Princess Kiko is Pregnant for the 3rd time

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Aiko and Mako and Kako - to be overlooked because they were born as the ''wrong'' sex.:( This is really infuriating to me!:mad:

I think there is still a chance the baby is a girl Does anybody know if the test and sonagrams are 100% acurate? I also have wondered even why did they just stil with 2 girls and now have a change to get a boy just for the throne I feel like Princess Aiko is being cheated.:(

With every natural conception (assuming this one is), there is always 50/50 chance of a female or a male, regardless of the sex(es) of the child(ren) previously. We've always been told that conception "has no memory". It is purely independent of what happened before.

I just find the timing of her pregnancy very, very suspicious. I hope everything turns out well for Princess Kiko because this situation could have the potential for her to suffer like Crown Princess Masako.

I would have liked to see Princess Aiko as the female Emperor (Empress has a different connotation). There is still a chance that she would be; all is not lost.

I hope Princess Kiko's pregnancy progresses healthily and that she has a smooth labor. Her advanced maternal age would put her in the higher risk category, but I hope she and her child turn out well.

Girl please

Congratulations to the Prince and Princess.

I hope it's a nice healthy baby GIRL.

Warren said:
A bit off topic, but in context... Up until the time of the Meiji Restoration the Emperor was a virtual house-prisoner of the Shogun. Nothing much has changed. In effect the Emperor and the Imperial Family appear to be firmly under the control of the dead hand of the Imperial Household Agency.

The Crown Prince seems to be a very nice person, but he has not been able to enlist the help of the Emperor in breaking the power of the IHA to protect his wife. Those of us who remember the wedding will recall the high hopes and optimisim that Masako brought when entering the Imperial House. Instead she appears to have been destroyed, and is now a shadow of her former vibrant self. A domestic tragedy played out in the shadows, with only public glimpses to give us an idea of the intense pressure Masako must have been subject to in trying to produce a male heir.

That is scary - i feel sorry for ALL the women in the Imperial Household how horrible for them to be treated or regarded as second class citizens. So sad what has happened to Masako. I think the only release for her would be divorce.

As for Princess Aiko - i hope its a girl because the IHA and Japanese government MUST reform the sucession laws!!!! If the IHA are hoping for a baby boy and that doesn't happen - what then eh? What about future generations - even if PA gives birth to a boy. This does not guarantee that say in the future something like what is happening now (with the sucession crises) will not happen again.

They really need to get into the 21st century and FAST!!!

CrownPrinceLorenzo said:

LOL!!!!!!!1
36_1_20.gif

I'm just about ready to bet serious money that it won't be. The way these dinosaurs are controlling things, I'm sure they know very well it isn't a girl. The pregnancy is about at the stage (assuming we haven't been misled about how many weeks along she is) where they know the gender; since this pregnancy is fairly obviously a response to the call for a succession change, it beggars belief that anything has been left to chance.

Gloriana said:
Poor Aiko and Mako and Kako - to be overlooked because they were born as the ''wrong'' sex.:( This is really infuriating to me!:mad:

well princesses Martha Louise, Ragnild and Astrid of Norway, Pilar, Elena and Cristina (and maybe even Leonor) of Spain, Margretha, Desiree Brigitte and Christina of Sweden etc etc had the same fate, not to many years ago. So it is not that strange. And with the IHA and all the pressure it might be fortunate for them to be overlooked ;)

CrownPrinceLorenzo said:

As I'm scrolling down the posts I saw yours and I had to burst into laughter! :D
you got one perfect sense of comedic timming! ;)

But seriously, the sad part in all of this is that Princess Kiko is going to have over her shoulders the same pressure that Princess Masako had to give birth to a boy. Every night she will go to sleep with the thought of a chauvinistic government making decisions on what her womb should have inside. Meanwhile the rest of Japan would prefer the first born to inherit the Throne, be it boy or girl.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
...I just find the timing of her pregnancy very, very suspicious. I hope everything turns out well for Princess Kiko because this situation could have the potential for her to suffer like Crown Princess Masako.

You got a point there! She is in her late 30's (39?) with older kids already. Makes me think if she was used as a back up plan all along in case Masako and her daugther were to be removed in one way or another. I wonder if Kiko got some help from a fertility clinic to become pregnant again, if she has more than one (twins, triplets?) that will be give away. But the timing is very suspicious.

Still, congratulations to the expecting couple!

Last edited:
those IHA people are just way toooooooooooo closed-minded!!! (But.....that's sort of what asians people think at least from the past that they prefer boys than girls....I was sort of the disappointment for my grandmother when i was born cuz i am a GIRL! --> that really sucked!) I have always hoped that i was a boy instead....cuz i would have been treated way differently!

People just sometimes cannot change their mind about this male is better than girls thing when i comes to the heir ( or heir that can continue ur branch of family name thing) The IHA people is just a bunch of ancient-minded people who are craving for a baby BoY! they are just simply "crazy" i think....

I really sincerely hope that it's a GIRL....GIRL POWERS!!!!! ^.^

I'm glad you are not bitter anymore.

Technology

Toledo, it's a test tube baby! And the gender has been chosen already!

Okay maybe I'm being silly, but they are in Japan, they have giant robots already! ASIMO anyone?

Imagine, the most technologically advanced nation in the face of the Earth and in the history of the World and still, a woman's right is still behind a man's. I'm a guy, and I'm disgusted. :mad:

Speaking of being a guy, got to log off and get into the kitchen to cook dinner for the family and cat :eek:

Bye for now :p

Toledo said:
Imagine, the most technologically advanced nation in the face of the Earth and in the history of the World and still, a woman's right is still behind a man's. I'm a guy, and I'm disgusted. :mad:

Speaking of being a guy, got to log off and get into the kitchen to cook dinner for the family and cat :eek:

Bye for now :p

Damn, I can't cook lol. Later!

Between the timing of the pregnancy and the earliness of the announcement, it's quite easy to think that this was intentional to prevent the proposed succession reforms from taking place. I realize we don't know what took place behind the scenes, but the mere possibility that gender manipulation could have taken place, IMO, blows me away. While I am sure that the baby - whether it is a boy or girl - will be loved by his/her parents, the thought alone that some rigid bureaucrats could go to such lengths to prevent a little, innocent girl from become empress one day is very, very sad. While I hope Kiko's child is a girl, I fear for the backlash mother and child would experience from the IHA.

Originally Posted by Marengo
well princesses Martha Louise, Ragnild and Astrid of Norway, Pilar, Elena and Cristina (and maybe even Leonor) of Spain, Margretha, Desiree Brigitte and Christina of Sweden etc etc had the same fate, not to many years ago. So it is not that strange. And with the IHA and all the pressure it might be fortunate for them to be overlooked ;)

Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right. Besides, this is 2006, not 1936. If a country wants to be seen as a progressive and democratic, with equal rights for all, including between males and females, then it only makes sense that the royals, the very 'symbols' of the nation should have this equality.

I do agree with one thing, though: I would not wish to be a Japanese royal.:p

Gloriana said:
Maybe so, but that doesn't make it right. Besides, this is 2006, not 1936. If a country wants to be seen as a progressive and democratic, with equal rights for all, including between males and females, then it only makes sense that the royals, the very 'symbols' of the nation should have this equality.

I do agree with one thing, though: I would not wish to be a Japanese royal.:p

What surprises me is that the public isn't even as strongly behind the idea of Aiko's eventual succession as it once was. I think change would have to start at the royal level for the rest of that society to transform, as well.

What surprises me is that the public isn't even as strongly behind the idea of Aiko's eventual succession as it once was. I think change would have to start at the royal level for the rest of that society to transform, as well.

That's basically what I wrote in the Reform of Imperial Succession-thread. It has to start somewhere.:)

Again, Asians view tradition as something sacred and something to be preserved. Your past has a significant bearing on your future.

Now, I'm not Japanese but Filpino, but I think the main reason that the majority of Japanese were in favor of the reform before the news of Kiko's pregnancy, was because there was no choice. They didn't want to resurect the eliminated branches of the royal family nor bring back the tradition of having concubines. Since Aiko was there when there was no other alternative, then they would back a female Emperor. However, now that there's a chance to preserve the tradition with a male Emperor, they'll take that chance.

Well, Congrats to the couple. A baby is always a source of joy. So here's wishing them a happy and sweet baby girl.

First of all, congratulations to the Prince & Princess. I hope they have a healthy baby, regardless of gender.
Second, the IHA is in dire need of lessons in basic biology. Masako did not fail to have a son, Naruhito failed to give her one. And the same with the younger brother & his two daughters.
Third, I would not be surprised if Masako was to feel relief in the event Kiko has a son- the burden of being Crown Princess has almost destroyed Masako, so she might feel relieved that her own little girl would be spared the burden of being the future Empress. Thus Aiko could live a somewhat more normal life.
Fourth, I think the IHA should be abolished, and its members never allowed anywhere near the Imperial family ever again. I thought the British "grey men" were awful, but they've got nothing on this bunch.

BMC...I totally agree with your comment regarding the IHA and the British "grey men". Isn't it funny that the people protecting and working for the royals are sometimes more "royal" than the Royal themselves?! :)

And your right, the IHA is in need of a basic biology lessons. Apparently, they think women have all the power in determing the sex of a baby but don't have the common sense to rule a country. How crazy is that?!

agisele said:
It's actually not legal for parents to choose the sex of their child and from what I read in the papers today.
Well, very often we found that no law is above (what they cassify/call as) a nation emergency situation. I am still hoping that many Japanese keep rally for the reformation. Honestly, it gives me a sad by knowing that female (still) has been treath like that:(.

I've heard from my Japanese friend that women are really treated as second class and when trying to find a job, never given the better positions as the mgmt (all males) feel it's a waste of time cos women are suppose to get married and hve babies....

Japan has a very conversative and old fashion culture and i don't think if Pss Kiko's baby is a boy, they'll con't wif the reformation, as it is, they're already dropping the subject of reformation.

As much as we all detest the IHA and it's the culture of that country and it'll never change - or at least not for a very long time.

Weekly magazine Shukanjosei features Princess Kiko's pregnancy
#1:www.shufu.co.jp

Attachments

• woman060228_l.jpg
    woman060228_l.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2,853
I really hope Princess Kiko's baby is a boy. I don't want to see the succession law changed just because the Crown Princess cannot produce an heir. This is tradition down the drain. It should be an Emperor on the throne. The succession law should only be changed if there is no choice.

I have often wondered: does Masako suffer from infertility, or does her husband?
From reading translated articles on various royal boards, the "blame" seems to fall on Masako, but I wonder if that is because it is taboo to "blame" or criticize the heir to the throne????

Namie said:
I really hope Princess Kiko's baby is a boy. I don't want to see the succession law changed just because the Crown Princess cannot produce an heir. This is tradition down the drain. It should be an Emperor on the throne. The succession law should only be changed if there is no choice.

I'm sorry but this isn't the feudal era.

Also, you're wrong, there have been EIGHT reigning Empresses in the past. Two of them have reigned twice after admonishing a worthless Emperor!

They were powerful women!

Seriously, what is the big deal about being a boy over a girl? Has it ever occure to them that a child born between Masako and the Cp must have higher IQ than the rest? Well apprently they do not give a damn about high IQ women in that country-I also think PKiko must be so eager to bore a boy just to outdo Masako, since she and her hus seem soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
happy, regardless of the long time suffering of their sis-in-law`s condition.

Frankly I am appalled that a big, influential, country like Japan with a powerful economy and society would be so timid around a reform like this.

This boils down to FEAR of change. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom