Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz attended a gala dinner for the 60th edition of Brussels Antiques and Fine Art Fair and viewed parts of the fair in Brussels today, January 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

I don't understand why Prince Lorenz was the only Royal at the Concert and Dinner in Romania. I thought a lot of German Royals would attend too. Did they cancel ??
Queen Anne seems to have no contact anymore with her Brothers Bourbon Parme.

I have to say that Astrid and Lorenz are wonderful representatives for Belgium. The King is very lucky to have them "working" on his (and the country's) behalf. So nice to see them out.

On February 2nd, Princess Astrid attended a lunch in connection with the Diplomatic Contact Days at the Egmont Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Nice to see them all together. Astrid Marriet and Laurentien often attended this event together, but it is nice to see Astrid's daughter-in-law too. Though as she as not listed in the announcement of the palace, it still doesn't make clear how we should call her. PPE sticks to Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein.

The award went to the Athens Biennale and the Visual Culture Research Center from Kiev.

2015 ECF Princess Margriet Award - European Cultural Foundation

On May 13 Prince Lorenz attended the opening ceremony of the 33rd "Special Olympics Belgium National Games" in Woluwé-Saint-Pierre.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks to Him , always a Member of the Royal Family for the opening Ceremony.

No décorations for Princess Astrid ? comparing to Princess Anne ??

An article in 'Story' this week about princess Astrid who supposedly wants to have more official duties and who feels somewhat sidelinedby her brother. Two weeks ago an article of a simular nature appeared in a Francophone newspaper.

They also speculate that the princess is the only one of the siblings who has a good relationship with her parents and that the princess may be suffering from the empty-nest syndrom now 4 of 5 of her children left her house.

Prinses Astrid wil graag meer taken - HLN.be

The Walloon RTL channel even mentioned that the princess is depressed about the matter:
La princesse Astrid serait déprimée car son frère ne lui donne pas assez de travail - RTL Info

Edit: apparently the story comes from Mario Danneels, who mentions 'sources close to the palace'.

Last edited:
I liked the Princess Astrid had more official acts. Astrid does a good job in the royal household and deserves to have more work.

Princess Astrid attended the first day of the International Solid Waste Association (ISWA) congress in Antwerp, today, September 7:

** belga gallery **

Prince Lorenz of Belgium visits Romania on 11-12th September. He will be the guest of crown princess Margarita and prince Radu at the Elisabeta Palace and Peleș Castle.

Friday, 11 September, their royal highnesses will take part at 19.30 at the Annual Gala of the national Red Cross Society, as well as the opening of the first International Festival of First Aid in Romania in Bucharest.
Saturday, 12 September, during the morning, Prince Lorenz will plant a tree, which will bear his name in the garden of the Memorial trees at the garden of the Elisabeta Palace.
During the same day, at 19, Prince Lorenz receives from crown princess Margarita on behalf of His Majesty King Michael I the Order of the Crown in the grade of Grand Cross in a ceremony to be held in the Hall of Honor of the Peleș Castle. After the ceremony, Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu host a dinner in honor of the high guest at the Peleș Castle. Princess Maria will be present at the events.
Vizită regală belgiană în România _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

I liked the Princess Astrid had more official acts. Astrid does a good job in the royal household and deserves to have more work.

Princess Astrid and her family (husband and children) have always impressed me as an above-average collateral branch of a royal house. Amedeo for example had an education comparable to that of a crown prince, which is somewhat rare for someone who was so far down in the line of succession.

In any case, I once wrote in one of the TRF forums that I felt Astrid would make a better regent than Queen Mathilde in the unlikely scenario that princess Elisabeth succeeds to the throne before she is 18. At the time, I was much criticized for that opinion, but I still stand by what I said.

Well, after all Amedeo has not been so much far down in the line of succession until he was at least 15; when Elisabeth was born he was still the third in the line of succession, after Philippe and Astrid. This may explain the choices about his education.

Princess Astrid and her family (husband and children) have always impressed me as an above-average collateral branch of a royal house. Amedeo for example had an education comparable to that of a crown prince, which is somewhat rare for someone who was so far down in the line of succession.

In any case, I once wrote in one of the TRF forums that I felt Astrid would make a better regent than Queen Mathilde in the unlikely scenario that princess Elisabeth succeeds to the throne before she is 18. At the time, I was much criticized for that opinion, but I still stand by what I said.

Well, after all Amedeo has not been so much far down in the line of succession until he was at least 15; when Elisabeth was born he was still the third in the line of succession, after Philippe and Astrid. This may explain the choices about his education.

Wasn't Amedeos and his siblings inclusion in the Order of Succession because it was feared that Philippe would never marry?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes, basically this is the main reason for the change of the succession rules back in 1991.

I agree, King Baudouin did not want to see Laurent King of the Belgians...

14 years later Prince Amadeo may have a private life being not on the succession list anymore.

Prince Radu welcomed prince Lorenz to his visit to Romania at the airport on Friday.
Vizită regală belgiană în România _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Lorenz attended on Friday evening with Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu at the Red Cross Gala 2015 and the launch of the First Aid International Competition, organized for the first time in Romania.
Capitala Primului Ajutor _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

On Saturday, September 12, crown princess Margarita delivered the Order of the Crown Grand Cross to Prince Lorenz of Belgium at the Hall of Honor in Peleș Castle.
The high guest was awarded by his Majesty for the contribution of twenty years to the development of Romania, for the attachment of the front of the values and principles of the Crown and for the affection he has revealed, so many times, in public circumstances, in relation to our country. The decoration was conferred on the eve of his 60th birthday.
Crown princess Margarita and prince Radu hosted a dinner in honor of Prince Lorenz. Princess Maria attended at the order ceremony and at the dinner.
Belgian Royal guest spent two days at Sinaia, where he visited the town, he reviewed the Royal domain and met some of the employees of the Romanian Royal family. Prince Lorenz is also a member of the Royal Council.
Seară la Castelul Regal Peleș, 12 septembrie 2015 _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Strange that Astrid didn't go with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
As it was posted in anothe thread (in the Romanian forum), originally it was planned that also Princess Astrid attended with Lorenz, but eventually couldn't go due to a medical condition.

Thank you for the info! :flowers:
I've heard about Astrid's medical condition for a while, seems like she gets sick often or is it just my impression? :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
First Event since a long time.
Princess Astrid does not find her place in the now royal Family.
She is Chairwomen of nearly nothing.

and she receives a Dotation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom