Prince Amedeo, Princess Elisabetta and Family, News and Events 1, July 2014- present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Het Nieuwsblad was told by a palace source that Prince Amedeo did not realize he needed official permission and King Philippe elected not to remind him because "he respected the autonomy of his nephew".

http://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/status/669463378893668352

I find it hard to believe that Prince Amedeo"didn't know" he needed the King's permission to marry in order to stay in the line of succession. Even if he didn't know, Princess Astrid certainly knew it and would have reminded him in case her brother chose not to do it.

In any case, it is settled now that Amedeo's children will not be princes of Belgium. They will remain in the line of succession though as the Belgian constitution does not limit the line of succession based on proximity of blood and all legitimate male or female descendants of King Albert II are in principle eligible to ascend the throne.

I don't know if Prince Amedeo late asking to stay in order of the succession has something to do with the baby to come ?
The date of the birth is curiously not known

I find it hard to believe that Prince Amedeo"didn't know" he needed the King's permission to marry in order to stay in the line of succession. Even if he didn't know, Princess Astrid certainly knew it and would have reminded him in case her brother chose not to do it.

I agree that the story is hard to believe, but I cannot think of a better explanation for the belated request. The king had ample time to issue a decree before the general election and the wedding, consent was and is unrelated to titles, and if my memory serves me correctly, the engaged couple already planned to have children. King Philippe or Prince Amedeo could have changed their minds after the wedding, but I am not sure why they would.

Last edited:
the Baby will be Archduke or Archduchess of Austria-Este.
The only Event who wll gather the whole belgian Royal Family

I can't believe Amedeo didn't know or that his mother or grandparents didn't mention it. I've always thought that the Belgian Royal Family don't seem particularly close, I think they get on fine when they meet but that they don't get together all that often. If they were going round to each others houses all the time you'd think one of them would have mentioned it to Amedeo.

There is a question of whether Prince Amedeo is violating the law by living in a building that belongs to the Royal Donation without permission from the government. Since he and his wife relocated to Belgium in 2014, they have resided in an outbuilding, former employee housing, of Princess Astrid's residence Villa Schonenberg. Under the law of November 27, 2013 (Article 8), permission from the Minister of Finance must be obtained in order to put any building in the Royal Donation at the disposal of the Royal Family. On January 11, 2016, the minister denied granting any permissions since the law came into effect. The question is whether the outbuilding is part of Princess Astrid's residence or a different building which needs the permission of the Minister.

Amedeo et sa «dépendance» de Laeken: le prince vivrait encore chez sa mère... - sudinfo.be

I wonder why Princess Astrid did not bother clarifying the situation with Prince Amedeo's residence in advance.

:previous: The simplest reason that comes to my mind is that they may have thought that the building is part of the complex of Villa Schonenberg, and thus didn't need an own permission.
The article mentions that in the past, when all the children of Princess Astrid lived at Villa Schonenberg, the depandance was used to house the staff working for the Princess, so probably it has always been considered as an integral part of Villa Schonenberg.

Im pretty sure that Princess Astrid would advise her son and she would know whether he would need permission as it's her property. Most likely he doesn't because as mentioned above, she owns the building. Maybe something the press doesn't know.

Endly What a nice picture ,I don't know if they are still living in Belgium

Thats a lovely picture of the family. I am glad they shared a photo, Princess Anna Astrid is adorable!

What a lovely photo. Amedeo and Elisabetta both look happy and little Anna is super cute.

Amedeo&Elisabetta's family is moving to Switzerland

Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta's family is moving to Switzerland, where Prince is going to work in his father's private bank in the city of Basel,reports Het Nieuwsblad.
Amedeo's engagement to Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein was announced by the Belgian Royal Court on February 15th 2014. The couple got married on July 5th 2014. They welcomed their first child,a girl named Anna Astrid, on May 17th 2016.
Amedeo had spent a part of his childhood in Basel, due to his father's business there.

I don't know if he really wanted to have Castle Suyvenberg as Residence.
A friend of mine said that Princess Elisabetta didn't like Belgiun l

Didn't Astrid & Lorenz live in Switzerland before Albert became King? Maybe they feel its easier to live outside of Belgium and any press attention.

Didn't Astrid & Lorenz live in Switzerland before Albert became King? Maybe they feel its easier to live outside of Belgium and any press attention.

Yes,they did
They'd lived in Basel for 10 years(1983-1993)
I've read that Astrid was delighted with the news about Amedeo's returning to Belgium after few years of living in US.She said(according to Dutch media)that it would be great for her,as for mother and future grandmother(it was before Anna-Astrid's birth)to live near her children.

It is a very wise move on Prince Amedeo's part.

I've heard that The Belgian Royal family released a few pictures of King Albert, Queen Paola, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz with Prince Amedeo's family during Christmas/New year?

Last edited:
Anna Astrid is an adorable little baby ?❤
Thanks for the lovely pictures.

Last edited:
The Prince or Archduke works for the famous Gutzweiler Bank in Basel.
Prince Lorenz is one of the Chairmen.
A great Job !

Back
Top Bottom