Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra and Prince Sébastien FAQs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Alexandra is actually attending university in Ohio, as was reported earlier this year after she appeared on the university's tennis team page (which has now been taken down...).

^ the pic is still there ...but are we allowed to say the where and what college? anyway..i still would love to know how she and her family decided that particular school....ofcourse its catholic and small but Ohio?

^ the pic is still there ...but are we allowed to say the where and what college? anyway..i still would love to know how she and her family decided that particular school....ofcourse its catholic and small but Ohio?

Someone posted the name on this board, but it got taken down with a lot of fuss. I think we all came to the consensus that since the Cour Grand-Ducale is not publicizing it and the school isn't a big-name one, it wouldn't be wise to name the school on a public board.

As for why, I put in my two cents on Alex's news and pictures thread a while back:

My guess: as mentioned earlier, the school in question is (per Lalla Meriem) "a small university in a very, very small town." Said school is something of a "diamond in the rough" - you've probably never heard of it unless you're involved in Catholic organizations (like this Knight of Columbus, for example) or pay attention to certain Catholic media, but it has a VERY high reputation in those circles. For a royal family as private and as Catholic as this one is noted to be, it makes quite a bit of sense.

[...]

Put it this way: if you were a Catholic who thought that the big-name Catholic universities have gone too "secular" (for example, Notre Dame inviting Obama to do the commencement speech despite his, shall we say, wildly divergent position on abortion), you would go to a school like the one Alexandra is attending. For the non-Catholics reading this, the closest (but likely still inexact) analogy I can make to the school's position in American Catholicism is Liberty University (Jerry Falwell's school) or Oral Roberts for Evangelical Protestants, minus the controversial founder and the creepy reputation in general (your mileage may vary on that last one).

Of course, the calculus was likely simpler for Alexandra and the family: good education + Catholic + quiet - big-city distractions (cue quip about Papa Henri's heart here) = best fit. Not that different from the rest of us, right?

@ Ilovemonaco, I've spent a lot of time in Ohio and I'm very familiar with the Catholic universities there, having attended one myself. The university Alexandra is attending is a great school, but very small and much different from the "big" catholic schools (Georgetown, Notre Dame, Dayton, Marquette, etc) and I'm sure that she felt very comfortable there. It has a very good reputation among strong Catholic families who go for values over name recognition.

Unfortunately some of the 'big' Catholics schools are barely Catholic anymore, some of them are quite heterdox. I wouldn't of sent any of my kids to the majority of these big Catholic universities, not if I wanted to them remain Catholics.

MM

ilovemonaco, what can I say? Ohio's a hidden gem.

Midwestern Mom, that is very true at some of these colleges. Alexandra's school is easily the most 'Catholic' in Ohio, probably in the entire Midwest. Many schools still embrace their Catholic roots but are encouraging many non-catholics to attend as well. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, it's changing the dynamic of many of the campuses.

I know the college in Ohio, very solid. There's a few here and there but for the most part the rest of them should be avoided.

It's not just the diverse student population, it's the heterical things taught by some of the staff as well...not to mention some of the things allowed to go on, on the campuses. I think there's a been a couple actually that have had their title or use of the word of Catholic stripped from them by the vatican due to errors in teaching etc.

MM

Oh, wow, I'd never heard that before. Yes, Alexandra's choice of university was definitely a strong one. I have to wonder how they found the school, actually, they must have had their eyes open for several years looking for the 'right' school. Of course, I'm sure they have connections and had many suggestions.

I believe Georgetown is one that has had their title of Catholic taken away.

MM

St. Johns too...

but the school in Ohio isnt that expensive either compared to other rigorous schools..

We know that Hereditary Duchess Stephanie's family is a noble family, and that Claire Lademacher's family is a rich family. Which adjective could be used for Princess Tessy's family?

We know that Hereditary Duchess Stephanie's family is a noble family, and that Claire Lademacher's family is a rich family. Which adjective could be used for Princess Tessy's family?
Quite normal Luxembourgish family, like many in this country.

Prince Louis has the given name of Louis Xavier Marie Guillaume. Was he named after Louis II de Luxembourg, an Archbishop of Rouen and Bishop of Ely?

I believe Georgetown is one that has had their title of Catholic taken away.

MM

Georgetown University is still identified as a Jesuit Catholic institution both on it's official website and it's Wiki page.

St. John's also identifies itself as a Catholic university.

CyrilVladisa, I am pretty sure that is who Louis is named for, yes.

Does anyone know if Alexandra and Sébastien are present on social networks (Facebok, Instagram ..)?

What do Princess Alexandra and Prince Sébastien currently do professionally?
On the official website of the Luxembourg monarchy it says nothing about what Alexandra is doing.
De Sébastien on the website says he is looking for a job in the renewable energy sector.

Back
Top Bottom