Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz's Other Children - News and Events part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are free to go and to establish where they want. Including a return to Belgium, of course.

That is why it seems unusual that all of the grown children made the choice to live outside of their country, particularly as they would enjoy the advantage of their family and rank in Belgium. Look at other European royal families: The Princes of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Princess Elisabeth of Denmark and her brothers Count Ingolf and Count Christian of Rosenborg all chose to remain in the Netherlands or Denmark, respectively.

That is why it seems unusual that all of the grown children made the choice to live outside of their country, particularly as they would enjoy the advantage of their family and rank in Belgium. Look at other European royal families: The Princes of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Princess Elisabeth of Denmark and her brothers Count Ingolf and Count Christian of Rosenborg all chose to remain in the Netherlands or Denmark, respectively.
Elisabeth of Denmark did live abroad for years during her work for the Danish Foreign office. Also I was under the impression that Constantijn & Laurentien lived in Brussels for some years before they returned to the Netherlands?

Last edited:
I may tell you that Princess Astrid 's Children have a very free and private life in Belgium. A friend of mine went shopping with her girls and Princess Laura and nobody recognized her.

Elisabeth of Denmark did live abroad for years during her work for the Danish Foreign office. Also I was under the impression that Constantijn & Laurentien lived in Brussels for some years before they returned to the Netherlands?

Constantijn indeed lived in London and Brussels for a while, if i'm not mistaken his brother P.Friso also lived in London for a while.

Constantijn indeed lived in London and Brussels for a while, if i'm not mistaken his brother P.Friso also lived in London for a while.

The late Prince Friso's spouse and daughters still live in the house in Kensington. I think that most royals are international oriented. The Habsburgers very much too.

Princess Maria Laura was among the guests at the wedding of Inés de Cominges & François du Castel in India.

Of her siblings, Princess Maria Laura seems to be one with the most appearances at high society and public events, and I wonder if she would have chosen to be a working royal had she been given the choice. In any case, if and when she herself marries, I expect the guest list will be lengthy.

Princess Maria Laura of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este does seem to attend a lot of high society/royal and nobles events,lets hope they all return the favour!

Back
Top Bottom