Twin Princes Nicolas and Aymeric for Claire & Laurent

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are the names Nicolas and Emeric just rumours? When will we know for definite?

Beck said:
So are the names Nicolas and Emeric just rumours? When will we know for definite?

I think Laurent will anounce them tomorrow. but i think Nicolas and Emeric is a pretty safe bet.

Congratulations to the parents and "big" sister Louise.
I would have liked the twins to be girls, of course.

Congratulations To Laurent & Claire, Louise and both Families including Albert II and Paola and all Belgium!!!!!!!!! :)

Nicholas is a nice name, I like it very much, indeed. But as for Emeric ... I could have found many names much more nicer than it!

Alexandra said:
Nicholas is a nice name, I like it very much, indeed. But as for Emeric ... I could have found many names much more nicer than it!

Saint Emeric or Imre
Emeric - Emeric I, king of Hungary 1174 - 1204
Emmerich/Imre Kalman - composer of operettas
Amerigo Vespuci ?

Btw. great gift for Christmas:)

I think Nicolas is a boring name, but I can of course see why they chose and like it. I'm surprised by Emeric, an old and very beautiful name. I hope for the little boy that he won't have to spell his name differently (Aymeric) in French.

They were born with a c-section, and their weight is normal.

Nothing is known yet about the godparents. Let's hope Laurent creates less fuss than last time. Père Guy Gilbert will baptize them.

Thank you! Did Guy Gilbert baptize Louise? and is he the priest that performed their marriage ceremony?

Emily said:
Thank you! Did Guy Gilbert baptize Louise? and is he the priest that performed their marriage ceremony?

Yes that's him, and yes he baptized Louise as well. He's a very close friend of Laurent.

Fuus

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I think Nicolas is a boring name, but I can of course see why they chose and like it. I'm surprised by Emeric, an old and very beautiful name. I hope for the little boy that he won't have to spell his name differently (Aymeric) in French.

They were born with a c-section, and their weight is normal.

Nothing is known yet about the godparents. Let's hope Laurent creates less fuss than last time. Père Guy Gilbert will baptize them.

Why was there a fuss?

Maybe it's best to look for the thread about Louise.

He wanted a muslim as godfather, that wasn't a problem, but he wanted Reza Phalavi and at the time their were diplomatic discussions going on to get two kinapped Belgo-Iranian girls from Iran back to Belgium. The Iranian authorities were not at all pleased with Laurent's choice and were not prepared to let the girls go. But all ended well, and Louise now has two godmothers and an unofficial godfather.

Oh

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Maybe it's best to look for the thread about Louise.

He wanted a muslim as godfather, that wasn't a problem, but he wanted Reza Phalavi and at the time their were diplomatic discussions going on to get two kinapped Belgo-Iranian girls from Iran back to Belgium. The Iranian authorities were not at all pleased with Laurent's choice and were not prepared to let the girls go. But all ended well, and Louise now has two godmothers and an unofficial godfather.

Thanks so much

purple_platinum said:
huh? 3-6 weeks, that means 1 - 1 1/2 months at the hospital?
pardon my not knowing, but Claire doesn't have to stay that long, right?
i hope we'll see Lorenz, Astrid, Philippe, Mathilde & their respective childrens visit the newborn twins...
a very Happy day for belgians!
She would only have to stay a week due to the cesarean, but she might wish to not be seperated from the kids. Mine had the same weight and we stayed only 2 weeks. If everything is fine healthwise, they can easily release them even if the weight is still low. They won't usually keep them just to watch them grow. Besides the family can easily afford a nurse at home.

Emilia said:
They boys are in incubator. In Belgium , when a baby weights less then 2 kg , there are premature. And just afther the birth , a baby can lose weight ( it's normal) , so I think they will have to spend a little while in the incubator , until they have a healthy weight .

The second baby weights already 2.21kg , but i think they consider him also as a premature because he is been born a month to early , and because he is a twin .
A twin born at eight month is not considered premature, within the seventh month they would be. They only need to spend time in an incubator if they have respiratory problems, otherwise they just need to be well covered and can stay in the normal hospital crib. My kids were 1,7 and 2 kg and were only for transportation to a hospital with a neonat in the incubator. But since I had cortison treatment to prevent lung probs with the children, their lungs were well developped. I should think that PC received a similar treatment ( which is in some countries standard with risky pregnancies, though uncomfortable for the mum) seeing that from the very beginning a premature birth had to be feared.

pollyemma said:
I think Laurent will anounce them tomorrow. but i think Nicolas and Emeric is a pretty safe bet.

Congratulations to the couple!
Yes the name will be announce tomorow.

Danielane said:
It's Camilla, not Maria Camilla.
There must have a mix up between Maria Chiara and Camilla ;)
Yes your rigth!..:eek:

I would think that Princess Claire will be in the hospital about a week and be able to be released as long as she has no complications from surgery. The twins probably will stay maybe 2-3 weeks as long as they're feeding okay and continue to gain weight and don't develop complications. For some reason boys tend to not do as well as girls sometimes, but I think these little guys will be okay because they've started at good weight and were only a month early.:cool:

fanletizia said:
Prince Philip and family arrive 14 December 2005 at the Saint-Luc University Hospital near Brussels to visit Princess Claire of Belgium, the British-born wife of Prince Laurent, who gave birth to twin boys 13 December 2005, one month before term.

from getty

More pictures.

Apparently Gabriel wasn't there.

Attachments

• 56432425.jpg
    56432425.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 56432422.jpg
    56432422.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 56432420.jpg
    56432420.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 56432419.jpg
    56432419.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 257
  • 56432418.jpg
    56432418.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 236
  • 56432411.jpg
    56432411.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 56432409.jpg
    56432409.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 56432161.jpg
    56432161.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 56432416.jpg
    56432416.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 56432415.jpg
    56432415.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 209
Pictures from Belga.

December 14th.

Laurent and Louise visiting Claire and the twins.

Attachments

• p3696632.jpg
    p3696632.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 376
  • p3696634.jpg
    p3696634.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 433
  • p3696645.jpg
    p3696645.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 393
Finally! A picture of Prince Laurent smiling. Every other picture that has been posted, he seems to be bored or annoyed. I am glad to see a picture of him smiling and happy. Little Louise is adorable and looks like she is wondering what all the fuss is about?
Thanks for posting pictures. I do so love to see them. Your efforts are apppreciated.
Linda 85

The last picture i quite fun. I can see some resemblences in Louise from Astrid or is it just me?

Mette2 -- thank you so much for the additional shots of the Duke and Duchess of Brabant with Elisabeth. Not only is PM's cardigan very pretty but Elisabeth has a beautiful coat -- lovely and warm looking!

Congratulations to Prince Laurent, Princess Claire, and Princess Louise on the birth of Princes Nicolas and Emeric :) !

wow... thanks for all the pictures.
little Elisabeth must've getting used to visit newborn babies now.. gabriel, emmanuel, now the twins..

from belgapic :
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM : Michael Lerois-Anderson, employee of Wittamer pastry, presents a cake, Wednesday 14 December 2005, at the Saint-Luc Universitary hospital near Brussels, aimed at Princess Claire of Belgium, the British-born wife of Prince Laurent, who gave birth to twin boys Nicolas and Emeric on Tuesday one month before term. The twins, reported by the palace to be in fine health, have a sister Louise who was born on February 6, 2004.

hmm...the cake looks delicious... perfect to taste after giving birth to twin...
i see a british flag on the cake...

So if one of the sons name is Emeric (if the rumor proves to be true)....how do you pronounce that. Is it Emer-ic? Or E-mer-ic? Sorry if I totally hacked up pronouncing it, but I was just wondering. :)
If those names prove to be true....they are very nice.

Thanks everyone for the photos. I have to say, I just adore the names Nicolas and Emeric - Emeric especially. The names both have such lovely 'rings' to them.

I have a twin brother. Everywhere we go, people actually think we're married...really! :):):)

Mette2 said:
Pictures from Belga.

December 14th.

Laurent and Louise visiting Claire and the twins.

I think Louise is starting to look more like her Mother in these photos.. She certainly is beconing a very pretty little girl. Hope the boys will be as good looking :p

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom