The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-04-2021, 02:20 AM
Courtier

Yes, Weekly Bunshun is quite reliable, speaking from my own experience. (Sometimes I follow the Japanese celebrities, and if the gossips come from Bunshun, then I know it's mostly true .) Their reporting are always supported with many firsthand evidences, rather than based on "an anonymous source closed to somebody" like some other countries' publications. I don't know that they would cover imperial family though.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:20 AM
Commoner

Wow, W.Y.CII, you know a lotYes, it can be said that Weekly Bunshun is one of the most reliable media in Japan. Many newspapers seemed to be afraid of being expelled from government briefing when magazines don’t have such a restriction.

And Weekly Bunshun covers almost everything as well as cerebrities gossips. Numbers of politicians have lost their posts due to Bunshun’s scoop,which is called “Bunshun bomb”. Recently Bunshun is in a battle with Tokyo Olympic & Paralympic organizational committee disclosing its scandals and someone said “only Bunshun does a journalism job.”

Relationship between Japanese Imperial family and journalism is complicated. Originally, the Empress Emerita Michiko had checked media so strictly, that all media had glorified her during Heisei Era,giving “consideration” for her. In contrast, then Crown Princess Masako,the present Empress, who is far more beautiful and intelligent, had been humbled during that era.
The Crown Prince Akishinonomiya and his wife Kiko on the other hand are Michiko’s favorites, so they are now also given “consideration” by media.

But I’ve written too much...

Old 05-04-2021, 11:52 AM
Commoner

Princess Mako had better consult with her parents,the Emperor Naruhito said

An important article which had not been introduced in this thread...
Emperor Naruhito referred to the marriage of Mako and Kei Komuro on his birthday press conference.

Naruhito hopes bright future lies ahead for post-pandemic world : The Asahi Shimbun

“Naruhito also said he is aware of various opinions among the public about the planned marriage between Mako, the oldest child of his younger brother, Crown Prince Fumihito, and Crown Princess Kiko, and Kei Komuro, Mako’s college sweetheart.
“I am hoping that things will lead to a situation that most people accept and will celebrate,” he said.”

In Japan, many people considered that ”various opinions in the public” means a lot of scandal reported about Kei Komuro, including not only his financial problems but also bullying which has been alleged by 3 of his classmates, connection between his mother and members of antisocial organizations, mysterious deaths of his father, grandfather and grandmother, evasion of tax, illegal reception of pension,etc.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:57 PM

Thank you again for the welcome comments and Junjun's support. There are other issues I chose not to touch upon due to length or lack of evidence, but as Junjun pointed out, Komuro's job status, the loan matter and bullying allegations are not the only reasons why there is so much public opposition to Princess Mako's engagement.

A new update on the Komuro affair.

In his latest statement, the ex-fiancé said he was told that Mrs Komuro has been unwell and in the hospital for a long time. However, the paparazzi caught Mrs Komuro shopping on May 3rd, raising doubts that she was ever hospitalized or hospitalized long-term. Her neighbors were also completely unaware that she had been in the hospital and she had been going into work in April.
Josei Jishin via Yahoo News: https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/51...2ed6b9e537319d

If Mrs Komuro has been lying about her condition to avoid speaking to the ex-fiancé about the loan matter, then it may take even longer for the matter to be settled.

In the past, some Japanese politicians have checked themselves into the hospital for “exhaustion” or an unnamed illness when confronted with a huge scandal. However, Japan’s hospitals are at a breaking point with the COVID situation right now, so it is quite difficult to secure a hospital stay for something minor. Even if Mrs Komura had been in the hospital, it would cause quite the uproar if it was for something not serious to avoid dealing with the loan matter.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:07 AM
Commoner

Thank you kikunohana for introducing important viewpoints here when readers were short of full information.
I have worried how this topic is seen in overseas, wondering that there should be any misunderstanding.

Then , there are more topics about a new situation of Crown Princess Mako, which is so controversy among the public. She is now seemed as behind-the-scenes fixer of Komuro’s loan affairs.

First, Mr.Kaji, the grand chamberlain of Crown Prince, said that why Kei Komuro’s attitude is toward refusing to return his dept is mainly because the intention of Mako, on April 8th. The public was so shocked then because it is a taboo that an imperial family member is deeply involved in private citizens’ financial trouble. If Crown Princess suggested non-payment of the loan, no one could have demanded the payment any more…

So, Mako is now also subject of criticism, she is assumed as a person who places her privacy ahead of public problems. Moreover, voices against whole Imperial family or Akishino family are higher and higher.

And here is another article published yesterday which figures that Mako should suggest Kei to announce to pay the settlement money.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/97...75890431ad6c77

Although the article above is based on speculation, but it is certainly possible.

But, I would like to emphasize, though it is not touched upon in the article, that if an Imperial family member transfer his/her pocked money to anyone else more than 1,600,000 yen (14,734.32 U.S.$) per year without Japanese Diet resolution, it is violation of Imperial House Economy Act article 2.

https://www.kunaicho.go.jp/about/seido/seido08.html

Large amount of tax have been already spent on Kei Komuro in the past 3 years, and if the settlement money has spent from Mako’s Imperial family members’ payment which is also taxpayer money, it will reach the limit of Japanese public’s patience.

Sorry again for a long article…Komuro affairs are still in the headlines even though media are busy on COVID and Tokyo Olympic & Paralympic.

And thank you so much for paying attention to Japanese Imperial affairs. I'm happy if I could do something for you to understand the situation...
Old 05-08-2021, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I am pleased to see members of Japan here at the TRF, to help us understand matters related to the Imperial Family.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:48 AM

I'm here because yesterday while I was getting my hair cut and colored, my hairstylist started chatting about Kei Komuro. All I knew about him was that his mother's boyfriend paid for his education and so, that's what I told her. She filled me in on Kei's father committing suicide and Kei recording a conversation about repaying his mother's boyfriend for the loan. I'm glad kikunohana and Junjun posted what they did because I finally understood what my hairstylist was saying. (I don't read Japanese, and she kept pointing to a magazine headline/subheadings.)
My hairstylist is of the opinion that Kei Komuro should pay his mother's ex-boyfriend before marrying Princess Mako. I wonder if Kei Komuro practices law, who would trust him? I mean, this guy is into secret recordings.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:23 PM
Commoner

Questions to Dear Readers

Thank you for your message, Blog Real and Happiness Always

The situation Happiness Always experienced is so curious, in which a hairstylist kept talking about Komuro matter to a foreign customer. Thus, Komuro affair is a social concern in Japan.

Dear readers, please allow me to pose some questions out of genuine curiosity...

What if this happens in your country?
What if a monarchy member fall in love with such an untrustworthy or semi-criminal person? How do you suppose the public of your country will respond?

Maybe there is contradiction between human rights and responsibility as a royal member...

And more generally speaking, if a daughter of a wealthy family wants to marry such a person? If she was your daughter?
Old 05-09-2021, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junjun View Post
Thank you for your message, Blog Real and Happiness Always

The situation Happiness Always experienced is so curious, in which a hairstylist kept talking about Komuro matter to a foreign customer. Thus, Komuro affair is a social concern in Japan.

Dear readers, please allow me to pose some questions out of genuine curiosity...

What if this happens in your country?
What if a monarchy member fall in love with such an untrustworthy or semi-criminal person? How do you suppose the public of your country will respond?

Maybe there is contradiction between human rights and responsibility as a royal member...

And more generally speaking, if a daughter of a wealthy family wants to marry such a person? If she was your daughter?
ジュンジュンさんこんにちは!ようこそTRFへ。

And now, allow me to direct you to the Norwegian part of the forums. Please search for Princess Märtha Louise, or "ML" as we frequently call her, who has fallen in love with someone even more troubling.

We have been discussing the Durek Verrett affair for almost two years now. Sadly.
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I don't think that the family's wealth really has much to do with it, when it comes right down to parents/siblings/family wanting their children (both male and female) to marry someone who isn't trying to take advantage of them or bad news. But, sometimes, there's no talking sense to the person in love, even if you know the person they're in love with is, for lack of a better term, a loser.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM
Commoner

Thank you for your direction Prinsara
I went to find the pages on "ML" immediately. Those were very very interesting...

Hmm, Sha Durek is pretty dubious person, too...I read his wikipedia using Google translation.

Here in Japan, the story of Crown Princess Mette-Marit is introduced frequently. Those articles say Mette-Marit apologized sincerely on her press conference so Kei Komuro should do the same.

So for Norwegian people, it is not the first experience that a royal member wants to marry a questionable person...I feel that people's response in that forum is more matured...

I just read the latest few pages of the forum, but isn't there anyone who questions the validity of use of tax? Is Durek Verrett enough rich that he doesn't have to use the royal member's money?
Old Yesterday, 07:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank you for your direction Prinsara
I went to find the pages on "ML" immediately. Those were very very interesting...

Hmm, Sha Durek is pretty dubious person, too...I read his wikipedia using Google translation.

Here in Japan, the story of Crown Princess Mette-Marit is introduced frequently. Those articles say Mette-Marit apologized sincerely on her press conference so Kei Komuro should do the same.

So for Norwegian people, it is not the first experience that a royal member wants to marry a questionable person...I feel that people's response in that forum is more matured...

I just read the latest few pages of the forum, but isn't there anyone who questions the validity of use of tax? Is Durek Verrett enough rich that he doesn't have to use the royal member's money?
-In reverse order: Yes. Verrett has more money than ML, whose own finances are not particularly good. It's her princess status that appeals. No one is particularly worried about him having access to the royal finances (because he won't), but ML will also almost certainly be receiving her private inheritance from King Harald, eventually. I have never really liked to think what they will do with that money, but it isn't the taxpayers'.

-I wouldn't say that the response to Verrett is more matured . He is a very alarming person... but there are rules about how polite you have be expressing dismay on these forums. (Usually for the better.)

-As it happens, every single marriage of the NRF has been controversial, not just Haakon and Mette-Marit, so I think Norwegians and royal fans are waiting for one that isn't!

-I would invite you over there to the discussion to ask for more comparisons. You will get answers from a few other people.

-If you'll allow me to make a pop-culture reference; if you're familiar at all with Gundam, Verrett IS Char Aznable. He's not as smart, but he's a charismatic, manipulative, shameless liar. They even have the same birthday....!
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

おはようございます! はじめまして! I'm happy to see someone from Japan, and one of you is from Kyoto!!! I was there in 2018 to see the Koyo 紅葉! It was so beautiful!

Hmm Durek Verrett and Komuro Kei. Both controversial but so different from each other. For me Durek Verrett is far worse. As far as I can see Komuro Kei is studying law and is trying to become a respectable man despite his family issues. On the other hand, Durek Verrett "enjoys" to deceive other people and gains from it (unfortunately). I might not understand/agree with what he believes in, but he has no right to say whatever he pleases about Covid-19. The foolish and unresponsible ideas of this deceitful man might kill someone (if it already did). At least, Komuro Kei is not putting people's lives at risk.
Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
(...)

-I wouldn't say that the response to Verrett is more matured . He is a very alarming person... but there are rules about how polite you have be expressing dismay on these forums. (Usually for the better.)

(...)

-If you'll allow me to make a pop-culture reference; if you're familiar at all with Gundam, Verrett IS Char Aznable. He's not as smart, but he's a charismatic, manipulative, shameless liar. They even have the same birthday....!
On that note, I respectfully ask you please don't insult Char by putting his name in the same sentence with Mr Verret or even compare them.

Thank you
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
On that note, I respectfully ask you please don't insult Char by putting his name in the same sentence with Mr Verret or even compare them.

Thank you
Okay, I won't insult a flamboyant pathological liar and charlatan by putting his name in with a fictional sociopath and murderer. I am very happy that Garma's fate has not yet befallen Märtha Louise, except someone has already died in the interval. And they do have the exact same birthday.

I apologize if you like Char. But the man has terrible qualities and were Char to become involved with any other royals, we would (justifiably) be alarmed. Thank you.

Edit: On a lighter note, finally, I get to share the picture of Queen Elizabeth, King Olav, and his amazing Degwin Zabi cosplay: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsDR7YoX...jpg&name=large
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
おはようございます! はじめまして! I'm happy to see someone from Japan, and one of you is from Kyoto!!! I was there in 2018 to see the Koyo 紅葉! It was so beautiful!

Hmm Durek Verrett and Komuro Kei. Both controversial but so different from each other. For me Durek Verrett is far worse. As far as I can see Komuro Kei is studying law and is trying to become a respectable man despite his family issues. On the other hand, Durek Verrett "enjoys" to deceive other people and gains from it (unfortunately). I might not understand/agree with what he believes in, but he has no right to say whatever he pleases about Covid-19. The foolish and unresponsible ideas of this deceitful man might kill someone (if it already did). At least, Komuro Kei is not putting people's lives at risk.

There is also a difference with the woman. Princess Märtha Louise is still a Princess and she is still on place 4 in the norwegian line of succession. Princess Mako however will loose her Status as Princess upon marriage and she is not in the line of succession.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Okay, I won't insult a flamboyant pathological liar and charlatan by putting his name in with a fictional sociopath and murderer. I am very happy that Garma's fate has not yet befallen Märtha Louise, except someone has already died in the interval. And they do have the exact same birthday.

I apologize if you like Char. But the man has terrible qualities and were Char to become involved with any other royals, we would (justifiably) be alarmed. Thank you.

Edit: On a lighter note, finally, I get to share the picture of Queen Elizabeth, King Olav, and his amazing Degwin Zabi cosplay: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsDR7YoX...jpg&name=large
Nice try.

Btw, it's not about liking him, but there's a reason why Char even top Amoru on the popularity poll, he's a "good" antagonist, not good as in having nice personality but well created character, while if Verret were a character in some sort of NRF film series, he's just ... shallow (? typical? shady? sorry, can't think of suitable word). So in term of character creation, it's an insult.

As for Komuro, every time I read about him, I wonder when Conan will suddenly appear out of nowhere (yes, I read too much manga ). Tbh I'm waiting for speculation about what kind of "recording" he had of Mako ...

And this post will likely be deleted by moderator
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
Majesty

I dont know who this guy is (the fictional character) but I think if he's a killer, he's got to be worse than MLs boyfriend. Its not a case of "character development" if one is a fictional character and the other is a real person....
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Exactly. Verrett comes off as tricky, but he is not a murderer or even close to one.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Most of the news in English about the Komuro family has focused on the debt that needs to be sorted out between them and the ex fiancé and not really any further gossip about his untrustworthiness or family scandals which would concern anyone.

Many posters in the NRF section express *a lot* of dismay about Durek and ML's behaviour together and separately but there's no real shock that ML would pick such a snake oil salesman person or that her parents couldn't and wouldn't publicly jump in to stop the relationship, which it seems Mako's are trying their hardest to do.

In Europe in general it also isn't unusual to see women from families who are not wealthy or upper class or at least not wealthy in royal terms, marry into the royal families and become a real asset. Not that this is going to be a factor with either Durek or Kei whatever happens with either relationship.

I suppose a comparison might also be made with Prince Friso and Princess Mabel in the Netherlands who weren't given permission to marry due to her failure to disclose her links with a mob boss and he lost his place in the succession but they were still part of the family and their children given titles.

Maxima Zorreguieta's father was part of a military junta in Argentina and because of that he wasn't allowed to be at the wedding but it still went ahead in the same family.

I do think a lot of people in the UK at least would be extremely critical of say anyone Beatrice or Eugenie married if it involved giving them a large lump sum of taxpayer's money to live an entirely private life.

I have to say it is very interesting and welcome to have Japanese posters sharing their thoughts on this.

Given that Mako seems determined to stay with Kei what would be her next step?