Tessy Antony-de Nassau, News and Events 1: April 2019 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I see you don't like her. But she is free to make know her love for Great Duke Jean and that Great Duchess Maria Teresa wasn't kind to her when she was married to her son. She is not the only one person that says that Maria Teresa wasn't easy. We don't know what is the whole truth, but she is not part of the Ducal Family at all and is absolutely free to speak her mind. And to tell her sorrow and anger for not being invited to share the funeral with their children. I hope the best for her and her career and her new fiancee. Perhaps she won't have a civilized relationship with his ex husband's parents, but it's something that happens quite often. And time can soften it.

Grand Duc Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte did ot attend the Wedding of Prince Jean with Hélène Vestur.
Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess MT celebrate the Wedding of Prince Louis with Tessy Anthony...
Hélène Vestur is a very clever Lady and never used the media ...
Tessy did not congratulate the Grand Ducs for their 40 years Wedding ...

Well...their 40 year anniversary is not until Feb14th...so there is still time!;)

The reason given for granting her permission to continue using her ex-husband's name was for her to share the name of her children. That would continue to be relevant after remarriage.

As a child of divorced parents, I wanted to comment on this. My mom used to use her maiden name before my parents divorced. My mother is not the biggest fan of my father and does not want the daily reminder of his last name- it wasn’t a cordial split like Tessy and Louis where they are still friends. However- I distinctly remember when my mother made the decision to switch from her maiden name to her (former) married name. She said she wanted to have the same last name as us, her children, and for there to be no confusion for us or others. I can remember prior to this, others being unsure what to call her, how to address her, and I’m sure questioning her relationship to us. Even with the times changing and the world progressing, there would still be doubt from school officials and strangers about a mother not sharing her child’s last name.
While my mother had no platform and presence like Tessy, she still identified this and didn’t want us to have doubts or deal with any opposition. Based on my own experience, I applaud Tessy for fighting for the last name. When parents are splitting and children are in their formative years- the simple gesture of having the same family name as your parents means a lot. This was over 15 years ago for me and I still remember it crystal clear and the feelings connected to it.

Tessy’s post is a bit of a joke. “I didn’t mind being stuck in the back where I couldn’t see” and yet clearly you did mind, it was nearly 2 years ago and here you are bringing it up! Move on woman!

Tessy’s post is a bit of a joke. “I didn’t mind being stuck in the back where I couldn’t see” and yet clearly you did mind, it was nearly 2 years ago and here you are bringing it up! Move on woman!

dont know why they didnt bind her with a gagging contract for her divorce....

It's possible that she agreed not to talk about the circumstances of her divorce and married life, which she has never talked about. I'm not sure they could completely "gag" her from saying anything about any member of the GDF or commenting on GDJ's funeral.

As for her new fiance, maybe he's fine with her comments. They probably both had baggage from their previous marriages and hopefully they have a lot more going on in their lives that we don't see.

Whilst I think a lot of Tessy's SM postings are inane, she hasn't posted that pointedly in a long time, which is why I wondered if something had happened recently.

I think she clearly does seem bitter about the way certain things went down and she probably was badly treated by MT but I do think she should have been a lot more circumspect in what she posted.

Having said that despite everything I do think she has a lot of energy and something to offer, I do want her to succeed post divorce, stop collecting honorary awards that muddy what she actually achieved and creating word salad websites.

I'm sure that a lot of royal divorces have this sort of clauses that the parties agree not to talk publicly about their marriage or how it went wrong.. or that there is an explicit understanding that they dont criticise the RF that they've just left..

As a child of divorced parents, I wanted to comment on this. My mom used to use her maiden name before my parents divorced. My mother is not the biggest fan of my father and does not want the daily reminder of his last name- it wasn’t a cordial split like Tessy and Louis where they are still friends. However- I distinctly remember when my mother made the decision to switch from her maiden name to her (former) married name. She said she wanted to have the same last name as us, her children, and for there to be no confusion for us or others. I can remember prior to this, others being unsure what to call her, how to address her, and I’m sure questioning her relationship to us. Even with the times changing and the world progressing, there would still be doubt from school officials and strangers about a mother not sharing her child’s last name.
While my mother had no platform and presence like Tessy, she still identified this and didn’t want us to have doubts or deal with any opposition. Based on my own experience, I applaud Tessy for fighting for the last name. When parents are splitting and children are in their formative years- the simple gesture of having the same family name as your parents means a lot. This was over 15 years ago for me and I still remember it crystal clear and the feelings connected to it.
All of this really depends on the context. In the US it might be the norm, like in the UK, that a divorced woman keeps her ex's last name but in Luxembourg (like in the Netherlands) that is NOT how it is done (see for example Helene Vestur returning to her maiden name upon divorce), so people would be confused if someone would still have an ex's last name while divorced.

And with the number of times she tells everyone that is the mother of princes and a former princess of Luxembourg, there will be little doubt on whether she is their mother...

Last edited:

Aside of Tessy, I totally agree with your mother's decision. In fact I did the same after my divorce, I kept the married name because of my daughter. I didn't want her to feel strange in kindergarten, school etc.
When I married again, I still kept the name because of her, so I have a double-name, and my second husband and second child are fine with it.
The only ones who seem to have a problem with my double name are my new inlaws, but it is not really a problem.

Concerning Tessy it is ok that she kept the "de Nassau", but she is not really satisfied with that. Because she always stresses the "former princess", "mother of two princes" so much. It is probably a strategy to be in the public and have doors open to her, which would not be open if she had not been a member of the Lux Grand Ducal family.

So, this is not really co compare with people who don't have that "burden of being ex-royal" (which is a ridiculous thing IMO)

She is setting him up for failure... What if he doesn't become 'Dr Gabriel de Nassau'...

And maybe she should have worked on remaining a power team with Gabriel's father instead of forming a 'power team' with her son.

Congratulations. I wish all the happiness for her and her baby. They will build a happy familiy.

Congratulations

That might have been an additional reason for the engagement...

Congratulations to Tessy and Frank!

Congratulations to Tessy, Frank, and their families!

Tessy updated that her sons and stepdaughter are over the moon with the news.

Last edited:
Big congratulations to the whole family. Exciting year to come with a new baby and a wedding. Truly happy for them all. :flowers:

Good for them! I wish her all the happiness in the world. I hope it's a girl!

Tessy updated that her sons and stepdaughter are over the moon with the news.

Hello Biri,

where did you get this information from? I had that impression that he does not have much contact with his daughter and exwife from his first marriage. They are living in the US, so he can probably and unfortunately not see her so much.

Hello Biri,

where did you get this information from? I had that impression that he does not have much contact with his daughter and exwife from his first marriage. They are living in the US, so he can probably and unfortunately not see her so much.

As I said before, Tessy herself wrote it the same post on Instagram (reply to the commenter):

"So happy for you, you deserve happiness. Your sons should share your joy. Love triumphs. Congratulations ❤️"

"yes the big brothers and my step daughter are over the moon with happiness ❤️"

Hello Biri,

Thankfully its the 21st century and with technology its easy to keep in contact. And to travel back and forth to see each other even if she lives in the US.

Thanks to covid he may have had less time sadly with her.

But she was mentioned by Tessy in her 'instagram stories' when Tessy responded to some of the congratulations.

Happy Birthday Gabriel. He looks a lot like his dad.

Funny to remember that the announcement of his impending birth was quite a shock at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom