Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko Current Events Part 2: November 2006 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for the pictures of little Prince Hisahito and family. He is sooo adorable; I'd say he takes after his mother in looks. Hope the family enjoy their short vacation.

I also hope to see more interaction between the cousins other than the annual new year photoshoot and video.

Prince Akishino of Japan waves during an opening ceremony of the Nordic World Ski Championships in Sapporo northern Japan Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007.

Photo from AP via Yahoo

Kiko and her 3 children visited Empress Michiko at the Imperial Palace on March 10, 2007. They had lunch with the Emperor and Empress.

Video links of their car and van entering the palace.
FNN news
NNN news
ANN news

Prince Akishino of Japan (R) receives the honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Fisheries Science) during a ceremony at King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang in Bangkok, 22 March 2007. Prince Akishino is on eight-day visit to Thailand.

ANP Beeldbank

Thai Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont (R) shows the way to Prince Akishino of Japan (L) prior to a ceremony of conferment of an honorary degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Fisheries Science) at King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Ladkrabang in Bangkok, 21 March 2007

ANP Beeldbank

Prince Hisahito, carried by his mother Princess Kiko, arrives at the imperial farm in Takanezawa, North of Tokyo, Thursday, March, 29, 2007. Prince Akishino, Kiko and their three children, Princess Mako, Princess Kako and the baby prince, will stay at the farm with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Japan's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos
Yahoo! News Photo

fanletizia said:
Prince Hisahito, carried by his mother Princess Kiko, arrives at the imperial farm in Takanezawa, North of Tokyo, Thursday, March, 29, 2007. Prince Akishino, Kiko and their three children, Princess Mako, Princess Kako and the baby prince, will stay at the farm with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko

Yahoo! News Photo

thanks so much for the photos, he little prince is adorable, and the rest of the family?

Cute kid....seems he had grown a bit....thats one impressive head of hair..... seems to me that he dosen't look too happy while held by his mother in front of such a big crowd....does anybody get that feeling?....Will the Crown Princely family be joining them and the Emperor & Empress?

Last edited:
Prince Hisahito does look mighty serious. I wonder if there will be more photos similar to the ones of Aiko looking at the cows.

In general, little children doesn't like to be sourrounded by so many strangers. I think that Prince Hisahito is a lot like other little children. Yes...It looks kinda serious. :rolleyes: Poor thing!

Vanesa.

Maybe behaviour policy in the Imperial Family is to being serious...:rolleyes: ;) Yes. They doesn't smile very much.

Vanesa.

Video footage of Prince Akishino and his eldest daughter returning to Tokyo from their trip to Madagascar on Aug. 25, 2007.
The footage includes some clips from their trip.
FNN news

from what I can see from the video....this seems to be the first time the Princess is similing....

I didn't know that Indonesia and Japan had only 50 years of bi-lateral relationships...

Vanesa.:)

Photo released by the Imperial Household Agency 30 November 2007 shows Japan's Prince Akishino (2nd-R) smiling with his wife, Princess Kiko (L) and their children, Princess Mako (R), Princess Kako (2nd-L) and Prince Hisahito, as they stroll the Akasaka imperial estate where they live 18 November 2007. Akishino celebrates his 42nd birthday today

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Do the girls look so sad or is it just me? And what is with A's center hair part!

Hello magazine article about Ahishino's birthday
Warm family snaps of Japanese royals mark Akishino's birthday

large pics of the family included

Another interesting article
Japanese royal mum urges help for working women

Princess Kiko, mother of the first heir to the Japanese throne to be born in over 40 years, wants better support for women's efforts to juggle work and family.

Princess Kiko, 41, the wife of the Emperor's second son, gave birth last year to Prince Hisahito, third in line to the Chrysanthemum Throne. "I hope people will understand and give necessary support to better organise an environment where women can work while having a family and raising children, or come back to work after taking a break," Kiko told a news conference marking her husband's 42nd birthday on Friday..............
Japanese royal mum urges help for working women - Yahoo! India News

Akishino turns 42, says son walking
Prince Hisahito, who turned 1 on Sept. 6, has started taking a few steps on his own, said his father, Prince Akishino, Emperor Akihito's second son, who turned 42 on Friday.
Prince Hisahito "has started walking by himself and expanded his range of activities," Prince Akishino said at a press conference before his birthday.........
Akishino turns 42, says son walking | The Japan Times Online

Last edited:
Do the girls look so sad or is it just me? And what is with A's center hair part!
I don't think that I've ever seen the girls smiling in an "official" photo, casual or not. They always look so serious.

Princess Kiko is always a great working mother. I am very glad to see Prince Hisahito's healthy growth. I wish the family's prosperity.

News Video: http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye3757947.html

Direct translation by babel fish:

Fall the your Akishino husband and wife directed to the Indonesian official visit, before the 18 days noon, left the Narita Airport. Fall the Akishino husband and wife 11:30 AM before, being waived in the authorized personnel, directing to the Indonesian Djakarta, left the Narita Airport. This year it hits to the diplomatic relations establishment 50th anniversary of Japan and Indonesia, the husband and wife opens in Djakarta, besides the fact that it attends the opening ceremony of the "Japanese & Indonesian amicable year", it is the schedule which visits the ボロブドゥール temple and the like of ジョグジャカルタwhich is registered to worldwide heritage. Princess Kiko's overseas visit does and with with since giving birth of the eldest son, Hisahito, becomes new, but considering Princess Kiko's physical condition which presently continues remedy and medication with pain and the like of the left shoulder, also charge doctor has accompanied. As for the husband and wife it is the schedule which next week returns home on 25th. (18th Jan 2008, 13:57)

More photos of Prince Akishino and Princess Kiko from their visit in Indonesia

in Bogor, West Java-pics from and Reuters via Yahoo (Jan.21, 2008)
in the ancient city of Yogyakarta-pics from Reuters via Yahoo (Jan. 22, 2008)

Princess Kiko carrying her son Prince Hisahito arrives at an imperial ranch in Takanezawa, north of Tokyo, Friday, March 28, 2008. Prince Akishino and his wife Princess Kiko will stay at the ranch for a few days with their daughters, Princess Mako, Princess Kako, and the baby prince. They will be staying with the Emperor and Empress until March 30th when they all return to Tokyo together.

Photos from AP
2 : Japan's Princess Kiko and her son Prince Hisahito are greeted by the staff and their families upon arrival

Photo from mainichi news of the family

Princess Kiko looks great. Her complexion is perfect. I wish she wore more cool, clear colours that would complement her complexion. I am just curious whether anyone is privy to beauty secrets of Princess Kiko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom