Prince Louis Engaged to Scarlett-Lauren Sirgue: Apr '21, Break Off Engagement Feb '22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Anglican church does not remarry divorced people either and I can understand why they don't up to a point.

The Anglican church does permit the remarriage of divorced people in certain circumstances.

But why kill the goose who lays the golden eggs?
Annulments must be paid for, you know.

Well, no. Dioceses are now asked to charge no fees for declarations of nullity. These procedures should not be a money matter but a sacramental and canonical one.

Well, no. Dioceses are now asked to charge no fees for declarations of nullity. These procedures should not be a money matter but a sacramental and canonical one.

That may be the case where you live, but I know my cousin had to pay.

who cares what the church thinks, as long as the two yhoung people are happy

Congratulations to the couple!

On what grounds? It is hard to see a valid canonical motive to support an annulment in his case.

Honestly, you can have the most flimsiest motive and get an annulment. There have been several cases already posted on this thread. I am Catholic and I find the whole annulment process to be ridiculous. But that is another discussion...

Is Scarlett-Lauren always referred to as Scarlett-Lauren? Or can she be referred to as Scarlett? Can she be referred to as Lauren?

Scarlett-Lauren Sirgue's mother died in March!
I don't think this had been mentioned here at the TRF, but the mother of Prince Louis' bride died in March of this year.

According to a French newspaper, the lawyer was buried on March 9 in the cemetery "De la Chartreuse" in Bordeaux. When asked by "dana press", the press office of the Grand Ducal Court in Luxembourg announced:
"We are sad to have to confirm that the information provided by the above website is correct. Ms. Scarlett Berrebi passed away last month."
https://www.gala.de/royals/allgemei...tt-lauren-sirgue-ist-verstorben-22424358.html

Last edited:
Very sad news.

Berrebi? Was she of Arabic descent?

That is rather sad news. Glad that Louis at least had the chance to get to know her. Scarlett-Lauren might find comfort with Stéphanie who unfortunately knows what it is to loose your mother at a young age in the time before your wedding.

That may be the case where you live, but I know my cousin had to pay.

Apparently the Pope called for annulment costs to be minimized in 2015, though he did not require them to be free of charge.

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/pope-francis-reforms-annulment-process-9-things-to-know-and-share

Nice and interesting interview. My French ist not so good anymore that I could translate it in English, maybe somebody else can? I read a version in English that was translated from French.

Can you link to the translated version?

That is rather sad news. Glad that Louis at least had the chance to get to know her. Scarlett-Lauren might find comfort with Stéphanie who unfortunately knows what it is to loose your mother at a young age in the time before your wedding.

That was exactly my first thought as well. What a sad bond Scarlett Lauren will share with her new sister-in-law.:sad:

interview Louis and Scarlett

Point de Vue: Congratulations! Would it be indiscreet to ask you about the marriage proposal?

Louis:It happened in southwestern France between Lourdes and Biarritz. We were in the car and went through a village with an absolutely incredible view of the Pyrenees. There was a small church on the map. I remember the setting sun, it was very romantic. We entered the church and I dropped to one knee and told Scarlett "Don't be afraid" and made my proposal. In fact, I did it twice, because under the influence of emotion she had not said "yes". So I asked for her hand a second time to hear her say "yes".

Scarlett: I did not expect him to do it then. Of course we were talking about the future, but he was very discreet, I had not expected this.

Louis: We took the road back to Biarritz where my parents were waiting for us. Then we four opened the champagne. They were the first to share our happiness. I had already asked permission from my father as well as spoken to Scarletts father and also my sons Gabriel and Noah.

P.du Vue: How did your sons react?

Louis: I wanted to inform them about each step. Whether it was the choice of the ring, the marriage proposal etc. I did not want them to bel left out because they have the greatest place in our hearts. They are the fundamentals of the family that we are going to build.

Scarlett: They advised you very well on the choice of the ring

P.de Vue: Madame, our readers are just getting aquainted with you. Can you tell us a little bit more about yourself?

Scarlett: It is hard to talk about yourself, but I want to try. I was born in Bordeaux. My parents moved there when my older sister was born. They really liked Cap Ferret and wanted us to live in the beautiful area. I grew up in a loving family with parents who were close to each other. Both were lawyers and it was them who made me want to get the same profession. Seeing them practice law was fascinating for me. My father taught me to take on life with a philosophical approach. My mother, who sadly passed away in March was the pillar of our family. Thanks to her I know how to keep my composure in all circumstances. it helped me a lot to cope with the sadness of her departure. She was so human and caring. A very extraordinary woman. What more can I say? Beyond my profession as a lawyer I am much interesteed in sewing, I am just creating my first collection, and love music.

Very romantic surroundings for the proposal, similar to those of William and Catherine.

Beautiful bond of Louis and his sons.

Congratulations to the couple!

Honestly, you can have the most flimsiest motive and get an annulment. There have been several cases already posted on this thread. I am Catholic and I find the whole annulment process to be ridiculous. But that is another discussion...

True; I believe some members of the Kennedy family got Catholic annulments following years of marriage.

It has nothing to do iwht length of marriage..

Wow...Louis proposed to her in a CHURCH? I know that he is a deeply devout young man. And I am more convinced now that the GD Family will petition the Vatican for an annulment of Louis's marriage to Tessy...even if he marries Scarlett civilly at first and the annulment takes a while to happen.:cool:

Wow...it's like deja vu. Stephanie also lost her mom prior to marrying into the Grand Ducal family

I assume the first picture (and probably also the other ones in a photo studio or in their home turned photo studio) was taken in Biarritz. Especially since Louis described how they went to his parents in Biarritz after the proposal.

Another thought: once Louis is married a second time the three brothers will all have a wife from one of Luxembourg's three neighboring countries: Belgium, Germany and France.

Last edited:
Will they have just a Civil Wedding in the Town Hall, or is there a requirement for a church wedding?

Back
Top Bottom