Princess Alexandra Engaged to Nicolas Bagory: November 7, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone notice that the religious wedding date of April 29 is the same date that in 2011 Prince William of Wales married Catherine Middleton?

I was also surprised. I think it made more sense for civil marriage to be in France and for religious marriage to be in Luxembourg.
The choice of church is also surprising. Bormes-les-Mimosas is a commune in the Var department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. The commune is home to Fort Brégançon, an official residence used as the official (mainly summer) resort of the President of the French Republic. It is also in this area that the Grand Ducal Family has a holiday home.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Église_Saint-Trophyme_de_Bormes-les-Mimosas

Last edited:
Yes I'm surprised that the religious wedding does not take place in Luxemburg. And yes her brother Felix had none of his Wedding ceremonies in Luxemburg but then the brothers of Grand duke Henri did not have their religious Wedding in Luxemburg (ony Guillaume had his civil there but not in the Capital) but both of his sisters.

Anyone else surprised that the wedding date is so close to Stephanie' s due date?

Yes - very. It most likely HGD Stephanie will have another caesarean, but even if that occurred in early April, she wouldn't be/want to travel after major surgery, with a newborn and toddler. Very odd

I was surprised as first but once I found out it was the closest church to their summer home it made more sense. I imagine given that Alexandra has spent her university years and beyond living elsewhere she feels very connected to Cabasson which they seem to have used and visited each summer since she was born. In this generation (the children of Grand Duke Henri) it seems to be the way that apart from Guillaume they don't marry in the Notre-Dame Cathedral. I am surprised that they have chosen a date so close to Stephanie's due date but then, if Alexandra and her fiancee have work commitments and other family to fit in I guess you can't please everyone all the time.

I agree with you tommy. She is so far down in the line of succession that no big wedding in Lux is expected. She has been living in France, her future husband is French, so there are some reasons for a smaller wedding in a nice sunny area of France. The church looks quite small, they probably wanted a more intimate wedding in a beautiful village.

Thanks everyone for your responses to my question regarding location of the religious wedding.

I get the "it's where her family as a summer home" ... I also get that her fiance is French. However, I assumed that the only daughter of the Grand Duke would have a big Luxembourg wedding.

Yes - very. It most likely HGD Stephanie will have another caesarean, but even if that occurred in early April, she wouldn't be/want to travel after major surgery, with a newborn and toddler. Very odd

I remember seeing HUGELY pregnant Princess Madeleine at the wedding of her brother Carl- Philip. She looked gorgeous but so uncomfortable...and indeed she later admitted that she was having contractions during the ceremony.:ohmy:

Zara Tindall was also looking pregnant and uncomfortable at Harry's wedding.

The difference is that poor Stephanie had what was likely an emergency C-section with Charles. If she hasn't given birth by the end of April there is simply no way she is going to travel far from Grand Duchess Charlotte Maternity. And Gui will not leave her if she hasn't given birth.

And even if she has the baby before the wedding, she is going to be healing from surgery.

And it hurts. A lot.:ermm:

The fact that Alexandra has undoubtedly taken all this into consideration and is still going for an April wedding is surprising to say the least.

Unless the birth is scheduled for the beginning of April, then Stephanie would have almost a month to heal.

I'd imagine that ALexandra wants to get married but does not expect Steph to attend as she's had problems with her first baby, and has to be careful.

There are probably a lot of considerations required - the couples own commitments, can they get time off work etc, then their parents commitments (tricky I imagine when your father is a head of state) plus the availability of the church and civil wedding venue etc. I'm sure Alexandra hasn't planned it to be difficult for Stephanie on purpose, its just the way it has fallen.

I'd imagine that ALexandra wants to get married but does not expect Steph to attend as she's had problems with her first baby, and has to be careful.
I really don't remember Stéphanie having problems with Charles. Of course she had to wait for several long years before having him. Maybe you know things we don't.

Stephanie had what was apparently an unplanned C-section. Perhaps that is what Denville was referring to?

Hopefully there will be a religious Wedding Mass for us Royal jewel watchers!

Oh what a surprise they've released the announcement today

See previous page: there will be a religious wedding on Saturday 29th in France.

But according to yesterday's announcement they want it private and no photographers or cameras will be allowed inside the Church

Is there any further news about the Civil Wedding, which I understand is this Saturday, and the Wedding in France on 29th April, 2023?

Is there any further news about the Civil Wedding, which I understand is this Saturday, and the Wedding in France on 29th April, 2023?

I don't think any more news came out, but yes, these are the dates. The civil wedding will take place in Luxembourg this Saturday, and a week later is the religious wedding in France.

All posts about the false information of Princess Alexandra being pregnant have been removed, the question whether the information was based on a misspelling or if it has been fake news, is therefore obsolete.

Back
Top Bottom