Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz's Other Children - News and Events part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caroverstr

City
Kapellen
Country
Belgium
Apparently, Prince Joachim, 15, was riding a motorcycle in his parents parc, when he fell and was injured. Some reporter from the news cannel VTM overheard the King telling the story to some politicians. The king declared that he won't ride his motorcycle anymore because it is to dangerous. This is not cofirmed yet by the royal palace...so i hope for the price it is not true...

I hope this is not true, and if it's true I hope his not injured to bad.

I heard the news as well. I immediately went checking the websites of several belgian newspapers for more details but none of them reports the news.

Oh, I just hear on television that he is indeed injured ! He hit a tree. The accident happened last weekend on the property of Stuyvenberg.

Here's the only article I found : http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_nieuwsbinnenland.shtml?p=107

Last edited:
I think a 15 years old boy did not allowed to ride a motorcycle or car coz he's not old enough.. or it's a different rule in Belgium?

No, it's not different. You have to be 16 but I don't know if it is the same rule for riding on private property. Otherwise, I think they would have mentioned it, no ?

From het Nieuwsblad: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleID=DMF14052006_041

King Albert's grandson breaks his knee in motor accident

Prince Joachim, princess Astrid's 15 year old son, broke his knee last weekend during a bad fall with his motorbike. The boy was driving the motorbike on the domain of Stuyvenberg, the park of his parents' palace [actually it's just a large villa, hc]. Joachim was driving a crossmotor, slipped and crashed into a tree. He broke his knee-cap and was immediately taken to hospital. His knee was operated and a plaster has been put around it. Joachim is recovering at home and is unable to go to school.

The domain of Stuyvenberg is a private property. The boy is too young to drive a motorbike on the public road. But apparently king Albert II's motorvibe has also infected his grandson. Albert himself no longer drives his motorbike, because he feels it has become too dangerous. It isn't clear wether or not the prince was accompanied by an adult when he fell.

According to spokesperson Michel Malherbe, the royal family is rather shocked by the accident. "The best proof is that the king told CD&V mayor of Kortrijk Stefaan De Clerck about it in an emotional outburst. The king was in Kortrijk Tuesday for a visit to the Provincial Technological Institute," adds the spokesperson. A camera team of VTM show Royalty registered the conversation.

(JOLO)

Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz's Children - Current Events part 2

Welcome to a new thread for Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz's Children current events.
This thread is reserved for Prince Amedeo, Princess Maria Laura, Prince Joachim, Princess Luisa Maria, and Princess Laetitia Maria.

Please post current news and/or pics in this thread. While doing so, remember to adhere to the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines

The previous thread can be found here

Remember to properly cite the articles and photos, view the above link if you need help in this matter or PM a moderator. Also, this thread is for current events only, pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread.
Above all, be courteous to your follow members and enjoy yourself.

any news of maria laura's studies plans for next year?

Joachim is 15 or 14 years old? All the articles said he is 15, but If I don't remember bad he was born on december 1991.

ally_cooper said:
Joachim is 15 or 14 years old? All the articles said he is 15, but If I don't remember bad he was born on december 1991.

yes 9 december 1991

child

Was is Joachim who has had a child with his girlfriend? I remember something about a christening but I can't find anything about it on this forum.

konan said:
Was is Joachim who has had a child with his girlfriend? I remember something about a christening but I can't find anything about it on this forum.
no, the one who has had a kid is Prince Louis of Luxembourg;)

Hannelore said:
From het Nieuwsblad: http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleID=DMF14052006_041

King Albert's grandson breaks his knee in motor accident

Prince Joachim, princess Astrid's 15 year old son, broke his knee last weekend during a bad fall with his motorbike. The boy was driving the motorbike on the domain of Stuyvenberg, the park of his parents' palace [actually it's just a large villa, hc]. Joachim was driving a crossmotor, slipped and crashed into a tree. He broke his knee-cap and was immediately taken to hospital. His knee was operated and a plaster has been put around it. Joachim is recovering at home and is unable to go to school.

The domain of Stuyvenberg is a private property. The boy is too young to drive a motorbike on the public road. But apparently king Albert II's motorvibe has also infected his grandson. Albert himself no longer drives his motorbike, because he feels it has become too dangerous. It isn't clear wether or not the prince was accompanied by an adult when he fell.

According to spokesperson Michel Malherbe, the royal family is rather shocked by the accident. "The best proof is that the king told CD&V mayor of Kortrijk Stefaan De Clerck about it in an emotional outburst. The king was in Kortrijk Tuesday for a visit to the Provincial Technological Institute," adds the spokesperson. A camera team of VTM show Royalty registered the conversation.

(JOLO)
Hi Hannelore!
Wasn't King Albert himself injured on a motorbike accident in the south of France when he was in his early sixties? :confused:
It's in the family! :) But instead of forbidding him to ride again, they should tell him to do it carefully. Motorbikes are just great! :) :) :)
Take care!
Alejandro

Apart from the color of her eyes, I think her facial structure is that of her Grandmother Paola's.

Happy birthday Maria-Laura !
she becomes 18 today !

wow, 18 already?:flowers:
do you know whether she's gonna have a celebration like Amedeo did? :rolleyes:

Happy 18th Anniversary, Maria-Laura!!!!!
Best wishes

crisiñaki said:
wow, 18 already?:flowers:
do you know whether she's gonna have a celebration like Amedeo did? :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about that , but Amedeo gave his party a few months after his birthday ...
I know when Amedeo became 18 , some pictures were released :ermm:

Back to school for Astrid & Lorenz's youngest children, here's Luisa on her way to school, 1 September 2006 (Belga)

I heard on royalty that princess Maria Laura is going to study Management and sinology in London. Like prince Amedeo.

elisabetteke said:
I heard on royalty that princess Maria Laura is going to study Management and sinology in London. Like prince Amedeo.

I read this news on this forum and in www.lalibre.be

But is Amedeo studing Sinology ??

I'm sorry aliocha. What I wrote was a little confusing. I was only referring to the fact that Amedeo is studying in London too. I don't think he studies sinology. Perhaps they will be able to see each other more now that there both studing in London.

Last edited:
Amedeo studies management in the London School of Economics. So who knows maybe Maria laura will join him at the same school.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Back to school for Astrid & Lorenz's youngest children, here's Luisa on her way to school, 1 September 2006 (Belga)

Some more..(Casadaimagem/isopix)

Photos of little cutie Laetitia from inauguration of Red Cross days :flowers:

(Casadaimagem/isopix)

astrid's children

How well known are astrid's children in belgium?
also how well known is the royal fmaily inbelgium - seem silly question but get the impression that ppl do not know them much

Ianna said:
Photos of little cutie Laetitia from inauguration of Red Cross days :flowers:
(Casadaimagem/isopix)

:flowers: laetitia is so cuteee, thanks for the pictures

jm83au said:
How well known are astrid's children in belgium?
also how well known is the royal fmaily inbelgium - seem silly question but get the impression that ppl do not know them much
curious as well? belgium members? :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t speak for whole Belgium of course. But my friends (I’m 20 and go to university, just to give you an idea which category of the population I’m talking about) absolutely don’t know who Astrid’s children are. You’ll be lucky if you even find a few who know Astrid and Lorenz. Of course they know our king and queen, our crown prince and crown princess (they know that they have children but don’t ask their names ! :)). They know who Laurent is (of course they know, it’s hard to not know him ! :)) but I’m not sure about Claire and their children, never asked them. All in all, they find them a bunch of dull people who can’t speak dutch. (Needless to say I never talk about my interest in royalty with my friends. :rolleyes:)

Anyway, ask other Belgian members ! I’m sure it’s different for older people and for people coming from the French speaking part of the country.

Back
Top Bottom