Princess Kiko is Pregnant for the 3rd time

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
magnik said:
Only hypothetical questions: what if it will be a boy and will be born seriously ill or will fall ill after birth? I know that with today medicine it's not really possible , and the IHA had done everything that would never happen but never knows. What will happen and what with the succsession?

Good question. I assume that if serious problems had been detected at any time during the pregnancy, a "miscarriage" would have occurred. But if a boy is born and then has problems that are only detected after birth, who knows what would happen? The current emperor's grandfather, Emperor Taisho, is supposed to have been physically and mentally handicapped after a childhood infection (encephalitis or meningitis or something), but he still became emperor and his son became regent when the emperor was too far gone to even be a ruler in name only.

I wonder whether they're still in the same mentality that a damaged boy would be preferable to a healthy girl.

Course, I guess we're just assuming that this baby is going to be a boy. We could all just be being far too cynical and it could end up being another girl.

Princess Kiko may require Caesarean section: agency
.....................The agency said Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko were surprised to learn of the princess's symptoms although the princess and her husband Prince Akishino, the emperor's younger son, took the news calmly. Prince Akishino was quoted as telling doctors, "I trust the medical team, so I sincerely hope you take good care of (my wife)," while Princess Kiko said she is aware of the importance of getting rest for the sake of her baby, according to the agency.............................
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060718/kyodo/d8iubl5g1.html

Kyodo news reported that the baby may be born in early or mid-September.

Emily said:
I agree, Elspeth. I think there is alot of press manipulation going on here. I will not be the least bit surprised if this baby is born while CPN and CPM are in the Netherlands. A C-section is a convenient way to get the baby "out" at an opportune time so the Crown Princely couple doesn't have to deal with the national glee over a boy. But I'm still hoping for a miracle -- a healthy little girl!

Oh yes,let it be a girl!!If it was just to deliver a chronic headache to the IHA nuthouse...

Elspeth said:
Good question. I assume that if serious problems had been detected at any time during the pregnancy, a "miscarriage" would have occurred. But if a boy is born and then has problems that are only detected after birth, who knows what would happen? The current emperor's grandfather, Emperor Taisho, is supposed to have been physically and mentally handicapped after a childhood infection (encephalitis or meningitis or something), but he still became emperor and his son became regent when the emperor was too far gone to even be a ruler in name only.

I wonder whether they're still in the same mentality that a damaged boy would be preferable to a healthy girl.

Course, I guess we're just assuming that this baby is going to be a boy. We could all just be being far too cynical and it could end up being another girl.

that is a very good point, especially given the controversy surrounding everything. After all this that the IHA has done and what imo are the extreme measure they will go , I really do hope the baby will be healthy and beautiful, but a girl!:)

Last edited:
Only what we can do at the moment is still wait, have a hope, guess and see what will happen in the near fututre...

Last edited:
Emily said:
I agree, Elspeth. I think there is alot of press manipulation going on here. I will not be the least bit surprised if this baby is born while CPN and CPM are in the Netherlands. A C-section is a convenient way to get the baby "out" at an opportune time so the Crown Princely couple doesn't have to deal with the national glee over a boy. But I'm still hoping for a miracle -- a healthy little girl!

I have a feeling there are many who are hoping for a girl!:)

I hope Kiko doesn't have any more complications and the baby is delivered safely. I'm still suspicious about how this came about but there's nothing I can do about it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....Japan might have a new Prince or Princess in just a matter of weeks!

I love Aiko dearly and I would like to see Empress Aiko one day, but I am not hoping for a girl.
I hopw Princess Kiko will deliver a healthy child and there will be no further complications and that the baby will be welcomed by the Family/people, regardless of the gender.
And I must admit that a part of myself is hoping for a boy (the part that favours and understands the importance of tradiotions). And another part (that adores Aiko) is hoping that they would still go on with succession reforms.
Safe delivery and safe baby - that's what matter right now, at least for me.

Last edited:
The media seem to have focussed on the sex of the baby but lets spare a thought for Kiko who will be in quite a bad way at the moment. Whether boy or girl, it will be a very close run thing as to whether this baby is developed enough to survive, let alone be made an heir. I hate to be pessimistic but all this could have a rather sad ending so let's spare a quick prayer for Princess Kiko and her baby - whatever sex he or she is.

Why do you want especially a girl? I hope Kiko could give birth to a healthy newborn, whichever his/her sex would be! I should like to see Kiko happy and in good health herself.

Vanesa.:)

Anyone has any idea how many months she actually has? I too have this suspicion that what is on the press has been prepared and they know the sex of the baby already. As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I won't be surprised if there was at least one back up imperial baby boy growing up in a concubine's belly ready for a quick switch over at the hospital.

The victims here are actually three ladies, Kiko, Masako and the little princess Aiko.

Last edited:
Toledo said:
Anyone has any idea how many months she actually has? I too have this suspicion that what is on the press has been prepared and they know the sex of the baby already. As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I won't be surprised if there was at least one back up imperial baby boy growing up in a concubine's belly ready for a quick switch over at the hospital.

The victims here are actually three ladies, Kiko, Masako and the little princess Aiko.

The sad thing is that even if it is the truth that Kiko suddenly got pregnant, that she really has that placenta-problem and really has to lie low for these last weeks and that she got a boy naturally - there will always be the doubt in those people who have gotten a feeling about what the IHA and the politicians in Japan are capable when it comes to preserving tradition.

They nearly broke Michiko and Masako, they are absolutely against a law that allows females on the throne, they only accept nobility passing through the male line etc. - is that in accord with Japan's society?

To be sure: I'm glad if Aiko will be spared. And I sincerely hope that the little "lovechild", if she is spared, will grow up to be an independent business woman, marry whoever she wants and maybe even becomes a politician fighting for human/female rights in Japan!:)

So - a boy for Kiko and Aiko for activist!

hopefully all turns out well. After all it's just a little baby and it's innocent. Maybe the IHA planned all this, maybe, but I don't want to assume anything I don`t know for sure. We will see how all this turns out.

Last edited:
Vanesa said:
Why do you want especially a girl? I hope Kiko could give birth to a healthy newborn, whichever his/her sex would be! I should like to see Kiko happy and in good health herself.

Vanesa.:)

Because I want them to get rid of this Prussian Salic Law Succession.

Jo of Palatine said:
The sad thing is that even if it is the truth that Kiko suddenly got pregnant, that she really has that placenta-problem and really has to lie low for these last weeks and that she got a boy naturally - there will always be the doubt in those people who have gotten a feeling about what the IHA and the politicians in Japan are capable when it comes to preserving tradition.

They nearly broke Michiko and Masako, they are absolutely against a law that allows females on the throne, they only accept nobility passing through the male line etc. - is that in accord with Japan's society?

To be sure: I'm glad if Aiko will be spared. And I sincerely hope that the little "lovechild", if she is spared, will grow up to be an independent business woman, marry whoever she wants and maybe even becomes a politician fighting for human/female rights in Japan!:)

So - a boy for Kiko and Aiko for activist!

They've had female monarchs in the past. Last one was Empress Go-Sakuramachi in the 1700s. They only barred women from the throne when they changed their system to match European ones. They used Prussia as a model I think.

Last edited:
I really think it will be a boy. Purely because of timing. Im also suspicious because of the age cap between Mako Kako and new sibling.If they had wanted a 3rd child why wait 11 years? I'm not against a boy, i wish for a happy baby, just find the events around the birth suspicious.
Ideally no matter what the sex ( even if it is a boy) The law will be changed for aiko to succeed. However this does not seem likely:(

Question: is there any good photo which showing good view of Kiko's belly - like it was in case of the other princesses?
(During this pregnancy I always saw her in loose jackets which doesn't good show her belly.)

Originally Posted by Toleda

Five, I'd say - I feel sorry for Mako and Kako, too.

crm2317 said:
I really think it will be a boy. Purely because of timing. Im also suspicious because of the age cap between Mako Kako and new sibling.If they had wanted a 3rd child why wait 11 years? ...

I am not at all suspicious because of the age gap. What does it matter why they decided to have the 3rd child? Maybe it was not planned at all or maybe they did want a child but didn't manage to have one during all those years... Hundreds of reason.
There is a 6 years age gap between me and my brother and 19 years age gap between my cousin and his sister.

Maybe, just maybe, what Princess Kiko is going through was meant to happen to Princess Masako and she probably refused to be part of this charade. I mean, both Kiko and Masako seem happy with their kids and Kiko does not look the type that would all of the sudden get pregnant when she already has older kids.
So, my suspicion is that the Imperial Household came up with the idea to force either one to get pregnant again, the laboratory way, Masako refused and became overpowered by depression, leaving Kiko as the next easy prey. In that way the I.H. gets an Imperial Princess to give them another chance for a boy and, and at the same time, remove the rebellious Masako and her family out of the way. Just think of it, the laws to make a revision in the succesion came to a halt the moment that Kiko's pregnancy was announced.
Too suspicious for me. Too convenient for them, the Imperial Household that is.

Their behind closed doors drama is worth a movie of the week.

Last edited:
I pray for a smooth and trouble free delivery for Pss Kiko and all goes well for both mother and child.

Although it is possible that this was an accidential pregnacy for Pss Kiko - however the odds are against it. I think the IH has too much a part to play in this and like most members, a part of me wish the baby is a boy - so Pss Kiko, Masako and Aiko are speared but a large part of me hope the baby would be a girl and won't that be a egg in the face for those horrid IH pple!

I know, those IHA people are monsters.

Plus what "male line" are they talking about? Back then, the female and male line were the same because of interbreeding between family members! LOL!

Eliza said:
I pray for a smooth and trouble free delivery for Pss Kiko and all goes well for both mother and child.

Although it is possible that this was an accidential pregnacy for Pss Kiko - however the odds are against it. I think the IH has too much a part to play in this and like most members, a part of me wish the baby is a boy - so Pss Kiko, Masako and Aiko are speared but a large part of me hope the baby would be a girl and won't that be a egg in the face for those horrid IH pple!

I have the feeling she probably thought she was done with her pregnancies- surprise ones do happen, but with such a large age gap between the kids, it makes me wonder how eager she was to comply with the IHA. I, too, hope the baby is a healthy one, whether it's a boy or a girl, but I wouldn't mind a girl, either :D. As a SE Asian female, I can honestly say that upholding tradition can be very hard to do sometimes in the face of modernity, and I truly feel for the female members of this imperial family.

Vanesa said:
and thats how it should be.

First, I hope for a safe and healthy delivery for both mother and child.

That being said, this entire pregnancy has been unorthodox. I firmly believe that Kiko is much further along that has been reported, the pregnancy artificially brought about and that the IHA made sure that it was a boy. Legal or not, the sex of a baby can most definitely be chosen. The IHA is facing a succession crisis of monumental proportions. It's fight or flight. The birth of this child regardless of it's sex will stir up a maelstrom of trouble for all concerned. A boy would mean that either Naruhito would be pressured to give up the throne in favor of his brother (sad for Naruhito's family) or have to adopt his new nephew (sad for Akishino's family). A girl (however unlikely) would step up the pressure on Aiko. I wouldn't be suprised if the laws of succession were changed in Aiko's favor with the express stipulation that she marry into one of the other Japanese royal lines and be forced into an arranged marriage.

Sorry, but why would Crown Prince Naruhito have to adopt his nephew (if Kiko's child is indeed a boy)? Or give up the throne in favour of his brother?
If he and Crown Princess Masako will not have children in future and the succession reform will not be forwarded, his brother, Prince Akishino will just succeed him. And will be succeeded by his son, when time will come.

Avalon said:
If he and Crown Princess Masako will not have children in future and the succession reform will not be forwarded, his brother, Prince Akishino will just succeed him. And will be succeeded by his son, when time will come.

Yes, this is my understanding also. The only reason I can see Naruhito abdicating if it is a boy is to spare his little family the pressures of the Imperial life since their line won't continue. But I do agree with kimebear that I think the actual due date is probably about a month earlier than they are saying -- which is why I think the baby will be born while the CP couple is in the Netherlands and I do have some questions about the placenta previa being true or an excuse for this "early" delivery. NOT that I underestimate how serious a condition that can be, because it can be serious. I just don't trust the IHA at all.

janos614 said:
I have the feeling she probably thought she was done with her pregnancies- surprise ones do happen, but with such a large age gap between the kids, it makes me wonder how eager she was to comply with the IHA. I, too, hope the baby is a healthy one, whether it's a boy or a girl, but I wouldn't mind a girl, either :D. As a SE Asian female, I can honestly say that upholding tradition can be very hard to do sometimes in the face of modernity, and I truly feel for the female members of this imperial family.

Yes, I agree, I feel for those women too. I am getting to understand more clearly now why CP Masako was reported hesitant to marry into that entire situation in the first place (even though that was a long time ago now).

Pss. Kiko and her husband, I read, have been married for over 16 years now, is that right?

When Naruhito is the Emperor. He can request a change in the succession. And respect for the "Tenno" is a must, especially for politicians, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom