September, according to what news agency Kiodo News has informed. If the baby is a boy, as the media assures, he will be the first male born in the Imperial Family and could become the Heir to the Throne of the Chrisantemum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess all we can do is wait.

While I only wish for the baby to be healthy, a part of me can't help but hope the baby turns out to be a girl. Women deserve to be treated as equals.

SyberiaWinx said:
I guess all we can do is wait.

While I only wish for the baby to be healthy, a part of me can't help but hope the baby turns out to be a girl. Women deserve to be treated as equals.

I agree with you SyberiaWinx, we all wish for healthy baby, but deep down we all would like a healthy baby GIRL!!! lol!!:flowers:

I would like princess Masako to have a baby boy, but that seems quite difficult, isnt it? I hope Kiko and her baby are doing well and everything will be all right for them when the birth happens, hopefully the baby is a girl so Aiko will be able to become an empress but who really knows if that would be good for her or not. I just dont think Kiko will go through a pregnancy if they were not trying for a boy.

Last edited:
I think she will give birth very soon. I have been saying for the past few weeks that she will give birth once CP Masako and CP Naruhito are in the Netherlands. Maybe something I say will actually be right this time! Personally, I'm hoping for another girl, just to annoy the IHA!

I am willing to wager anything on that it will be a boy. Doctors are perfectly capable of impregnating anyone with a sex of choice. She would have no reason to have another girl.

Princess Kiko to enter hospital Wednesday before delivery
Princess Kiko, the wife of Prince Akishino, Emperor Akihito's second son, will enter a private hospital in Tokyo on Wednesday afternoon ahead of her expected delivery of her third child in early September, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday....................Princess Kiko, now 34 weeks into her pregnancy, is in stable condition, and the fetus is developing normally, the Imperial Household Agency's medical supervisor, Ichiro Kanazawa, told a press conference.

Kanazawa said the decision was made to prepare the princess for the delivery by Caesarean section and to guard against the sudden bleeding that often accompanies the complication she has. The princess, 39, has so far exhibited no sign of bleeding, and contractions of her womb remain within a reasonable range, he said......................A team of obstetricians led by Masao Nakabayashi, head of Aiiku Hospital in Tokyo's Minato Ward, has attended the princess and is preparing for transfusion, which may be necessary when performing a Caesarean section.
If bleeding occurs or contractions become frequent, medication will be administered to the princess by intravenous injection, Kanazawa said, adding that the date of delivery will be finalized after studying the mother's condition......................She had ultrasound checks and other kinds of checks every two weeks. But ever since she was diagnosed with partial placenta previa on July 12, she has stayed home most of the time.......................Before being admitted to the hospital on Wednesday, Princess Kiko will meet her daughter Princess Mako at their residence in Tokyo upon the young princess's return the same day from Vienna, Austria, where she was staying for summer holidays..........................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060815/kyodo/d8jgpang0.html

Pregnant Princess Kiko to enter hospital today

Princess Kiko will be admitted to a Tokyo hospital today in preparation for the birth of her third child, a possible heir to the Chrysanthemum throne, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday. This marks the first time a member of the Imperial family is to be born at a private hospital........................The long hospital stay aims to avoid maternal hemorrhaging in the early stages of the birth and to ensure the princess is comfortable, the agency said........................
http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200608160147.html

Last edited:
wow, let's expect for a girl!
I wanna see Aiko as Empress one day! (well, I don't think I'll live that long but you get my point;) )

i don't mean to be mean. . . but i also hoped for a girl too.

grevinnan said:
I am willing to wager anything on that it will be a boy. Doctors are perfectly capable of impregnating anyone with a sex of choice. She would have no reason to have another girl.

I agree with you and the family may already know the sex of the child. But, why is she in the hospital if the baby isn't due until September? Is she having complications?

And, well, I guess I'll have to say what I want, too-----------GIRL!!!:)

HRH Kimetha -- yes, she does have a medical concern: placenta previa. I do find it interesting that the IHA is releasing so much information to the press about her condition, though. I can't help wondering if they are trying to build sympathy for her prior to the delivery of this baby (IMO a boy) because they know many people do wish for Aiko to ascend the throne. Just my opinion -- any ideas from others?

Emily said:
HRH Kimetha -- yes, she does have a medical concern: placenta previa. I do find it interesting that the IHA is releasing so much information to the press about her condition, though. I can't help wondering if they are trying to build sympathy for her prior to the delivery of this baby (IMO a boy) because they know many people do wish for Aiko to ascend the throne. Just my opinion -- any ideas from others?

The IHA also gave out a lot of information when Masako was pregnant with Aiko. ( Even now they release information such as Aiko will be absent from Kindergarten as she's got a sore throat, in medical terminology!) When Masako went into labour there was a photo of her entering the hospital in the grounds of the Imperial Palace. It seems that pregnancy and birth and the medical state of the Japanese royals is made quite public. ( The public also got a lot of detail of the Emperor's prostate cancer treatment)

Expectant Kiko Is Taken To Hospital

EXPECTANT KIKO IS TAKEN TO HOSPITAL

16 AUGUST 2006

Princess Kiko of Japan was admitted to a Tokyo hospital on Wednesday in preparation for the eagerly-awaited birth of her third child expected next month. Traditionalists in the Asian country hope the 39-year-old royal - who is married to Akishino, Emperor Akihito's second son - will produce a male heir to the Chrysanthemum throne.

There's more to the article in:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/08/16/princesskiko/

(Hope I'm not breaking any rule, if I am, feel free to edit this, I already read the rules and everything but I can't seem to remember them all, sorry!):flowers:

Last edited:
So now It won't take long until the new baby is born.
I hope for a girl, too! :rolleyes:

I don't mena to be mean either, but I hope for a healthy baby GIRL!!!
Aiko should be the next Empress!!!!!

I wish a safe delivery for Princess Kiko, hope the child, whether a boy (though I also love Princess Aiko very much) or a girl, will be healthy.

Charlotte -- do you know if people besides the Imperial family use the hospital on the grounds of the Palace?

My best wishes to the Princess for a safe delivery of a healthy baby- hopefully a little girl!!!

And if the IHA knows that the baby is a boy, why haven't they said so? Why all the suspense??? I would think they'd shout it to the heavens- it is a boy, no female Empress for Japan nyah nyah nyah :p

Knowing Akishino's views on concubines, I wouldn't be surprised if there were half a dozen or so concubines delivering at the same time as Kiko and the odds are one of them would certainly deliver a boy. Pull a switch and you have a new heir! :sick:

Emily said:
Charlotte -- do you know if people besides the Imperial family use the hospital on the grounds of the Palace?

Staff of the Imperial Household Agency also use the IHA hospital in the palace grounds.

I can only imagine the stress this lady is going through regarding both the health of her pregnancy and providing a male heir to the throne. If she should have a girl, I can imagine the resentment and anger of the traditionalists that want a baby boy and may even become mad at her even though nature helps that along. As much I would like a girl again, I hate to see her go through the rest of her life really she let the family and country down. Too much to bear for her.

Mandy said:
Knowing Akishino's views on concubines, I wouldn't be surprised if there were half a dozen or so concubines delivering at the same time as Kiko and the odds are one of them would certainly deliver a boy. Pull a switch and you have a new heir! :sick:

Has Akishino expressed a favorable view to the use of concubines? I hadn't read that. I certainly hope that is not the case here even though we have really not been privileged to photos of the pregnant Kiko!

I don't know why but since few years I can't find any reason to start to like these two.

Mandyy said:
wouldn't be surprised if there were half a dozen or so concubines delivering at the same time as Kiko and the odds are one of them would certainly deliver a boy.
Or Imagine possibility: Kiko's not really pregnant but one of his possible concubines - about which exist we doesn't know, and one of them give a birt to a baby-boy and after that thay will say that Kiko've done that.

Question about posibilities: What If he has few concubines and f.ex. few of them will give a birth to a boys but they'will need only one - what will happen with the others?

Last edited:
I don't remember Prince Akishino publically stating that his brother should take a concubine, but he did once attack his brother that he found it disgracefull that the Crown Prince had spoken so openly about his wife's problems adjusting without any notice to the Emperor, the Empress and the rest of the Imperial Family. I do however seem to remember that he did once suggest that his brother should divorce Masako in order to marry someone else.

A nephew or uncle of the Crown Prince did suggest that the Crown Prince should take a concubine, but unfortunatly I've seem to have forgotten his name.

Back to Kiko's baby then: I'm hoping for a girl, but I still fear it's going to be a boy. I'm a firm believer in the theory that this is an IVF-baby. How else explain the timing of the pregnancy? Why was the pregnancy announced just as the prime minister wanted to take the first steps in order to allow Aiko to become Empress? Why hadn't they tried to conceive another baby sooner after the birth of their youngest daughter?
I guess we will know soon enough...

Fie said:
I'm a firm believer in the theory that this is an IVF-baby. How else explain the timing of the pregnancy? Why was the pregnancy announced just as the prime minister wanted to take the first steps in order to allow Aiko to become Empress? Why hadn't they tried to conceive another baby sooner after the birth of their youngest daughter?

I don't have an opinon if it's an IVF baby or not. That's just something that I don't think we'll ever know.

However, just because this baby comes years after the arrival of their youngest daugther doesn't necessarily mean that the baby had to been conceived via fertility treatments. There are many reasons why a baby is born years after its other siblings. Consider Constantine and Anne-Marie of Greece who have admitted called their youngest children, Theodora and Phillippos "after thought" kids. Theodora was born in the early eighties while Nikolaos was born in the late sixties -- that is more than 10 years between the siblings. But I've never read that Anne-Marie conceived her youngest children via fertility treatments.

Fie said:
I don't remember Prince Akishino publically stating that his brother should take a concubine, but he did once attack his brother that he found it disgracefull that the Crown Prince had spoken so openly about his wife's problems adjusting without any notice to the Emperor, the Empress and the rest of the Imperial Family. I do however seem to remember that he did once suggest that his brother should divorce Masako in order to marry someone else.

It seems more than coincidence that he publicly sided with the IHA against his brother, his wife gets pregnant, the announcement of the pregnancy is made with a discrepancy between how far along she was and the expected birth date, and then some complication happens which doesn't require immediate attention but does require a caesarean delivery which means we'll never know when the real due date was. And that the Crown Princess has been let out of the country for the first time in years, just when this complication means that the birth will be taking place while the Crown Prince and his family are safely out of the way so there'll be no focus on them and it'll all be on the next little heir.

A nephew or uncle of the Crown Prince did suggest that the Crown Prince should take a concubine, but unfortunatly I've seem to have forgotten his name.

That would have been Prince Tomohito.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/Nov/20051110News039.asp

Back to Kiko's baby then: I'm hoping for a girl, but I still fear it's going to be a boy. I'm a firm believer in the theory that this is an IVF-baby. How else explain the timing of the pregnancy? Why was the pregnancy announced just as the prime minister wanted to take the first steps in order to allow Aiko to become Empress? Why hadn't they tried to conceive another baby sooner after the birth of their youngest daughter?

Indeed we will, and I don't suppose many betting shops are taking long odds on it being a boy.

Akishino definitely did not make the statement that the crown prince should take a concubine. That statement was made in a newsletter by Prince Tomohito ( cousin of the Emperor) when he was stating his disagreement with changing the sucession laws. It was only the beginning of his sentence ( and naturally the only part that gets quoted as it's the most sensational!) the end of the sentence was that he said that in this day and age that was not socially acceptable. His solution was to reinstate the nobles who were disenfranchised after WW2. Things do change in the Imperial Family, Emperor Taisho ( the current emperor's grandfather) was the son of the Emperor and a concubine, tactfully called a 'lady in waiting'. The current Emperor's father Emperor Hirohito was urged to take a concubine in the 1930s after his wife had given birth to 4 daughters, he refused. The Empress then went on to give birth to 2 sons and another daughter, 7 children in all.

Akishino was critical with his brother that he went public with Masako's problems but that also was to do with the attitude "you don't discuss your problems publically" the Imperial Family are always to be quietly in the background and not newspaper fodder.

As far as the timing of Naruhito and Masako being out of the country, that has more to do with Japanese holiday season. Around the festival of O-Bon ( Aug 15th) Japanese get a week's holiday, M & N are holidaying when it's the Japanese holiday season. They didn't leave until Aug 16th as Naruhito went and paid his respects to his ancestors for O-Bon, photos have been posted by mandyy in the Naruhito thread. ( it's the festival honouring your ancestors. Like the catholic 'All Souls Day' where people visit family grave sites) Their trip to The Netherlands and the dates were announced before the news that Kiko was going into hospital. The original hospital date for Kiko was Sept 8th and at that time N & M would have been back in Japan. Kiko couldn't have gone into hospital earlier as her daughter Mako didn't come back to Japan from her Austrian Homestay until Aug. 16th.

Last edited:
Emily said:

mandyy has already answered this question. I'll just add a bit about the hospital. It's expensive to run. In a book by Yohei Mori into the costs of the Imperial Family published in 2003, he writes that the $2million dollar clinic has 8 medical departments, a staff of 42 and averages only 28 visitors a day! Basically staff.

It seems now-a-days if the condition of the Imperial Family member is serious they go to a general hospital in Tokyo, not the one in the grounds of the Imperial Palace. Emperor Akihito was treated for prostate cancer at St Luke's International Hospital, so I think his cousin Prince Tomohito recently for throat cancer. Princess Takamatsu ( elderly aunt) died at St Luke's International hospital. Kiko I've noticed has entered a regular hospital for her baby's caesarian birth, her daughters I'm pretty sure were born at the palace hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom