Prince Amedeo - News & Pictures part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_platinum

Heir Apparent
City
Jakarta
Country
Indonesia
Welcome to a fresh thread for Prince Amedeo of Belgium's current events

The previous thread can be found
here

Please post current news and pictures of Prince Amedeo in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines & also on Photo Agencies & Copyright:
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

Last edited:
There are pics of amedeo with his family in the belgian royal family thread.

kaydura0717 said:
There are pics of amedeo with his family in the belgian royal family thread.
...i thought i might just post 1 picture, if thats okay? :flowers:

amedeo is sooo cute:wub:
the link for more pictures (i just thought it would be nice to post at least 1 [easy access view to a new picture, here] )...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f29/royal-family-belgium-current-events-part-5-a-9153-3.html
then scroll down

...found new ones which havn't been posted yet (well, i havn't seen any like the one's i'm posting)...
P.P.E
:wub:

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
These are great pictures thanks for posting them! Does anyone know what event this pics came from?

I believe that they are from the event mentioned in this link, am I right?

Everytime I look at pictures of Amedeo the first thought that come to mind is "Wow, he is very tall!" Lol.

I think Amedeo is very handsome but I prefer him with shorter hair, he looked absolutely gorgeous in his military times!:wub::wub:

Only a real man can pull off pink! :ROFLMAO:

^lol true. I liked his hair during the military times. But I think since he was made to cut his hair all the time when he was in the military he was fed up and decided that after he goes back to school he'll outgrow his hair.

He's got blond this summer! Indeed the cut of his hear is not the best. I liked it most when it had the length of the London photo shoot.

USRoyalist said:
Is it correct to call the Luxembourgs "royal"? They should be called grand-ducal.

Well even though they are "Grand Ducal" they still are royalty in a way, so I personally call them royalty. But let's not get off topic...

crisiñaki said:
I think Amedeo is very handsome but I prefer him with shorter hair, he looked absolutely gorgeous in his military times!:wub::wub:

Yes, ge did. But he´s even more handsome with a little longer hair
(like almost every young man...). I think if someone has this curly and thick hair like Amedeo has, it would be a "crime" to cut it off instead of showing it

I find it truly remarkable how popular prince Amadeo seems to be.
I'm a Belgian and i've known him ever since i'm a little girl (not personally).
I never thought that people in other countries would know about him, but this forum proves me wrong. Anyway, i think it is great though hehe, finally a good thing in the eye of the public about our country.

What i wanted to say:
If anyone ever needs help on translating dutch articles or help with dutch (or french) websites about the prince or the royal family, just send me a pm and i'd be happy to help you out.

I'm sure he speaks french very well (if i'm not misinfromed it's his mother language) and 'm very sure that he can speak dutch as well, don't know how fluently though.

Rebecca_ said:
I'm sure he speaks french very well (if i'm not misinfromed it's his mother language) and 'm very sure that he can speak dutch as well, don't know how fluently though.
I heard him speaking Dutch a while ago on the tv show ‘royalty’ and he speaks it really fluently, you can’t even hear that his mother tongue is French. That’s not so strange since he went to a Dutch-speaking school for almost 10 years.

Coquine said:
I heard him speaking Dutch a while ago on the tv show ‘royalty’ and he speaks it really fluently, you can’t even hear that his mother tongue is French. That’s not so strange since he went to a Dutch-speaking school for almost 10 years.

that's very nice to hear!
I thought i heard about him going to a dutch speaking school, but i wasn't absolutely sure about it, so thanks.

Rebecca_ said:
I find it truly remarkable how popular prince Amadeo seems to be.
I'm a Belgian and i've known him ever since i'm a little girl (not personally).
I never thought that people in other countries would know about him, but this forum proves me wrong. Anyway, i think it is great though hehe, finally a good thing in the eye of the public about our country.

What i wanted to say:
If anyone ever needs help on translating dutch articles or help with dutch (or french) websites about the prince or the royal family, just send me a pm and i'd be happy to help you out.

ouh, hi Rebecca, welcome :flowers: , good to have an extra belgium member helping us out, in this thread, (i've got so many questions about belgium and the royal family in general :) . Do most girl's/kids know who he is? Do you know of anyone who has met him?
picture from the royal family of belgium thread:

Amedeo is so handsome :wub: ;)

Hi flctylu! :flowers: and thank you very much.

To answer your question: Prince Amadeo doesn't make the news in Belgium as much as some other Belgian royals (as the king and queen, Mathilde & philippe, Laurent, ..), I study for journalist so I have to follow the news very good, and he really doesn't make it alot. That's why i think that not everyone will know who he is, especially not for the youngsters among us. I've asked some friends, and alot of them say they don't know him (when I only give them his name) but when i show his picture, it seems that suddenly they recognize him, they recall seeing him on television or in magazines. So i guess that most of the young people know Amadeo by seeing him somewhere.

His mother, princess Astrid is more known. And i'm very sure that of all the kids that she has, Prince Amadeo is the one that is best known.
Of course alot of girls here like him too, but it's not that there is a sort of "hype" going on. (like you see with Prince William from the UK for example).

I don't know people who have met him. I have seen some of the royals in the past, but i'm not sure if Amadeo is one of them because I was young at the time.
I do know that his grandmother, queen Paola, visited my mother when she was in the hospital once, she was there to visit the patients so my mom got lucky.

Last edited:
Rebecca_ said:
Hi flctylu! :flowers: and thank you very much.

To answer your question: Prince Amadeo doesn't make the news in Belgium as much as some other Belgian royals (as the king and queen, Mathilde & philippe, Laurent, ..), I study for journalist so I have to follow the news very good, and he really doesn't make it alot. That's why i think that not everyone will know who he is, especially not for the youngsters among us. I've asked some friends, and alot of them say they don't know him (when I only give them his name) but when i show his picture, it seems that suddenly they recognize him, they recall seeing him on television or in magazines. So i guess that most of the young people know Amadeo by seeing him somewhere.

His mother, princess Astrid is more known. And i'm very sure that of all the kids that she has, Prince Amadeo is the one that is best known.
Of course alot of girls here like him too, but it's not that there is a sort of "hype" going on. (like you see with Prince William from the UK for example).

I don't know people who have met him. I have seen some of the royals in the past, but i'm not sure if Amadeo is one of them because I was young at the time.
I do know that his grandmother, queen Paola, visited my mother when she was in the hospital once, she was there to visit the patients so my mom got lucky.

thanks Rebecca for answering my questions :flowers: . i hope your mum is better. is there any new news happing in belgium? has anyone heard, not just amedeo, but other members of his family speak english? is it with an english accent or an american , or even with an australian accent :lol: ?

somebody posted that prince amedeo likes enya? have u guys heard of that before?

jm83au said:
somebody posted that prince amedeo likes enya? have u guys heard of that before?
That 'somebody' was me. I searched for the link yeserday where I found the information, but it has now disappeared. It was years ago before we had to quote sources. Sorry.

Last edited:
Only one picture of Amedeo ? Grr, lazy photographers ! Anyway, thanks for the pictures. He looks better than ever. Laura Maria seems to have turned into quite a fashionista lately. Nice to see !

Yes Prince Amedeo hold arm his great-aunt Queen Fabiola. It is photo one on Prince Amedeo with Queen Fabiola.

hello!
I'm belgian! and I find the prince amedeo really beautiful!:) I'm sorry, I don't realy goed speek english, but I will try!
so, when will the prince come back in belgium? and does somebody know whether he has or had a girlfriend?
happy new year 2007!

pakret said:
hello!
I'm belgian! and I find the prince amedeo really beautiful!:) I'm sorry, I don't realy goed speek english, but I will try!
so, when will the prince come back in belgium? and does somebody know whether he has or had a girlfriend?
happy new year 2007!
Hi pakret and welcome :flowers:. It's always good to have another person join who finds that Prince Amedeo is handsome and hot ;) . I havn't heard anything about Amedeo having a girlfriend and if you follow this link...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/single-looking-11616.html#post552224
...I'm guessing niether has anyone else.
I hope he's not seeing anyone ;).
First off...Amedeo is very handsome and cute. Second...
pakret said:
I'm sorry, I don't realy goed speek english, but I will try!
thats alright, as long as your trying :cool: . Thirdly...
parket said:
so, when will the prince come back in belgium?
I would have thought that there would be something in the Belgium Newspapers about this. Well my guess is that he might be back for either the Belgium/National Day; Christmas Concert or attend a family event (like he did back in September) [I'm sure that you will keep us posted about any news ;) ]. My hope is that there will be new photos in Feb [his 21st birthday, I hope that Amedeo will do a photo shoot like he did with his 20th birthday].
Cheers and Good Luck for the New Year.

Last edited:
New edition of VTM Royalty online:
If you follow this website...
http://www.vtm.be/tv/index_programma_royalty_multimedia.htm
...and scroll under
De uitzending van 17 december 2006
...click on the first windows media link, called...
bekijk deel 1
...let the clip load
...fast forward to 6 min
...there should be a private family clip of the King and Queen and Princess Astrid's family (Pss. Astrid, Ps. Lorenz, Ps. Amedeo, Ps. Joachim and Pss. Maria Laura) at a restraunt/home, back in 1996. There is a close-up of Amedeo (spilling a glass of water or something, infront of King Albert and a lady coming to clean it up). Anyway it was a cute clip to watch even though I didn't understand the commentray (I think it's in Dutch or French).

Last edited:
he looks so cut in that clip. thanks for sharing. Though does anyone know what the commentators said.

I found something on another board which lead me to the following website...
http://www.angelfire.com/in3/theodore/royfacts/eurobirths.html
...I had no idea where to put this little bit of information (so I decided to post it here + in the German-Austrian Sub-forum part of T.R.F). I know it's a bit late to post this but I, myself just recently found out :flowers:.
...According to the link Amedeo has a new cousin (his father's/Ps. Lorenz's brother, Archduke Martin and wife, Princess Katharina, welcomed Archduke Bartholomäus Karl Robert of Austria into the world on July 27, 2006).

Last edited:
hi.. I'm new in this thread... I was wondering if Amadeo shares any title with his cousins the luxembourg children.. because, if I'm not mistaken, their grand mother and amadeo's are sisters... am I right??.. in other words, i'd like to know if amadeo's has any title apart from archiduke..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom