Prince Laurent, Princess Claire & Family - News & Events, Part 5; Jan 2014 - Dec 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posts about Prince Laurent's health and his admitance to the hospital have been moved here.

There were rumours about it earlier, but it seems clear now that Prince Laurent will become goodwill ambassador for the food & agriculture organisation (FAO) of the UN.

Laurent krijgt job bij voedselorganisatie - HLN.be

----
And some other news: the children of Laurent are going to a French school in Uccle as the prince has no faith in the Belgian school system:

Kinderen Laurent naar Franse school door gebrek aan vertrouwen in Belgische - HLN.be

The French school teaches half of the time in English.

Last edited:

A few hours ago Princess Claire has tweeted a pic of her excited soccer fans ;) prior to today's soccer match between the Belgian national team The Red Devils and Algeria played in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, the first game in Group H of the first round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Together with the pic she posted:

"Your fans are ready and "expecting the impossible". Best of luck to the Red Devils."

A nice and funny idea :)

** Pic ** twitter **

A few hours ago Princess Claire has tweeted a pic of her excited soccer fans ;) prior to today's soccer match between the Belgian national team The Red Devils and Algeria played in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, the first game in Group H of the first round of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

Together with the pic she posted:

"Your fans are ready and "expecting the impossible". Best of luck to the Red Devils."

A nice and funny idea :)

** Pic ** twitter **

Lovely pic :flowers:

That is a lovely photo! I wish more Royals had twitter.

Fun to think that they have been sitting on the couch together and probably shout at the tv just like other families :) lovely pic!

Thanks! It is always nice to see pictures of this family, and the facebook account also has a photo of Claire's parents and the lovely Princess Léa.

Last edited:
Thanks! It is always nice to see pictures of this family, and the facebook account also has a photo of Claire's parents and the lovely Princess Léa.

I think Lea is close to them, I remember seeing her at the twins' first communion as well and she went with Claire and Natan to name his namesake flower :flowers:

A few years ago She gave her mother's house for one of Prince Laurent's projects.

A few years ago She gave her mother's house for one of Prince Laurent's projects.

it's so nice to see him having good relationships with at least some members of the family :)

Good to see the prince at his new job. I hope his health will continue to improve and that he won't disappoint his brother's trust. I am really happy with the way the king handled this situation.

Ditto Marengo. Philippe has surprised me in so many ways with the way he has approached conflict and problems during his first year on the Throne. I hope Laurent has turned a corner, and that this is a positive new chapter in his life.

I really like how Philippe is giving Laurent more work to do, shows his trust in his brother and I think it will give the younger one a world of good.

:previous: I am amazed at how much faith Philippe has shown in his brother Prince Laurent. Am I wrong in believing that he had a very low profile and generally wasn't a working royal until Philippe succeeded. He just seems to have a much higher profile now and has more gravitas.

So too with Laurent's wife Princess Claire being entrusted to represent King Philippe at the Franco-Belgian ceremony for the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day landings. That was no small event.

It just seems as though their duties have more substance than fluff and that they and their family seems to be thriving if the snaps from watching the World Cup are any indication.

I've seen on a FB page a picture (i'm not showing it here because I'm not sure I can use it) of the King visiting the Pantheon in Rome the day after Prince Amedeo's wedding with his family and with Laurent and his family. This shows to me how close they are and it clearly reflect on the public side.

Last edited:
He did it well , He is the only Prince who can represent the King for the moment !
The relationship with the brothers is never bad , the King visited his brother when he was ill and at the hospital several times.

For our National day 21th of July , Laurent and Astrid will attend. I wonder who will have the "second place " ?

:previous:I think Princess Elizabeth, as she is now the Duchess of Brabant.
For Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent things as they were always remain.

:previous: I am amazed at how much faith Philippe has shown in his brother Prince Laurent. Am I wrong in believing that he had a very low profile and generally wasn't a working royal until Philippe succeeded. He just seems to have a much higher profile now and has more gravitas.

So too with Laurent's wife Princess Claire being entrusted to represent King Philippe at the Franco-Belgian ceremony for the 70th Anniversary of the D-Day landings. That was no small event.

It just seems as though their duties have more substance than fluff and that they and their family seems to be thriving if the snaps from watching the World Cup are any indication.

The relationship between Albert and Laurent has always been very bad, so the former King didn't really want to do much with his younger son, while Philippe has always sided with his brother and it is showing right now when he's King.

Philippe understands his children are still too young to carry on official duties, so he's asking his siblings to step up and they are repaying his faith on them.

Claire is very liked in the royal family, was asked to be godmother of one of P&M children, I've seen her chatting and having a good time with Lorenz, with Astrid, with the former monarchs, even with Princess Lea and Philippe knows he can count on her as well.

Prince Laurent represented King Philippe during the arrival ceremony for the first bodies from flight MH17 in Eindhoven, Netherlands, today, July 23.

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Laurent seems to be a very decent guy. I saw some picture of him wiping his eyes. He is not oblivious. He seems to care.

It is great that Prince Laurent undertook an engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom