Princess Elisabetta and Prince Amedeo expecting their first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Le prince et la princesse Amedeo de Belgique attendent leur premier enfant dans le courant de cette année. Le Palais Royal a confirmé cette information.
Il s'agira du premier petit-enfant pour la princesse Astrid et le prince Lorenz, ainsi que le premier arrière-petit-enfant pour le roi Albert et la reine Paola.

Le prince et la princesse Amedeo de Belgique attendent leur premier enfant dans le courant de cette année. Le Palais Royal a confirmé cette information.
Il s'agira du premier petit-enfant pour la princesse Astrid et le prince Lorenz, ainsi que le premier arrière-petit-enfant pour le roi Albert et la reine Paola.

Source:Royalement Blog.

So the Palace confirmed the news.

Fantastic news if indeed true

Wonderful news!. Congratulations!. Even Place Royale has posted the news on Instagram

I am getting crazy about all these babies to come. Now there will be three new royal babies in May.

Congratulations to Belgium and the Belgian royal family.

Is the baby due in May,if so they have kept that very quiet and without any rumours.

That is lovely news! Congratulations to the happy parents-to-be.

I agree, An Ard Ri, they must have worked miracles to keep it quiet for so long. When was Elisabetta seen in public last? Was it in December when she wore the black outfit?

Yes I was also thinking its been ages since the Princess was seen in public and I recall it may have been before Christmas.

Its wonderful news and congratulations to Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta,now I'd love to know how they kept this such a secret :D

Congratulations to the couple :flowers: Amazing that they managed to hide it eight months.

I am getting crazy about all these babies to come. Now there will be three new royal babies in May.

Who are the other 2 royal babies due in May???? I guess Sofia could have hers in May though she is due in April. Who am I missing?

I guess the couple must be able to under the radar if they've managed to keep it secret for this long. In fairness they don't do public duties and only appear every now and then at big family events or social events (which are easy to avoid). I wonder if they purposefully choose not to announce it until now or thought lets just see if anyone asks ;-)

Congratulations, the new generation is coming....

such great news for amedeo and elisabetta! amazing they kept it secret so long. i can't wait to hear the news of the arrival!

Magnificent news for Amadeo and Elisabetta! It will be nice to see the choice of names.

What a lovely surprise to read & on top of the wonderful news of the new little Princess of Jordan from yesterday, it's turning into a very joyful Royal News Cycle this weekend. :) :D :)

Is the baby due in May,if so they have kept that very quiet and without any rumours.

No kidding!! IIRC, the last time a Royal kept something like this (really big, but also really personal news at the same time) successfully under wraps, it was the then Crown Prince Felipe's Courtship of the then Letitzia Ortiz. I'm still amazed they were able to keep that so hush hush & no leaks coming out about it.

I think that this was from her last appearance shortly before Christmas. She looked 'maybe pregnant'. Now we know that she was.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-1-july-2014-present-37162-4.html#post1848369

The number of royal babies right know is exciting. :flowers:

That it is. Speaking of Cycles, we're in the Cycle of the young Royals either starting or adding to their Families and it is lovely to watch all these little Sweeties enter our World. :)

Even though Amedeo and Elisabetta aren't Senior Members of the Belgian RF, considering all that has happened the last couple of weeks, this is news of the kind the People of Brussels and Belgium really need now. Something happy & to celebrate over. :)

Congratulations to the soon to be Parents, Grandparents & Families!!! :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Congratulations to Amedeo and Elisabetta!
The baby will also be the first great-grandchild for Amedeo's paternal grandmother, Archduchess Margherita of Austria-Este.

Will it also be the first grandchild for the maternal grandparents-to-be and the first great-grandchild for the maternal great-grandparents-to-be?

Yes, it will be also the first grandchild for Ettore and Lilia Rosboch, since Elisabetta is their only child IIRC.
As for Elisabetta's grandparents, I believe they are all dead by now.

Wonderful news and congratulation to the couple. Cant wait for the new arrival!

But I don't understand why the announcement would come one mont before the due date? Why announce it then. I thought it was a bit weird to do so so late.

But I don't understand why the announcement would come one mont before the due date? Why announce it then. I thought it was a bit weird to do so so late.

Yes it seems we have all been taken by surprise and keen to find out how they kept it such a royal baby secret!

Yes it seems we have all been taken by surprise and keen to find out how they kept it such a royal baby secret!

Amedeo's children won't be royal actually (at least not in Belgium; they may be considered royal in the now deposed House of Austria). Since the baby won't be a prince/princess of Belgium, I believe the royal court of Belgium cionsidered Lili's pregnancy to be a private matter. Hence, the lack of an early public announcement, I guess.

Last edited:

I don't think that it was a proper planned announcement. Rather the press got wind of it, inquired at the palace, and they confirmed. If the press hadn't inquired, they'd probably had kept it secret till after the birth.

The announcement on TV was Carnet Rose the end : carnet rose also a Boy for Julie Taton (ex Miss Belgium).

Back
Top Bottom