Tessy Antony-de Nassau, News and Events 1: April 2019 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessy lost her titles and royal style some time ago. My guess would be that she will want to keep 'Nassau', so probably she'll be Floessel-de Nassau from now on?! Her argument to keep Nassau (which is not a common practice in Luxembourg!) was that she wanted to share a surname with their sons. So, given that her next child will be a Floessel, I assume she'll want to carry both surnames.

there are lots of speculations on her future surname. Knowing her she will do everything to keep that title (former princess...blablabla) And, honestly I believe that Frank is on her side. Maybe he will get her name , such asl Frank Floessel-de Nassau. it would not surprise me, because I have a feeling that he loves titles too. Her sons have inherited the titles and can use them , no question about that.
We will see what happens, but, as I have known her in the past, I cannot imagine that she will be content with being Mrs. Floessel in the future. If that had been her ambition she would not have dragged him also into the excessive social media world. But, he seems to love it. So good luck to them both!

Interesting is the fact that none of his family in Switzerland was present at the wedding, maybe they are publicity-shy. But, I have a feeling that his parents and sister are not eager about having their pictures taken and spreading them all over. That picture she posted "My family" just showed her , him and the three children. Knowing Tessy she would have loved to embrace the whole family, but there are indivuduals who dont want to play her game. And, she must learn to accept it

Don't you think that had everything to do with how Tessy behaved during the divorce proceeding? Publicly (on social media) trashing your in-laws doesn't seem to be a way to work towards a continued cordial relationship with the family whose title and surname you so desperately want to cling to.

The family is still inviting Jean's first wife who didn't get off to a good start either, so it's not their general practice that they completely separate themselves from former spouses. [...]

I am sure that Tessy's social media account did not help matters any.

Regarding the family's relationship with Jean's first wife, Helene, it seems to me that it is at the expense of Jean's second wife, Diane. What is that about?

Is "Antony-de Nassau" her legal name since her divorce from Louis? I don't remember if it was stated/printed.

Else I would say "De Nassau-Floessel, née Antony".
Or is "née" only used in the UK? If so, then I suspect nothing will change.

I assume so as that is what the Cour Grand Ducal indicated to be her name after the divorce; see this post on Luxarazzi.

She went to court because she thought she should have gotten more, according to the law she couldn't really because the wealth is not in Louis' personal possession and that was it really. That does not mean that the Lux Family should not have given her a lump sum, as I think is more common in royal divorces, beyond paying for the children. Legally they were not obliged, but it was not a good look for them as a very wealthy Grand Ducal Family in my opinion.

I am not so sure it is common for royal families to give financial settlements (beyond paying for the children and legal obligations) to divorced spouses who never took on official responsibilities nor compromised their jobs and earnings out of duty to the royal family. Are there any examples of when it happened? I believe that Jaime de Marichalar, who unlike Tessy was a part-time working royal during his marriage to Infanta Elena, but like Tessy was able to pursue a career, ultimately was obliged to pay child support to the Infanta instead of the other way around.

The house laws of the grand-ducal house set out options to provide financial allowances to children, spouses, and widows/widowers. Settlements for ex-spouses are not covered. (The house laws were last updated in 2012, long before the breakdown of Prince Louis and Princess Tessy's marriage.)

Family Pact of the House of Nassau

And while it is not a lump sum, I would say that Tessy Antony-de Nassau was de facto granted a generous personal settlement, given that her former in-laws agreed to subsidize the expense of an apartment where she would be able to reside full time, even during her sons' absences, until they completed university.

Is "Antony-de Nassau" her legal name since her divorce from Louis? I don't remember if it was stated/printed.

The press release of the grand-ducal court did not specify whether Antony-de Nassau would be her legal surname or only the surname she would use.

Congratulations to Tessy, Frank, and their families! Wishing them much happiness. I'm not a huge fan of the wedding dress but it doesn't matter. She looks happy and radiant.

It would have been a kind gesture if the GDF invited Tessy to GD Jean's funeral. However the relationship seems/is poor and I recall the divorce was recently finalized so emotions were likely still raw. Prince Jean's ex-wife Hélène Vestur was invited and continues to be included at family events so clearly the GDF doesn't exclude all ex-partners.

Maria Teresa seems to be the person Tessy has the most gripes about. She claimed MT got organizers to disinvite her from an international women's/humanitarian(?) conference. MT is also widely assumed to be the person when Tessy claimed "someone" wouldn't allow her stay Princess of Luxembourg. Didn't she react during the Waringo report investigation/publication? There was an instagram post where Tessy mentioned witnessing poor treatment of GDF staff without pointing directly at MT.

Louis mentioned during a divorce proceeding that they married young and praised Tessy for her efforts and representation but ultimately the marriage did not work. I recall the GDF isn't as wealthy as assumed and most of the funds are locked in trusts/investments. Wasn't there something about Louis getting an advance on his share? It would be unfair to his siblings if he got more to give Tessy a bigger settlement?

I admire Tessy's drive and ambition. I agree with Heavs that Tessy dilutes her actual achievements with fluff and "global-can-do-it-all" persona. Non-profit education co-founder, humanitarian, women's rights advocate, fashion design, consultancy, etc.

The Nassaus are one of the wealthiest Royal Houses but they have BIG families and on the Continent the inheritance laws are based on the Code Napoléon which means: all children get an equal share.

Louis is one of five children of Grand-Duke Henri.
Henri is one of five children of Grand-Duke Jean.
Jean is one of six children of Grand-Duchess Charlotte.
Charlotte is one of six children of Grand-Duke Guillaume.

So the massive fortune of Guillaume of Nassau, whose father inherited Luxembourg because he had precedence before Wilhelmina of Orange-Nassau according a Nassau Family Pact, will be quite watered down now.

What became clear during the lawsuit started by Tessy, was that with the appartement in Paris, the house in London, the staff and utilities and the handouts Prince Louis received, he had more or less no inheritance anymore to receive, he has already "eaten" his share, so to say.

Last edited:

Else I would say "De Nassau-Floessel, née Antony".
Or is "née" only used in the UK? If so, then I suspect nothing will change.

The question is is she can use the de Nassau further without permission of her former in-laws.

Looking at the press releases the English version says "For the sake of the children TRH has been pleased to grant Mrs Antony the favour of adding de Nassau to her name." It doesn't specify "until such time as she remarries" or whether it's her's legally and isn't a title like Sarah, Duchess of York that she would automatically lose upon remarrying.

I can see that she might well want to carry on using de Nassau in some form. It is her sons' name and I'm sure opens a lot of doors. However if she doesn't add Floessel as well then she opens herself up to claims of hypocrisy as she won't have the same name as her other son.

So perhaps De Nassau-Floessel is in her future.

Is it common for Swiss men to take their wife's name? Especially when it was her former married name? I doubt the GDF would be very happy if Frank did that and there's no indication that he's going to or wants to become De Nassau-Floessel, but it will be interesting to see.

Then again she might surprise us and go by just Floessel.

Just looking at her Instagram this morning she has posted an update which is very her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRvbVL6pE-p/

Last edited:
I don't know about Switzerland, but in Germany there are more and more men who are taking the wife's name after marriage, it happened in my family too.
But, you are right, the GDF would not allow Frank to adopt the name "de Nassau", which is understandable. "de Nassau-Floessel" is probably the best option.
The update on her IG ist just....I'm out of words for it. Each time she starts one of these boastful self-promoting actions she had had to endure a lot of criticism (that is what I have noticed often). Then she has the need to defend herself .
The wedding pictures were published in the DM and 90 percent of the comments
were very negative and nasty. She has probably read them.

She is not capable of humbleness and once in a while a little self-criticism would be good for her.
If you present your self in the public so extensively as she has been doing it for years you must realize that there are also lots of people who don't like you and don't approve of the things you are showing.
I was really shocked when the published a sonograph of her unborn child and gave it to the DM. Even an unborn has a right for privacy!

Helène Vestur had a Child with Prince Jean of Luxembourg. They married (without family attendance) and became Nassau. I think Grand Duke Henri made them Princes of Luxembourg as their Children.
They divorced and Hélène Vestur took her former surname. She is always welcome in the Family.
Prince jean married Diane de Guerre and I don't know if she Princess of Luxembourg?
Please correct me ? What a difficult Situation .

But, you are right, the GDF would not allow Frank to adopt the name "de Nassau", which is understandable. "de Nassau-Floessel" is probably the best option.
I doubt that the Grand ducal family could stop a foreign national from taking his wife's surname as long as he doesn't reside in Luxembourg. Unless, of course, if there's a clause against it in the divorce settlement.

Last edited:
Helène Vestur had a Child with Prince Jean of Luxembourg. They married (without family attendance) and became Nassau. I think Grand Duke Henri made them Princes of Luxembourg as their Children.
They divorced and Hélène Vestur took her former surname. She is always welcome in the Family.
Prince jean married Diane de Guerre and I don't know if she Princess of Luxembourg?
Please correct me ? What a difficult Situation .

Acutrally jean's siblings were present at his and Hélène's Wedding but his parents didn't attend.

At first they had the surname Nassau without de. Then in 1994 GD Jean made Hélène and her children Count/Countess of Nassau and in 2004 GD Henri made her children HRH Prince/Princess of Nassau. Hélène and Jean were already divorced then and he gone back to her name of birth.

Jean's second wife is Countess of Nassau.

The Nassaus are one of the wealthiest Royal Houses but they have BIG families and on the Continent the inheritance laws are based on the Code Napoléon which means: all children get an equal share.

Louis is one of five children of Grand-Duke Henri.
Henri is one of five children of Grand-Duke Jean.
Jean is one of six children of Grand-Duchess Charlotte.
Charlotte is one of six children of Grand-Duke Guillaume.

So the massive fortune of Guillaume of Nassau, whose father inherited Luxembourg because he had precedence before Wilhelmina of Orange-Nassau according a Nassau Family Pact, will be quite watered down now.

But according to the Nassau Family Pact (see the translation upthread) part of the fortune is bound up within the Grand-Ducal Entail which follows the bearer of the crown.

What became clear during the lawsuit started by Tessy, was that with the appartement in Paris, the house in London, the staff and utilities and the handouts Prince Louis received, he had more or less no inheritance anymore to receive, he has already "eaten" his share, so to say.

I did not see that in the judgment, also posted upthread. Reading the judgment I have the impression that he has not received an inheritance for the simple reason that his parents are still living.

I doubt that the Grand ducal family could stop a foreign national from taking his wife's surname as long as he doesn't reside in Luxembourg. Unless, of course, if there's a clause against it in the divorce settlement.

True, but the same could be said about the grand-ducal family's ability to stop a resident of England or Switzerland from using "Princess of Luxembourg". But in spite of her oft stated wish to remain a princess and her apparently poor relationship with the grand duke and duchess, Tessy Antony-de Nassau has shown respect for the house laws on divorced wives and the decision made by the Grand Duke not to exempt her from them, and stopped using Princess of Luxembourg.

Last edited:
Perhaps there was a clause in the divorce stating she could use the surname “de Nassau” until the event that she would remarry?

Maybe she will go by Tessy Antony de Nassau Floessel? Quite the mouthful!

But according to the Nassau Family Pact (see the translation upthread) part of the fortune is bound up within the Grand-Ducal Entail which follows the bearer of the crown.

I did not see that in the judgment, also posted upthread. Reading the judgment I have the impression that he has not received an inheritance for the simple reason that his parents are still living.

True, but the same could be said about the grand-ducal family's ability to stop a resident of England or Switzerland from using "Princess of Luxembourg". But in spite of her oft stated wish to remain a princess and her apparently poor relationship with the grand duke and duchess, Tessy Antony-de Nassau has shown respect for the house laws on divorced wives and the decision made by the Grand Duke not to exempt her from them, and stopped using Princess of Luxembourg.

Well, she had to stop using "princess of Luxembourg" because she lost the title with her divorce, but she always and everywhere refers to her being "Former" princess of luxembourg"

Referring to the court judgement I remember reading that she asked for part of his inheritance which, as you have stated, he will only get when the parents have died. Which is just the normal procedure. Years ago the court papers were published in the internet, quite legally.

The judge also argued that it would have been unfair to the other siblings if Louis exwife would get part of his inheritance. In that case they all would have to give money to exwifes in advance, before the death of the parents.

I can imagine that after Tessy's demands the GDF made up new rules in case of future divorce claims of their children's partners.

Referring to the court judgement I remember reading that she asked for part of his inheritance which, as you have stated, he will only get when the parents have died. Which is just the normal procedure. Years ago the court papers were published in the internet, quite legally.

The judge also argued that it would have been unfair to the other siblings if Louis exwife would get part of his inheritance. In that case they all would have to give money to exwifes in advance, before the death of the parents.

And at the time of the divorce GD Jean was still alive so perhaps most of the fortune was still with him and not even with GD Henri.

[.....]

[.....]

That Louis has already "eaten" into his inheritance is my conclusion from the Court papers, with each child apparently having the prospect between 500.000 and 1.000.000 Euro inheritance (in fortune, not necessarily in cash money, remember the auction of the late Grand-Duchess' properties to free money for distribution).

"
With respect to the issue of the inheritance prospects of the husband, it is accepted by the husband that he has already received inheritance monies in the sum of €510,750. The husband however, contends that his prospects for any further inheritance remain uncertain. In his answers to the wife's questionnaire, the husband conceded that at the time the early payment was made there was discussion of the further inheritance monies, possibly in the region of €1M, being paid to him and his siblings were this to be affordable. The husband asserts however, that this was stated as no more than a possibility and certainly not a firm expectation, with no timescale being discussed. The husband repeated this position in his statement. Within this context, the husband contended that he has no expectation of receiving any further inheritance in the foreseeable future. The wife rejected this assertion and stated that it had been made it clear that this future payment was "much more than a possibility". The wife however, conceded in cross-examination that no timeline had been discussed.

"

Last edited:
Her wedding dress was cute but I thought ill fitting. She looks lovely and wish we could see more photos of the wedding and guests!

Perhaps there was a clause in the divorce stating she could use the surname “de Nassau” until the event that she would remarry?

According to the communiqué from the grand-ducal court, which was posted upthread:

Par égard pour les enfants, Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse ont accordé à Madame Antony la faveur particulière de rajouter le nom « de Nassau » à son nom Antony, afin qu’elle puisse porter aussi le nom de ses enfants. Elle s’appellera donc Madame Tessy Antony-de Nassau à partir de septembre 2019.

(Out of consideration for the children, Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess have accorded Ms. Antony the special favor of attaching the surname "de Nassau" to her surname Antony, in order that she may also bear the surname of her children. She will therefore be named Ms. Tessy Antony-de Nassau beginning in September 2019.)​

From that I would infer that the favor of using the surname "de Nassau" was for her lifetime, since one would assume that bearing the surname of her children would remain important to her even if she remarried.

Well, she had to stop using "princess of Luxembourg" because she lost the title with her divorce, [...]

It is common practice for Europeans to use titles they formally do not have. Princess Marie-Astrid is only a Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, and Princess of Bourbon of Parma according to the law, but she and the Grand-Ducal Court refer to her as Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria, a title that her husband's family lost before he was born. The second wife of Prince Jean is only a Countess of Nassau according to the House Laws and the Grand-Ducal Court, but she refers to herself as Princess Diane of Luxembourg.

It is to Tessy's credit that she stopped using her titles after losing them. Realistically, there is little prospect that the Grand Duke could have stopped her if she had kept on referring to herself as Princess Tessy of Luxembourg. I doubt that he could have had her charged with a criminal offense or taken legal actions against her in London (or Switzerland).

That Louis has already "eaten" into his inheritance is my conclusion from the Court papers, with each child apparently having the prospect between 500.000 and 1.000.000 Euro inheritance (in fortune, not necessarily in cash money, remember the auction of the late Grand-Duchess' properties to free money for distribution).

"
With respect to the issue of the inheritance prospects of the husband, it is accepted by the husband that he has already received inheritance monies in the sum of €510,750. The husband however, contends that his prospects for any further inheritance remain uncertain. In his answers to the wife's questionnaire, the husband conceded that at the time the early payment was made there was discussion of the further inheritance monies, possibly in the region of €1M, being paid to him and his siblings were this to be affordable. The husband asserts however, that this was stated as no more than a possibility and certainly not a firm expectation, with no timescale being discussed. The husband repeated this position in his statement. Within this context, the husband contended that he has no expectation of receiving any further inheritance in the foreseeable future. The wife rejected this assertion and stated that it had been made it clear that this future payment was "much more than a possibility". The wife however, conceded in cross-examination that no timeline had been discussed.

"

Thank you. My apologies, I had indeed forgotten about the €510,750 advance on his future inheritance.

According to the communiqué from the grand-ducal court, which was posted upthread:

Par égard pour les enfants, Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse ont accordé à Madame Antony la faveur particulière de rajouter le nom « de Nassau » à son nom Antony, afin qu’elle puisse porter aussi le nom de ses enfants. Elle s’appellera donc Madame Tessy Antony-de Nassau à partir de septembre 2019.

(Out of consideration for the children, Their Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess have accorded Ms. Antony the special favor of attaching the surname "de Nassau" to her surname Antony, in order that she may also bear the surname of her children. She will therefore be named Ms. Tessy Antony-de Nassau beginning in September 2019.)​

From that I would infer that the favor of using the surname "de Nassau" was for her lifetime, since one would assume that bearing the surname of her children would remain important to her even if she remarried.

It is common practice for Europeans to use titles they formally do not have. Princess Marie-Astrid is only a Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, and Princess of Bourbon of Parma according to the law, but she and the Grand-Ducal Court refer to her as Archduchess Marie-Astrid of Austria, a title that her husband's family lost before he was born. The second wife of Prince Jean is only a Countess of Nassau according to the House Laws and the Grand-Ducal Court, but she refers to herself as Princess Diane of Luxembourg.

It is to Tessy's credit that she stopped using her titles after losing them. Realistically, there is little prospect that the Grand Duke could have stopped her if she had kept on referring to herself as Princess Tessy of Luxembourg. I doubt that he could have had her charged with a criminal offense or taken legal actions against her in London (or Switzerland).

Thank you. My apologies, I had indeed forgotten about the €510,750 advance on his future inheritance.

Which indeed means that the fortune of the House of Nassau is a separate entity, administered by an office named Administration des Biens du Grand-Duc. That is the "fabulous wealth" certain periodicals love to claim.

The private fortune (which is not to be read as "cash") of the current Grand-Duke and of his four siblings will be some more than 5 million Euro each. Meaning the late Jean of Nassau had a personal fortune of around 25 million Euro.

In comparison: is believed that back then in 1962 Wilhelmina of Orange-Nassau left 15 million guilders to each of her four granddaughters and it is believed Juliana of Orange-Nassau left around 12 million Euro to each of her daughters. That means Beatrix and her sisters are (were) worth around 25 million Euro each in private fortune. This correspondents with the figure attributed to their Luxembourgian cousins (Jean, Elisabeth, Marie-Adelaide, Marie-Gabrielle, Charles and Alix).

For so far the wild stories about "billionaire" royals with limitless amounts of money.

Last edited:
Her wedding dress was cute but I thought ill fitting. She looks lovely and wish we could see more photos of the wedding and guests!

No problem with that! Tessy has, as usual posted her wedding pictures on all social media in Europe. Daily mail, every other tabloid in Europe that has a section of "royals". Just search for it and you will find it. Or just go on her Instagram, facebook, twitter.

If you are living in the US it might be difficult

I personally think there's a difference between using the defunct titles and styles of a former reigning house socially and continuing to style herself HRH Princess Tessy of Luxembourg when it was explicitly against her former in law's wishes that they have publicly announced and they're still a reigning House. Whether or not they can actually do anything legally. It would also lose her a lot of support in the circles that might matter to her and potentially means they're less likely to be amenable to things she wants later on.

Most (all?) divorced ex royals abide by their titles being stripped or modified so I don't necessarily give her credit for that part.

I do expect she'll keep De Nassau as that's part of her different businesses as well as her sons' name but it would look grasping if her new husband added it as well. Not that there is any indication he will right now.

Looking at the press releases the English version says "For the sake of the children TRH has been pleased to grant Mrs Antony the favour of adding de Nassau to her name." It doesn't specify "until such time as she remarries" or whether it's her's legally and isn't a title like Sarah, Duchess of York that she would automatically lose upon remarrying.

I can see that she might well want to carry on using de Nassau in some form. It is her sons' name and I'm sure opens a lot of doors. However if she doesn't add Floessel as well then she opens herself up to claims of hypocrisy as she won't have the same name as her other son.

So perhaps De Nassau-Floessel is in her future.

Is it common for Swiss men to take their wife's name? Especially when it was her former married name? I doubt the GDF would be very happy if Frank did that and there's no indication that he's going to or wants to become De Nassau-Floessel, but it will be interesting to see.

Then again she might surprise us and go by just Floessel.

Just looking at her Instagram this morning she has posted an update which is very her.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRvbVL6pE-p/

I don't know about Switzerland, but in Germany there are more and more men who are taking the wife's name after marriage, it happened in my family too.
The update on her IG ist just....I'm out of words for it. Each time she starts one of these boastful self-promoting actions she had had to endure a lot of criticism (that is what I have noticed often). Then she has the need to defend herself .
The wedding pictures were published in the DM and 90 percent of the comments
were very negative and nasty. She has probably read them.

I am trying to understand while all of you think that she will switch the surnames and put 'de Nassau' first. Until her marriage yesterday she was Antony-de Nassau. She was allowed 'to add' de Nassau to her name. So, that to me suggest that she may ADD de Nassau to Floessel if that is the name she took upon marriage but to me the logical order in that case would be Floessel-de Nassau (so replace 'Antony' with 'Floessel').

I don't expect her to keep Antony. She was really hesitant to start using it again. It's the 'de Nassau' part that is important to her, I think she is fine not using her maiden name (she didn't use it during her first marriage either).

An important difference seems to be 'a foreign national' vs 'a resident who is a Luxembourgian national'. I am quite sure Luxembourg has jurisdiction of her naming. While theoretically anyone could use a style and title they don't have; so, Tessy could probably do so whether she was living in Luxembourg or abroad but not on any official paperwork; and in Luxembourg everyone would know that she was just pretending to still be a princess...

Does anyone know whether legal action can be undertaken if random people use titles they don't possess in social situations?

However, do not worry, the big wedding ceremony will be held in a few months time after baby has arrived and i am sure by then that the corona regulations should be adjusted.

What is this talk about a 'big ceremony' that is yet to follow according to Tessy? But what ceremony will that be? A church wedding is not possible without an annulment and a 'party' is not a 'ceremony'.

'We are getting married next week and despite loads of last minute work and other arrangements, everyone is super looking forward for Mama and Papa to formalise this relationship before little bean arrives.'

'Enjoy your weekend. Mama will take some time off now this weekend and soak in family love and snuggles on the sofa together. Sending you all a big hug!'

Her use of 'Mama' and 'Papa' to refer to herself and her new husband is also cringeworthy.

:previous: Yes...I thought I was the only one who caught that "big wedding ceremony to follow" thing. Why in the world is that necessary?! A bigger party to include more friends and family for sure. But surely not a big formal ceremony!

One thing that Tessy is consistent with is her lack of good taste and/or discretion.:ermm:

ETA: It is not certain that the groom is Catholic. Perhaps Tessy is perfectly ok with having a Protestant ceremony for her 2nd ceremony. In that case no need to wait for Rome to grant her an annulment.

Last edited:
Actually, Jean's siblings were present at his and Hélène's wedding, but his parents didn't attend.

At first they had the surname Nassau without de. Then in 1994 GD Jean made Hélène and her children Count/Countess of Nassau and in 2004 GD Henri made her children HRH Prince/Princess of Nassau. Hélène and Jean were already divorced then and she had gone back to her name of birth.

Jean's second wife [Diane de Guerre] is Countess of Nassau.

When Prince Jean remarried, the only family member who attended his wedding was his brother, Prince Guillaume. I assume that this means that the royal family disapproved of his marriage to Diane, for some reason.

Not sure why Diane would only be Countess of Nassau. Will the same hold true for Louis' second wife, Scarlet-Lauren, even though Tessy was a princess?

I am trying to understand while all of you think that she will switch the surnames and put 'de Nassau' first. Until her marriage yesterday she was Antony-de Nassau. She was allowed 'to add' de Nassau to her name. So, that to me suggest that she may ADD de Nassau to Floessel if that is the name she took upon marriage but to me the logical order in that case would be Floessel-de Nassau (so replace 'Antony' with 'Floessel').

As I see it: born Antony, first married name (or at least the name she got to keep from her marriage simply because it produced offspring) de Nassau and second married name Floessel.

In the Netherlands it is custom to add your husband's name before your own (say if Renate Jansen marries Frank Visser, then she usually becomes Renate Visser-Jansen), but for abroad I am used to the other way round.

Hence I used Tessy de Nassau-Floessel née Antony in my original post.

I don't expect her to keep Antony. She was really hesitant to start using it again. It's the 'de Nassau' part that is important to her, I think she is fine not using her maiden name (she didn't use it during her first marriage either).
We'll see whether she changes her Instagram name, up to now it is Tessy Antony De Nassau (she doesnt hyphenate).

"I don't expect her to keep Antony. She was really hesitant to start using it again. It's the 'de Nassau' part that is important to her, I think she is fine not using her maiden name (she didn't use it during her first marriage either)." quote

I don't think it makes a difference if she uses Floessel or de Nassau first or second.
I kept the name of my first husband because of my daughter. I felt that it would be not fair to omit her fathers name. When I married my second husband I just added my new married name for my son of the second marriage. Thats why I have the double-name, some people did not understand why i did not omit the first marriage name. At that point my maiden name was of no importance.

If I had not had children , which was always my concern, i probably would have gone back to my maiden name or just accepted the last name of my second husband which I fortunately have been married to for 33 years.

:previous: Her new husband is reportedly very wealthy, they will probably maintain both homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom