Princess Kiko is Pregnant for the 3rd time

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to her!

I do hope however that the reform of the succession to the throne will indeed really continue (as it has been said) and pass soon. I wish that Crown Princess Masako will be able to find some peace of mind, and doesn't get too distressed by this news.

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!

Now that Kiko is pregnant, not only the Japanese royal family is happy...the most happy people should be the IHA! Now that they can wish the baby will be a boy and that they can have a male heir in the future!

But.....i really do hope that the succession law be changed to first born regradless of sex....so we can see a Empress in the future!

Princess Kiko's pregnancy likely to intensify succession debate
Princess Kiko, the wife of Emperor Akihito's second son Prince Akishino, is pregnant, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday in an announcement almost certain to add a new twist to a national debate over whether to allow females to ascend Japan's imperial throne.
Agency chief Shingo Haketa announced the news at a press conference, saying officially that the princess had ''shown signs of pregnancy.'' According to agency sources, Princess Kiko, who had an ultrasound Tuesday morning, is about six weeks pregnant and is expected to give birth in September or October.
The news comes at a time when the government of Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi is planning to submit a bill to revise the Imperial House Law amid concerns over a possible succession crisis in the world's oldest hereditary monarchy, given that no male heir has been born into the imperial family since 1965......................
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=228821

Princess Kiko pregnant
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/news/20060207p2a00m0na025000c.html

Japanese stocks lower, dollar down vs. yen
................Among gainers were makers of baby goods, which jumped following afternoon news reports that Japan's Princess Kiko is pregnant. Kiko - the wife of Emperor Akihito's second-eldest son - was due to give birth in the fall, Japanese news reports said. Combi Corp., a maker of baby toys and goods, surged 10 percent to 859 yen ($7.22); Pigeon Corp., a maker of baby diapers and foods, rose 5 percent to 1,770 yen ($14.87) and Wakodo Co., a maker of baby milk and skin care goods, climbed almost 10 percent to 4,790 yen ($40.25).....................
http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/24hour/business/story/3143071p-11850646c.html

Baby #3 on the way for Princess Kiko
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/07/princesskiko/

Princess Kiko is in her 6 weeks of pregnancy and she will probably give birth to her 3rd child in late September of early October this year.

Photo from her recent outing on Jan 27, 2006.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=225481&d=1138356564

Last edited:
i just noticed this now....that Princess Kiko's daugthers are 14 and 11 years old which later this year will become 12 and 15 years old...what a difference between the first and second daughter and the third baby!

Is her husband the one who publically said that he is against the succession change. Congrats to Kiko but I do hope the succession change continues.

I don't know what to think:confused:

On the one side I'm happy about the new baby. But on the other hand I feel sorry for CPss Masako.
If princess Kiko give a birth to a boy she will be this better - a mother of the future emperor (or maybe she will be the future empress? who knows).
But Masako... As a Crown Princess she don't produce a future emperor what she should do! but only a girl. I don't think - I hope that I'm wrong, that she will find some peace of mind, and doesn't get too distressed by this news and this what the future bring (boy or a girl).

I am surprised that they have released this news so quickly. She still has six more weeks to pass until her first trimester ends. The possiblity of miscarriage stills exists during the first trimester. Best wishes to the royal couple and their new baby.

6 weeks is pretty early to announce a pregnancy, at least compared to say the Danish or Spanish royal families with the much anticipated babies of Mary and Letizia. Is it normal for the Imperial Household Agency to announce earlier than Europe? Or was this pregnancy specially announced early?

Royalty Says Princess Kiko Is Pregnant
TOKYO - Princess Kiko is pregnant, the Imperial Household Agency said Tuesday, raising the possibility of the first male heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne in 40 years.
The announcement comes as the government considers a plan to allow women to assume the throne for the first time in two centuries in a bid to avert a succession crisis. Kiko's husband, Prince Akishino, is second in line to the throne.
Agency chief Shingo Haketa said both Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko were delighted by the news of Kiko's pregnancy..........................
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_on_re_as/japan_imperial_succession_2

#1-3,6: ANP-Pedestrians get extra edition of newspapers reporting the pregnancy of Japanese Princess Kiko, wife of the Emperor's second son Prince Akishino at downtown Tokyo, 07 February 2006. The Imperial Household Agency confirmed the pregnancy of Princess Kiko, 39, who has two daughters, throwing a sudden question mark over controversial moves to end male-only succession in the world's oldest monarchy.
#4: AP-Passersby look at a huge video screen flashing Japanese Princess Kiko in a newscast in Osaka, western Japan, Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2006.
#5: JIJI press
#7: Reuters
#8: Asahi news
#9: TBS news-News reporters gathering in front of the gate to Prince Akishino's residence

Attachments

• 2366715.jpg
    2366715.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 2366716.jpg
    2366716.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 777
  • 2366720.jpg
    2366720.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 418
  • capt.tok80102071116.japan_imperial_succession_tok801.jpg
    capt.tok80102071116.japan_imperial_succession_tok801.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,174
  • 20060207-04237497-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    20060207-04237497-jijp-soci-view-001.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 2370334.jpg
    2370334.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 570
  • r581125037.jpg
    r581125037.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,162
  • TKY200602070542.jpg
    TKY200602070542.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 20060207-00000055-jnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    20060207-00000055-jnn-soci-thumb-000.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
I hope the new baby is a girl - that would show the stupid IHA!:mad:

Besides, the law should be reformed, regardless.

While I am happy that Princess Kiko is expecting and I wish her the best in her pregnancy. I do feel for Crown Princess Masako...talk about pressure\ if your sister in law produces a male heir. And what if Kiko has a girl...instead of blaming the Princess of Japan..they should put the blame on the Princes who aren't producing the right chromosomes :)

I think this pregnancy was carefully planned by Akishino, who is against the succesion change.

I hope this baby is a girl.

Congratulations to the couple, their families, and Japan!

IMHO-The law should be reformed, regardless of whether this child is a boy or girl.

Congratulations to her!
Although I think that it's foolish that they're delaying in changing the constitution just because this child "could" be a boy.

Congrats to the family. Let's hope this eases the pressure off of the Crown Princess a little bit.

I wonder if the traditionalists will use this as an excuse to bypass the Crown Prince's daughter. And will poor Masako think that she has failed?

I feel sorry for Masako. After all this trouble and now all of sudden she decides to have a baby again. Isnt her husband the one who publicaly said he was against the succession changes. A bit suspicious. Im sure he would love to have his son become emporer. The law still needs to be changed and hopefully before the birth of this child.

Princejohnny25 said:
I feel sorry for Masako. After all this trouble and now all of sudden she decides to have a baby again. Isnt her husband the one who publicaly said he was against the succession changes. A bit suspicious. Im sure he would love to have his son become emporer. The law still needs to be changed and hopefully before the birth of this child.

Her husband Prince Akishino iis not the one who said he was against the succession changes in public. It's Prince Tomohito of Mikasa who said he was against the succession changes. Prince Tomohito is a cousin of Emperor Akihito.

I hope it's a girl. I don't think it's fair for Aiko for them to scrap or pause plans for succession law reform while waiting for this baby to be born.

Either that, or I hope they pass new succession laws before this baby's born.

Preparation for Princess Kiko's childbirth begins
The Imperial Household Agency has begun preparation activities for Princess Kiko's childbirth, which is expected this fall, such as by installing a nursery at her palace in Tokyo's Akasaka district, agency officials said Wednesday.
The agency also plans to select a nurse to attend to the 39-year-old princess, the wife of Emperor Akihito's younger son, Prince Akishino, the officials said.......................
http://home.kyodo.co.jp/modules/fstStory/index.php?storyid=228901

Princess Kiko pregnant / Royal couple expecting birth of 3rd child in autumn
.................According to the officials, Princess Kiko, 39, underwent an ultrasound examination Tuesday after she showed signs of pregnancy. The examination detected the embryo's heartbeat. If everything goes well,the child is expected to be born in late September.
"Princess Kiko underwent an examination today, and apparently she has shown signs of pregnancy. We shall make an official announcement at a later date when the time is right," agency chief Shingo Haketa said at a press conference at the agency Tuesday evening....................
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/columns/advice/20060208TDY01005.htm

Princess Kiko pregnant; baby due in the autumn
.....................Fumihito hinted at the possibility of having another child at a news conference marking his birthday in 2002, saying, "I get the impression that the daughters want to care for a sister or a brother."
At his 2003 news conference, he said, "The situation is the same as last year.".....................................In December 2003, when Toshio Yuasa was serving as grand steward of the Imperial Household Agency, he said, "Prince Fumihito may have his own ideas, but from the standpoint of wanting prosperity of the imperial family, I'd like them to have another child."
http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200602080184.html

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up for me manddy. Its still suspicious to me. Why after all these years and at that age all of a sudden decide to have children and announce it so early before parliament decides to change anything. I do hope its a girl. The Imperial Household needs major reform and a change to succession is a start.

don't get me wrong - i'm really happy that they're expecting another child and wish them all the best but i just can't help but wonder if this is all a last ditch effort to produce a male heir to the throne? I mean the woman is 39yrs and there's been no words that she's been trying for a 3rd child, her youngest is in her early teens....you just got to wonder????

Prince Akishino was critical of Prince Naruhito when he stood up for his wife against the IHA. It seems he believes that the system is more important than the health and welfare of the people in it.

I wonder how Princess Kiko feels about this pregnancy so long after the birth of her last child. The IHA said a while ago that one way out of this succession problem would be for Kiko to have another baby; I knew the IHA had a lot of influence over the royal family, but this is bordering on the sinister.

Kunaicho (Imperial Household Agency) announced this on their official website

文仁親王(秋篠宮)妃殿下に関しての宮内庁長官記者会見要旨
 文仁親王妃殿下には,本日,拝診の結果,ご懐妊の兆候がおありになるとのことであります。
 本日,このことについて,思いがけない形で報道がなされましたが,これは,妃殿下が,山階鳥類研究所の会議のために千葉県にお出まし中の文仁親王殿下に,拝診の結果をご報告になる時間さえない時点で行われたもので,妃殿下にお与えした動揺やご負担を考えると,極めて残念に思わざるを得ません。
 文仁親王殿下から天皇皇后両陛下,皇太子同妃両殿下に直接ご報告をなさったとうかがっておりますが,両陛下には,ここに久々に皇室が再びお小さい宮様をお迎えになることをお聞きになり,心よりお喜びのご様子でございました。

本日は,とりあえず,以上のことをお話しますが,後日,その時期が来れば,正式に発表いたします。それまでの間,文仁親王妃殿下が静かにお過ごしになれるよう,配慮されることが極めて大切であると思っております。 
平成18年2月7日:宮内庁​

Can someone translate this for the royal forum members?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom