Engagement of Prince Amedeo with Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein 15/02/2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the correction Blue_, I didn't realize that a date had already been set. I find it interesting that they are getting married in Italy and not in Belgium. But then again, I remember reading that Lili was born in Rome, so perhaps that's why.

I think most of the wedding happens in the city/country of the bride. Felix of Luxemburg, Imre and Christoph Habsburg, ect. did it too. I did not expect them to marry in Brussels. Rome or even New York was more logical. Rumors says they'll move to Belgium after their wedding, if it's true it's a reason more for them to marry in Rome :)

Amedeo and Lili also said the wedding is going to be a traditional catholic wedding and an intimate one, with only friends and family.
No much pictures then, I guess :sad:

A Belgian newssite says they will marry in the summer and that it will be an intimate ceremony. They also say that, because the couple wants a traditional marriage, it's likely they will marry in Rome. They're not certain. I'm waiting for the tv-show Royalty for more news. It airs in an hour or two :)

I think most of the wedding happens in the city/country of the bride. Felix of Luxemburg, Imre and Christoph Habsburg, ect. did it too. I did not expect them to marry in Brussels. Rome or even New York was more logical. Rumors says they'll move to Belgium after their wedding, if it's true it's a reason more for them to marry in Rome :)

That's true, I'd forgotten about Claire and Felix, Imre and Kathleen and Christoph and his wife. The reason why I was unsure was because Mathilde married Philippe in Belgium, but that's probably because she is The Queen. :)

I don't know if that's a catholic tradition...but at least in Italy we have the tradition of having the wedding in the city/country of the bride (if the couple is from the same town they marry in the bride's parish church)
I'm glad they will have an italian wedding: mediterranean summers are the best for weddings...but honestly Rome is too hot in the summer
I never expected them to have a "public" wedding...but I hope their guest list will be more than "few friends and family"

That's true, I'd forgotten about Claire and Felix, Imre and Kathleen and Christoph and his wife. The reason why I was unsure was because Mathilde married Philippe in Belgium, but that's probably because she is The Queen. :)

Mathilde is a belgian too. But I guess she married in Brussels instaid of in Bastogne (where her family lived) because she married the heir and because she lived and worked in Brussels. Same goes for Princess Claire.

:previous: Isn't Mathilde Polish though? I remember reading that her father is Polish and Mathilde and her siblings grew up there. (That's why I mentioned Mathilde in my previous post.)

I don't know if that's a catholic tradition...but at least in Italy we have the tradition of having the wedding in the city/country of the bride (if the couple is from the same town they marry in the bride's parish church)
I'm glad they will have an italian wedding: mediterranean summers are the best for weddings...but honestly Rome is too hot in the summer
I never expected them to have a "public" wedding...but I hope their guest list will be more than "few friends and family"

Traditionally the wedding takes place in the parish of the bride because it's also a "goodbye-party". She leaves the country to live with her husband and rarely goes back there.
My tought exactly! It will be way too hot to have a wedding there...
Sadly, I strongly doubt they'll invite more than just friends and family :ermm:

It ias very often done in noble circles. Also here in Germany. For example the Hereditary Prince of Isenburg has announced his engagement a few days ago. And it was said that the religious Wedding will take place in Bavaria and not in Birstein where the have a big Castle which is managed by the Hereditary Prince. But in this case the civil Ceremony will be there. But in other families often the Wedding took place in the place from where the bride comes and not where the Family Castle is and they live after the Wedding.

:previous: Isn't Mathilde Polish though? I remember reading that her father is Polish and Mathilde and her siblings grew up there. (That's why I mentioned Mathilde in my previous post.)

Mathilde's mum is Polish but was born a grew up in Belgium (she doesn't speak a word of Polish I'm afraid). She married in Bruxelles clearly because her wedding was a state occasion since she married the hair. Same for Stephanie who got married in Luxembourg instead of Belgium.

Traditionally the wedding takes place in the parish of the bride because it's also a "goodbye-party". She leaves the country to live with her husband and rarely goes back there.
My tought exactly! It will be way too hot to have a wedding there...
Sadly, I strongly doubt they'll invite more than just friends and family :ermm:

Thankfully Amedeo seems to have a close relationship with his cousins from Luxembourg and Austria (Marie Astrid's children) and with Pierre Casiraghi (plus Beatrice Borromeo is sort of related to Elisabetta). Hopefully they will all be in attendance. If the rule of reciprocate the invitation is applied, Guillaume and Felix with their wives will be invited to the wedding (although I'm not sure Claire will be able to attend because of the pregnancy/new born baby)

Comgratulations to Amedeo and Elisabetta and their families. It is so good to see all of them very happy and excited in the pictures.

Thankfully Amedeo seems to have a close relationship with his cousins from Luxembourg and Austria (Marie Astrid's children) and with Pierre Casiraghi (plus Beatrice Borromeo is sort of related to Elisabetta). Hopefully they will all be in attendance. If the rule of reciprocate the invitation is applied, Guillaume and Felix with their wives will be invited to the wedding (although I'm not sure Claire will be able to attend because of the pregnancy/new born baby)

He was at Felix' wedding, but I can't remember if he was at Guillaume's.
And, even though he lives in New York, he didn't went to Imre's wedding in Washington DC...

Thank you for sharing the photos from the event. Lovely family pictures.

Congratulations to the couple! Although I always thought Prince Amedeo would marry a Princess.

I think we may see a lot of Benelux and non-reigning royals going to Rome this summer. In my opinion, we can expect many some Archdukes and Archduchesses of Austria, the Princes and Princesses of Ligne, The Duke and Duchess of Braganza, maybe some french royalty and the Orleans-Braganzas (although Prince Antonio and Princess Christine of Brazil will be hosting the wedding of their daughter, Princess Amélia, this summer, which is winter in their part of the world).

I was always fascinated by the non-reigning royals, the way they keep their traditions with so much honor and dignity, decades after the loss of their thrones. And Prince Amedeo is part non-reigning, as he's an Archduke of Austria-Este.

They look so happy together and she looks really nice :wub:

Maria Laura is absolutely gorgeous by the way.

What a stunning couple! I remember when he was born, he was always gorgeous and sweet. His mother looks very happy, a good sign, though they've been together for 6 years already.
I did not recognize Paola with the white hair, is that new?

Lili bears a striking resemblance to the late Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy in some photos, imo.

Thanks for the correction Blue_, I didn't realize that a date had already been set. I find it interesting that they are getting married in Italy and not in Belgium. But then again, I remember reading that Lili was born in Rome, so perhaps that's why.

He is also the heir to Modena.

Lili bears a striking resemblance to the late Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy in some photos, imo.

That's who she reminds me of. Thank you, as it's been driving me nuts!!

What lovely news and Congratulations to the Happy Couple!! :)

I noticed it immediately, especially in side views. Not to mention that she is also very tall and slender. Uncanny.

And what about Prince Carl-Phillip of Sweden?:lol:

Yes! Thank you, Biri. I knew that I was forgetting one or more.... Carl-Philip of Sweden isn't engaged yet, although he's pretty seriously attached!

Lovely news, congratulations to the couple! - is there a picture of her ring?

Queen Paolo looks so different I didn't recognise her at first.

What a stunning couple! I remember when he was born, he was always gorgeous and sweet. His mother looks very happy, a good sign, though they've been together for 6 years already.
I did not recognize Paola with the white hair, is that new?

I didn't recognize her either, so looks as if she is sick

Same here. Both she and King Albert have aged dramatically since the abdication, imo.

Princess Astrid was really beautiful and so happy.
Sad and silly, Prince Laurent did not want to be pictured!
He has bad days actually and I think Princess Astrid did not want his mourning face on the picture of such a real happy Event.

Back
Top Bottom