Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those pictures iceflower! I didn't know the princess visited The Hague only yesterday.

As posted by Catherine on the BRMB:

One of the participants at the Knack weekend ladies run in Kortrijk was princess Astrid (incognito). She opted for the 5 km run with her friends, they finished together after about 35 min. and gave each other 3 kisses
happy.gif

Here are some pictures (also with Astrid in them)

http://www.knack.be/weekend/nl/events/evenementen/De-tropische-versie/a7777-article.jsp

Prince Lorenz has been appointed as a member of the executive board of Suz environment, which is the environmental branch of French electricity company Suez. The prince was already a member of the board of Suez-group and also of the executive board of the garbage disposal- branch of the company (SITA).

Suez Environment will go to the stock exchange on the 22nd of July.

Source: Royalblog.nl

Is Archduke Lorenz also in line to the British Throne?

No, he is a catholic so he can not be in line of the British throne.

Pics 23.6.2008

Princess Astrid at the Academies Palace at Brussels
where she attended at scientific meeting within the
framework of the "National Plan against Cancer",
June 23, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Lorenz is descended from the Austrian imperial family, and from the Italian royal family. Several of his ancestors had claims to thrones all over Europe (France, Spain, Hungary, Bavaria, Saxony...), but I haven't found any reference to British royals.

Any connection with British royals only exists through his marriage, as Queen Victoria married Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, who was a nephew of King Leopold I of Belgium. Also, Queen Victoria's mother was a sister of Leopold I.

Pics 26.6.2008

Princess Astrid went to Gosselies near Charleroi with
representatives of the Queen Elisabeth Medical
Foundation in order to pay a visit to the laboratory
of Molecular Embryology of Professor Bellefroid,
June 26, 2008

I just saw the Flemish news; princess Astrid and prince Lorenz are in Beijing at the moment to cheer the Belgian paralympic sporters. The princess and her husband cheered and looked rather animated when the Belgian team entered the stadium. There are 21 Belgians participating in the paralymics.

Pics from ANP
Belgium's Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz wave with Belgian flags during the table tennis qualification match of Belgian player Marc Ledoux at the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games, Sunday 07 September 2008 in Beijing, China.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Dutch royalty magazine 'Roytalty' ays they interviewed princess Astrid during the Beijing Paralympics.

She was impressed by the opening ceremony, she liked the attention given to the handicapped sporters. She found China a fascinating country that is changing a lot. Astrid also says her daughter is studying Chinese. Last year Maria-Laura studied in Beijing and the entire family visited her there.

Article in Dutch here.

whats is the residence of the princess astrid and the prince lorenz right now?

Astrid Lorenz and their children are living at Stuyvenberg Castle. I do not know if they share the Palace with Queen Fabiola or if they are living nearby ???

Pics 17.10.2008

Princess Astrid attends the activities organized within the framework
of the World Day of Struggle against poverty in Brussels, Belgium,
on October 17, 2008

Nice pics, thank you iceflower!

On the last, she is talking to a Brussels singer, Johan Verminnen.
You can also see Marie Arena, Belgian minister of social integration (amongst other things)

In the mean time, Princess Astrid attended several other events, of which I have not found (m)any pics.

05/11/2008
Princess Astrid visited social projects of several non profit organizations in Antwerp

06/11/2008
Princess Astrid and her husband attended a gala event of the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium in Brussels, in honour of EducaTeam, a department of the museums which makes them more accessible to those who usually have a difficult access to museums: people with a physical disability, or people who are economically or socially discriminated

10/11/2008
Princess Astrid attended a meeting of the Belgian Senate in which the laureates of a picture contest in the honour of the 60 year birthday of suffrage for women were revealed.

12/11/2008
Princess Astrid visited the “International Center for Reproductive Health (ICRH)”, directed by Prof. Dr. Marleen Temmerman of Ghent University. The Princess is the president of the steering committe of the medical funds of the Foundation King Baudouin.

13/11/2008
Princess Astrid visited Ghent University again yesterday, this time the laboratories of the Department of Molecular Biomedical Research of Prof. Dr. Frans Van Roy, who won the Research Grant of the GSKE 2008-2010 (Geneeskundige Stichting Koningin Elisabeth or Medical Foundation Queen Elisabeth).
The Princess is the honourary president of the Foundation.

Links to Dutch articles of the University website, I'm afraid I didn't find the same in English (they are not that international yet). If we're lucky, there will be more pics of Princess Astrid's visit to the University online soon.

------
(Source: monarchie.be, Ghent University)

Last edited:
Pics 20.11.2008

Latour de Freins, Ukkle (Belgium): Princess Astrid presented the
2008 awards at the annual prize-giving ceremony for the King
Baudouin Foundation'ss scientific and medical prizes, 20 Nov. 08

And, as promised, some more pics of Astrid's visit to Ghent University on 13 November here.

(Source: Ghent University)

Also a link to an English article and a pic of Astrid's visit to the ICRH on 12 November.

(Source: ICRH.org)

Last edited:
Pics 25.11.2008

Two lovely women met each other today :)

Princess Astrid meets Australian actress Nicole Kidman, in marge of
the event United Voices "Say No to Violence against women", at
UN United Nations building, 25 November 2008, in New York, USA

Two lovely women met each other today :)

Princess Astrid meets Australian actress Nicole Kidman, in marge of
the event United Voices "Say No to Violence against women", at
UN United Nations building, 25 November 2008, in New York, USA

These are great photos! They both look so lovely. Princess Astrid looks like she is thrilled to meet Nicole Kidman.

Princess Astrid beautiful, and again do we see here a Chanel costume. Compliments.

Some more pics from yesterday:
Belgian Princess Astrid and Foreign Minister Karel De Gucht meet with
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon at UN headquarters,
25 November 2008 in New York

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pic 26.11.2008

Princess Astrid of Belgium attends a briefing of United Nations security
council on the Monuc in DRC Congo, Wednesday 26 November 2008, in
UN headquarters, in New York, USA

------> Pic

Today, Princess Astrid attended the "Sinterklaas" party organized by vzw Pinocchio, of which she is the chairwoman.
VZW Pinocchio takes care of children that suffer from serious burns.

source: Monarchie.be

For pics, see here (Belga)

Last edited:
I´m sure it was posted before but I think Astrid turns more and more into the spitting image of her mother.

Thanks for the photos, LadyLeana! The expressions on the face of the baby that Princess Astrid is holding are hilarious! The baby looks like a deer in headlights (startled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom