The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

She is very similar to Tessy..

Old 03-21-2020, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Some people have the type of beauty they are attracted to.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
She is very similar to Tessy..
Bingo! Her face looks longer and sharper than Tessy's but despite that everything else is pure Tessy to me.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
They venture as far as saying she is his fiancée! We shall see if we get an annoucement in the new year, but it would highly surprise me if he was to marry again when he only divorced one year ago.
https://www.purepeople.com/media/le-...-fian_m5255594
Le prince Louis du Luxembourg et sa fiancée - 43ème édition des Best Award à Paris le 8 décembre 2019.

The term "sa fiancée" in French can also be translated to mean "steady girlfriend" in English, which is probably the case with Prince Louis and Scarlett-Lauren.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The German magazine Bunte, published an article where it reveals more information about Prince Louis' girlfriend, Scarlett-Lauren.
Scarlett-Lauren works as a lawyer at the law firm of her parents Pierre (64) and Scarlett Sirgue, with offices in Bordeaux and Paris.
Scarlett-Lauren belongs to a renowned family of lawyers.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...sschlacht.html
Old 04-01-2020, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The German magazine Bunte, published an article where it reveals more information about Prince Louis' girlfriend, Scarlett-Lauren.
Scarlett-Lauren works as a lawyer at the law firm of her parents Pierre (64) and Scarlett Sirgue, with offices in Bordeaux and Paris.
Scarlett-Lauren belongs to a renowned family of lawyers.
https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-w...sschlacht.html
Bunte really is the epitome of boulevard press. They make the most idiot stories, often larded with pictures showing "promis" with ridiculously photoshopped white teeth. They can be right anyway, but Bunte had such a poor reputation, I would not use it for the cat litter, brrrr.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Bunte really is the epitome of boulevard press. They make the most idiot stories, often larded with pictures showing "promis" with ridiculously photoshopped white teeth. They can be right anyway, but Bunte had such a poor reputation, I would not use it for the cat litter, brrrr.

Even so, Bunte must be the most reliable of the German magazines in this segment.
I think the article must be reliable because it reveals the names of her parents and the information about the law firm must also be true, and that is what matters in the article.
The rest of the article is of no interest.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought Gabriel was born as 'de Nassau' but according to Tessy, he was christened as 'Antony':
Quote:
On 12 March 2006, she gave birth to a boy, christened Gabriel Michael Louis Ronny Antony later named De Nassau, who was born at a private Swiss hospital, Clinic des Grangettes, in Geneva. The baby was the first grandchild for Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
Source
Old 04-14-2020, 09:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I thought Gabriel was born as 'de Nassau' but according to Tessy, he was christened as 'Antony':

Quote:
On 12 March 2006, she gave birth to a boy, christened Gabriel Michael Louis Ronny Antony later named De Nassau, who was born at a private Swiss hospital, Clinic des Grangettes, in Geneva. The baby was the first grandchild for Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
Source
That is strange. I am not sure how they could have gotten around the law. Only from May 1, 2006 were mothers allowed to transmit their last names to their children, at least when the child was legally recognized by the father.

Choisir le prénom et le nom de famille de l'enfant - Citoyens // Luxembourg

Given that she uses the word "christened", is it allowed in the Catholic Church to baptize a child under a name different from their legal one?
Old 04-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
That is strange. I am not sure how they could have gotten around the law. Only from May 1, 2006 were mothers allowed to transmit their last names to their children, at least when the child was legally recognized by the father.

Given that she uses the word "christened", is it allowed in the Catholic Church to baptize a child under a name different from their legal one?
Very interesting. I tried to find source from the time of birth but so far haven't been successful.

Edit: Found something: Wikipedia linked to an archived article in Wort.lu that specifically stated that the court did not want to comment on the child's surname. Luxarazzi's comment that 'after his parents' marriage' Gabriel was styled as 'Gabriel de Nassau' would suggest that Gabriel probably wasn't before - but that's rather strange if the law dictated that Gabriel would have his father's surname from birth.

In my experience, in most churches only the 'first names' and 'middle names' (in Dutch: 'doopnamen' (christening names) are used at a christening and not the surname; but they should be exactly the same as the legal names.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Very interesting. I tried to find source from the time of birth but so far haven't been successful.

Edit: Found something: Wikipedia linked to an archived article in Wort.lu that specifically stated that the court did not want to comment on the child's surname. Luxarazzi's comment that 'after his parents' marriage' Gabriel was styled as 'Gabriel de Nassau' would suggest that Gabriel probably wasn't before - but that's rather strange if the law dictated that Gabriel would have his father's surname from birth.

In my experience, in most churches only the 'first names' and 'middle names' (in Dutch: 'doopnamen' (christening names) are used at a christening and not the surname; but they should be exactly the same as the legal names.
Thanks. In addition: For what reason would the Grand Duke have issued his decree of February 3, 2006 to change the surname of male-line descendants from "Nassau" to "of Nassau", if not to take care of Gabriel?

At that point in time, all other male-line descendants were titled and already could use their title "(Prince/Princess) of Nassau" as a last name if they wished.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

He was born in Switzerland so he would have been registered there. Swiss law is different then Luxembourg. Under Swiss law, if a couple was unmarried, the child would take the surname of his mother. If they were married, it would be the choice of the couple what surname to use for the family (but hyphen is not allowed).
Old 04-14-2020, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
He was born in Switzerland so he would have been registered there. Swiss law is different then Luxembourg. Under Swiss law, if a couple was unmarried, the child would take the surname of his mother. If they were married, it would be the choice of the couple what surname to use for the family (but hyphen is not allowed).
That's a good point, but it seems for the majority of countries, the names of non-citizens are governed by the laws of the country of which they hold citizenship. Would Luxembourg law allow Swiss law to be applied to the name of one of its citizens (or was Gabriel a Swiss citizen at birth)?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
That's a good point, but it seems for the majority of countries, the names of non-citizens are governed by the laws of the country of which they hold citizenship. Would Luxembourg law allow Swiss law to be applied to the name of one of its citizens (or was Gabriel a Swiss citizen at birth)?
No Switzerland doesn't grant citizenship based on birthplace. Only by blood. You have to have at least one parent who is Swiss. If my father was Swiss, I would automatically have been Swiss even if born in Canada, until I was 22. If I didn't register at 22, I would lose the citizenship.

But his birth was still registered, and the birth certificate would have been issued in Switzerland. I don't think Luxembourg would have been able to protest the Swiss government following its own laws in this case.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the biography of Prince Louis on the website of the Monarchy of Luxembourg.
Prince Louis currently lives in Paris and works as a consultant for Laurent Meeschaert Conseil. It helps people get to know each other better, recognize their strengths and weaknesses, learn how and where to make the best use of them, and participate in internal and external conflict management. It plans to offer its consulting services to companies and individuals.

https://lmconseil.pro/en/our-team/
Old 04-21-2020, 12:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
According to the biography of Prince Louis on the website of the Monarchy of Luxembourg.
Prince Louis currently lives in Paris and works as a consultant for Laurent Meeschaert Conseil. It helps people get to know each other better, recognize their strengths and weaknesses, learn how and where to make the best use of them, and participate in internal and external conflict management. It plans to offer its consulting services to companies and individuals.

https://lmconseil.pro/en/our-team/
That has been known for two years now.
Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2_ April 2017 - April 2019 - Page 16 - The Royal Forums

Gabriel's interview
RTL Today - Teenage Truth Interview – Luxembourg’s young Royals_ My interview with Luxembourg’s Prince Gabriel
Old 04-22-2020, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems Gabriel is growing up to be a nice and well adjusted teenager. Kudos to his parents in that regard!
Old 04-22-2020, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Whatever you think of Tessy I think there's no denying that she and Louis have done a great job of parenting so far. Gabriel and Noah seem to be charming boys.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-22-2020, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I had some qualms about Gabriel being interviewed but it being done by another teenager (from Luxembourg) makes a huge difference. He doesn't really seem to have a personality yet (or doesn't want us to know about it); he likes almost everything (that was his 'go to answer' for most questions) and wants to help people (by giving them money for now; and probably as a vet or medical doctor in the future).
Old 08-03-2020, 07:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Louis is celebrating his 34th birthday today, so the Grand Ducal House has released old and current photos of the prince.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDayZIpp...=11i7grvjumled