Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there are more pix coming for his birthday (on the 6th of September I think)

Princess Kiko, the wife of Prince Akishinonomiya who is the younger brother of the Crown Prince, appreciated the documentary movie titled "The Eye Contact", which focuses on the activities of the Deaf women soccer team, in the hall located in Minato Ward, Tokyo on September 4.

Princess Kiko talked with the teammates who appeared in the movie and the coach in sign language. She has used the sign language since her college days. - Full article DeafJapan.blogspot

Thanks for the update!:flowers:
It is great that Princess Kiko knows the sign language.

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko visited the Mainichi's Osaka headquarters on November 2nd 2010 to inspect the editorial office and printing room of the "Tenji Mainichi" (Braille Mainichi), a weekly braille newspaper with a history of nearly 90 years. - Mainichi Daily

Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko attended a ceremony in Tokyo on November
21, 2010, to commemorate the eighth anniversary of the death of Prince
Takamado.

** Pic **

Once I heard that in Japan is quite common or normal that most men are darkening their hair in order to show youth and power.

I think he looks better with grey hair myself... but that's just my opinion :D

On the occasion of Prince Akishino new pictures of the family have been released:

Prince Akishino poses for a photo with his wife Princess Kiko and their children,
Princess Mako, Princess Kako and Prince Hisahito in the Akasaka Imperial Palace
compound in this handout photo taken in Tokyo November 7, 2010. Akishino,
second son of Emperor Akihito, turned 45 on November 30.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

Prince Akishino speaks at a press conference with his wife Princess Kiko on
Nov. 22, 2010, at their residence in Tokyo ahead of his 45th. The prince
said the imperial family should search for a way of being best suited to the
times.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Such a pleasure to get fresh pix of Hisahito ! He is so cute !

Member of DIET must be punished for insulting the Akishinos

Three opposition parties submitted a motion to the Diet on Dec. 1, seeking punishment for a senior ruling party lawmaker who allegedly told Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko to sit down during a ceremony to celebrate the 120th anniversary of the establishment of the Diet earlier this week. - Mainichi

LPD to censure Nakai for ordering royals to sit down. - Japan Times

:previous:
Were the protocol rules broken?

Thanks for the photos!:flowers:
Princess Kiko looked amazing recently.

Since the other members of the DIET called Nakai's actions 'extremely rude' I believe the protocol rules were broken by Nakai.
More at Wall Street Journal and AFP

Thanks for clarifying the situation!:flowers:
An official apology is in order. One should control his/her temper and remain polite.

Last edited:
Princess Kiko's 'Tree of Hope' for refugees

The Christmas "Tree of Hope" was set aglow in Tokyo's Marunouchi district on December 7th 2010 by Princess Kiko and a group of schoolchildren to show support for refugee kids worldwide suffering in conflicts and hardship. - Japan Times

TIH the Prince and the Princess to visit Costa Rica

The Japanese Embassy to Costa Rica has announced the first official visit of the Imperial family members to Costa Rica.
TIH the Prince and the Princess Akishino will visit the country at the end of January 2011 and meet the President Laura Chinchilla. The official visit will be dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the bilateral diplomatic ties. - Nacion.com

Once I heard that in Japan is quite common or normal that most men are darkening their hair in order to show youth and power.

Oh...What a coincidence! Here in my country is the same...and in almost every country I could visit! :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

Prince and Princess Akishino Visit to Costa Rica (January 24 - February 1, 2011)

Japan's Prince Akishino and his wife, Princess Kiko, will make an official visit to Costa Rica from January 24 to February 1, 2011, according to the Imperial Household Agency.
The
government approved the visit, which will be made at the invitation of the Central American country as Japan and Costa Rica celebrate the 75th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties this year.
According to the agency, it will be the first official visit to Costa Rica by members of the Imperial Family. The prince and princess are scheduled to attend a celebration party and pay a courtesy call on Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla. - Insidecostarica

TIH the Prince and Princess Akishino left Japan for Costa Rica

Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, and his wife Princess Kiko left Japan Monday for an official visit to Costa Rica as the first Japanese royal family members to visit the Central American country, the Imperial Household Agency said. - Japan Today

HIH the Princess Akishinonomiya Kiko visited the performance of Kyogen (Japanese Traditional Comic Drama) specially played in sign language for hearing-impaired people on 22nd January.
HIH Princess Kiko is fluent in sign language since she was a university student.
Source: Kyodo

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko on Wednesday made a courtesy call on Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla and conveyed a message from Emperor Akihito.
During the meeting, the couple and Chinchilla touched upon Costa Rica’s geothermal power generation, and Chinchilla expressed her expectations that the two countries will further enhance cooperation in the field of natural energy.- Japan Today

Costa Rican President Laura Chinchilla (L) walks next to Japanese Prince (C) and Princess Akishino (2nd-L) as presidential palace employees wave national and Japanese flags, upon their arrival at the presidential palace in SanJose, on January 26, 2011.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3**
**Pic 4** **Pic 5** **Pic 6**
**Pic 7** - credits Reuters, Getty via daylife

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko were given a tour of the orchid house
by official Franco Populin at the Lankester Botanical Garden near Cartago and
spoke to children at the School of Japan in San Jose, January 27, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** daylife ** belga gallery **

Nice pictures; they do look as if they are enjoying themselves.

Japan's Prince Akishino, the second son of Emperor Akihito, on Friday visited with children suffering with cancer, on the fifth day of his visit to the Central American nation.The prince and his wife, Princess Kiko, visited the National Children's Hospital and met with the facility director Orlando Urroz, who later told AFP the visit filled with him and his staff "with pride." - AFP

Princess Kiko looks so dainty with her white hat.

I think Kiko is more attractive than Masako.
I admit, I'm hoping she and her husband will be the ones who go to London for the royal wedding this spring; I'd like to see her there.

HIH the Prince Akishino scheduled to visit Thailand

On 7 February 2011, H.E. Mr. Seiji Kojima, Ambassador of Japan to Thailand, paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva at the Government House, on the occasion of his assuming the position.
The Prime Minister welcomed the Japanese Ambassador and praised long-standing and cordial relationship between Thailand and Japan.
The two countries will celebrate the 125th anniversary of relations in 2012. On this occasion, the Japanese Ambassador informed that H.I.H. Prince Akishino was scheduled to visit Thailand in March. - isria.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom