Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually a pre-nuptial agreement protects what was owned by person A and by person B before the marriage. Then it comes to the marriage itself. Usually this is an union of A and B and what has been acquired or earned during said marriage equally belongs to A and B, no matter A maybe brings the bucks home and B maybe is the housewife.

It is easy for to divide what was owned before the marriage by Ms Antony and by Prince Louis. But now they are divorcing, what has been acquired during the state of marriage needs to be divided, plus who feeds the bill for the alimony for the children plus what are the legal arrangements for the ex-partners and their children?

Prince Louis was just a junior Prince. His eldest brother Prince Guillaume will have protected the assets of his House when he engaged into marriage with Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy, otherwise she could claim half of the grand-ducal assets in the eventuality of a divorce.
I am not sure how pre and post nuptial agreements work outside the country the couple were married in.

It would've made more sense and worked in Louis' favor if the divorce procedures were done in Luxembourg than London. 1. The divorce would've likely worked in Louis' favor 2. Less media attention.

Had that been done a more civil settlement would be primary custody of the children to Louis with open and free visitation rights to Tessy, a home, and a one time lump some of money and absolutely NO titles for Tessy. All of that should have been agreed to and signed off on prior to the couple getting married.

I suspect that is exactly what she is doing, and I for one admire her!

She's also probably ignoring the plethora of negative press (with far more dignity than I would if I was in her place ?)

Tessy has given herself ammunition to negative press, obviously this photo of Tessy at her kitchen (?) with two Chanel bags on the floor is taken from her Instagram.
Luxprivat_*Tessy lässt die charakterlichen Hüllen fallen

I'm sorry their marriage didn't work out. I always feel bad for the children. :( I'm just hoping their divorce blows over soon, and they can each get on with their separate lives, no more drama.

Also, I'm sorry to see HGD Stephanie's poor name dragged into this, she doesn't deserve that, but then again it has nothing to do with her, it's on those that dragged her into it. Very uncouth.

I hope she does not get bullied by the staff of Louis also. Is this a reason why she wants the divorce in England? Surely despite Luxembourg being her home, she would feel more the impartiality of an English divorce court than a Luxembourgish one. Somebody mentioned about how she would be known as Tessy, Princess of Luxembourg if they were English, would the English courts more likely to decide the same? Could that also be a reason why England? (I know it would all be style, in the end, but I was wondering if she would legally--at least-- have a right to being called that)
A big difference is that women in the UK loose their maiden name so reverting back to that name is not possible, in Luxembourg (and many other countries) they don't. So, any Luxembourgish person would take their maiden name after divorce. Furthermore, the house rules, under which she was granted her title (and yes, I know it is a little bit more complicated in her case) specify that spouses loose their titles upon divorce (as they were based upon them being married to a prince). So, even though she is living in the UK, these issues should be based on her Luxembourgish citizenship and their rules applied.

Does she have patronages in Luxembourg and could she been asking to keep them until perhaps her kids reach age of majority or Louis remarries? Much like Princess Alexandra kept hers after the divorce?
A big difference is that Alexandra was married to the second in line to the throne - and the first in line to the throne wasn't married so they had high expectations of her in terms of patronages etc. Tessy, on the other hand, was married to the son of the grand duke who had given up his rights to the throne to marry her. So, NO expectation at all. It was appreciated that they decided to show up for some family events but certainly not required or expected. So, there were no expectations of patronages. All charitable activities she employed in the last few years (she didn't in the first 8 years of their marriage as she was still studying - I assume the court was happy to pay for both Louis' and her education) was on her own initiative (Louis for example hasn't taken on new patronages since his marriage but kept the few he had) and not representing the GD family (her status undoubtly helped her to secure some of them and had the family been opposed, they would have told her). So, I don't see a reason why she cannot continue them, even without her title.

a harsh article from the telegraph
Princess branded 'gold digger' as she takes divorce to UK court

i have to say that especially with her instagram posts, tessy did present herself as a gold digger in recent months.

I agree. What was the point of trying on various tiaras on social media and asking her followers to vote on which ones she looks best in?:ohmy:

That is just one of several bizarre stunts. She is doing herself no favors, while her estranged husband and his family have kept a dignified silence. All of the poundings she is taking from the press seem self inflicted.

Unless she is having some type of emotional meltdown there is no excuse.

I just don't feel sorry for her. It's called D-I-G-N-I-T-Y.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Very possible since it all appears to be sudden and a-typical. :sad: Sometimes people make decisions precipitously and have remorse when they realize exactly what it is they are losing in giving up on a relationship/marriage. This would happen in spades (imo) with someone who has tasted the heady atmosphere of not just wealth but royalty. The attempt to 'hold on' makes perfect sense to me in that context. Not an easy place to be. Sad. :ermm:

Would Tessy's instagram affect the financial settlement? Although I find some posts unnecessary and having 6000+ followers questionable, nothing seems that bad at the moment.

I suppose it could be used to show the lifestyle she’s grown accustomed to and wishes to maintain. So far, I haven't seen the mainstream Luxembourg media report on the financial dispute. I agree Tessy is giving ammunition to her detractors. It would be a good idea to block those users.

was that a picture of her?? She looked extremely silly... I didn't know much about her and was keen to find out more,but she is NOT coming across well at the moment.

I agree. What was the point of trying on various tiaras on social media and asking her followers to vote on which ones she looks best in?:ohmy:

That is just one of several bizarre stunts. She is doing herself no favors, while her estranged husband and his family have kept a dignified silence. All of the poundings she is taking from the press seem self inflicted.

I just don't feel sorry for her. It's called D-I-G-N-I-T-Y.

Trying on various tiaras? You make her sound like she had gone into the tiara vault and was playing dress up.:ermm:

She had posted pictures of her in a beautiful blue ballgown, sans tiara. And comparisons were made that she looked like a fairy tale princess. So she posted a picture of her from Luxembourg national day in a tiara, and asked what look was better. She wasn't playing dress up, or poll on tiaras.

:previous: It doesn't matter to me if she did it with two tiaras or a dozen....one ballgown or three. It comes off silly at best and narcissistic at worst, beneath the dignity of her (soon to be former) position and her husband's family. And how about whinging about spending her 10th wedding anniversary sitting in a bar alone at the Ritz? The horror, right? And letting folks know how much she relates to and identifies with the late Diana, Princess of Wales? I cringed for her.

Seriously, what other Royal princesses can you think of who behave like that on social media? Kate? Victoria? Claire or Stephanie? Why was the "which look is better" question to her fans...errr...I mean followers of course... even necessary?? It's moot at this point.

Unless she has a secret yearning to score her own reality TV show she needs to cool it. JMHO.:cool:

Last edited:
Tessy has given herself ammunition to negative press, obviously this photo of Tessy at her kitchen (?) with two Chanel bags on the floor is taken from her Instagram.
Luxprivat_*Tessy lässt die charakterlichen Hüllen fallen
ugh, what is wrong with her recently? she must be really hurt and desperate, the lux family are usually private and discreet, as was tessy until the separation, since then she's gone off the rails for royal standards, such pictures are tacky and won't help her cause but obviously she's not getting the message. whatever she wants, she won't get it that way.

a lux fergie in the making? hopefully not.

That's what happens ... they are not taking care of the situation she clearly feels lost ... are these people stupid that they are not protecting her from herself at such a vunerable time !!!!

ugh, what is wrong with her recently? she must be really hurt and desperate, the lux family are usually private and discreet, as was tessy until the separation, since then she's gone off the rails for royal standards, such pictures are tacky and won't help her cause but obviously she's not getting the message. whatever she wants, she won't get it that way.

a lux fergie in the making? hopefully not.

If you have a problem with these few innocuous photos I suggest you stay away from Marie Chantal's and Maria Olympia's instagrams, particularly the pictures of the recent double birthday celebration

If you have a problem with these few innocuous photos I suggest you stay away from Marie Chantal's and Maria Olympia's instagrams, particularly the pictures of the recent double birthday celebration

Marie Chantal and Maria Olympia are a daughter and a granddaughter of self-made billionaire. They can spend millions on their clothes, bags, shoos, ets. It's their own business.

Tessy lives on her in-laws' money. It's completely different situation.

IMHO I think Tessy is feeling lost and not sure of herself right now. Going through a divorce can and does make one crazy at times, been there. Being insecure and not knowing what is going to happen from one day to the next can make anyone go off the deep end and do silly things.

Maybe she feels the LRF is the big bad wolf coming after her and I am sure they aren't yet having someone that strong and powerful coming after you can be daunting and scary.

We all get vulnerable, scared and insecure in difficult times in out lives, so I am hoping that there is someone, family or friends so give her some advise right now for that is clearly what she needs....a shoulder to cry on perhaps and a hug that things are going to be okay.

IMHO I think Tessy is feeling lost and not sure of herself right now. Going through a divorce can and does make one crazy at times, been there. Being insecure and not knowing what is going to happen from one day to the next can make anyone go off the deep end and do silly things.

Maybe she feels the LRF is the big bad wolf coming after her and I am sure they aren't yet having someone that strong and powerful coming after you can be daunting and scary.
It was her decision to divorce.

None of us will ever know what goes on behind closed doors (been there) so a little compassion goes a long way when someone is hurting and acting out scared........that goes for *everybody* even both parties.

I wonder what the mindset was behind the decision to divorce.

If the couple fell out of love could they not have had an agreement to have a marriage "for show" where they keep their private lives private yet put on a public shoe of unity for the sake of image and their children. Ala King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia or Constantine and Anne-Marie...?

If Tessy desperately wanted out of the marriage I am sure she realized that she must give up things like titles and privileges and possibly sole custody of the children. Did she really think she could have it all?

I don' t think SHE wanted out desperatly, but Louis did...::cool:
If it was her IMO she' d stay married for the rest of her life hanging on his arm in all those staged photos playing the devoted wife and mother
It' s IMO very clever of hers to justify why she needs to keep her Princess title with the lack of charities she would be able to do without it. ...

I wonder what the mindset was behind the decision to divorce.

If the couple fell out of love could they not have had an agreement to have a marriage "for show" where they keep their private lives private yet put on a public shoe of unity for the sake of image and their children. Ala King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia or Constantine and Anne-Marie...?

If Tessy desperately wanted out of the marriage I am sure she realized that she must give up things like titles and privileges and possibly sole custody of the children. Did she really think she could have it all?

A marriage for show? King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia / Constantine and Anne-Marie are from a totally different generation. They were brought up that way so they know how to play that part.
Tessy Antony? Or any other contemporary (ex) royal? Not so much. And those times have changed anyway.

Besides, what kind of image does it give to their children when they would only stay together for show and not because they truly wanted to be together? That is damaging and can cause trouble with values. Children pick up on that and are likely to get conflicted because there was not a solid foundation but only a show going on.

A better example perhaps might be Prince Joachim of Denmark and Alexandra Manley. They divorced with two sons (without any reason ever given - as far as I know), but remained amicable. That gives a much better foundation.

That said, I do think it's unwise to exhibit on Instagram or any other social media when you're in the middle of a divorce. Your mental welfare is much more important.

Last edited:
I understand Tessy is from a different generation and time but I firmly believe that the principles apply.

*Depending* on the nature of the reason for the divorce a couple staying together need not be considered a bad thing. It all depends on the reason. If a husband and wife are constantly bickering and are at each other's throats in the household then yes staying together for the sake of show or the family IS damaging. However, if the 2 people are civil and possess the emotional intelligence they can be together and to the outside observer appear to be married.

Now does Tessy want a new relationship and to remarry and have more kids (She is young after all)? Or does not want to be bothered with Louis and only want to deal with him for the sake of the children?

The social media behavior of Tessy, the judge's statement, even the fact that the couple has
to go to court in the first place is leading me to think this divorce idea was not well thought out and that there is problems in executing it.

The Luxembourg RF are normally very skilled in the management of their image and their PR. The fact that they have allowed it to get this bad-with Tessy running amok on social media-just stuns me.:ohmy:

I know how much Maria Teresa, Henri and even Guillaume value privacy and discretion above all. They have said so. This must be agony for them all.:sad:

Tessy and Louis married barely out of their teens and grew apart. They began to pursue different interests and formulate different visions for what they wanted out of life. It happens. As I posted, I had a bad feeling from the beginning but I thought they had beaten the odds and I was thrilled for awhile.

For the sake of their boys-who are sooo sweet-I am very sad about this latest development.

:previous: I would agree it was not well thought out. A Decree Absolute could have been applied for six weeks after the granting of a Decree Nisi, but they have still not agreed on the financial settlement.

Since it seems they have spent some time living on Louis inheritance or being subsidised by his parents I have to wonder. I do not know if they are self-supporting at this stage or not. Their house in Kensington is a bone of contention as well.

Tessy has done well out of this marriage, not least being able to be a mother while furthering her education and establishing her reputation in charities, something most other women would be financially constrained from doing. As to her title, it is normal to lose it upon divorce in Luxembourg.

I don' t think SHE wanted out desperatly, but Louis did...::cool:
If it was her IMO she' d stay married for the rest of her life hanging on his arm in all those staged photos playing the devoted wife and mother
It' s IMO very clever of hers to justify why she needs to keep her Princess title with the lack of charities she would be able to do without it. ...

Again, SHE wanted to divorce, it's a fact.

Again, SHE wanted to divorce, it's a fact.

The fact is that she applied for the divorce.

It might have been a mutual decision (not sure how those things work)?!

I understand Tessy is from a different generation and time but I firmly believe that the principles apply.

*Depending* on the nature of the reason for the divorce a couple staying together need not be considered a bad thing. It all depends on the reason. If a husband and wife are constantly bickering and are at each other's throats in the household then yes staying together for the sake of show or the family IS damaging. However, if the 2 people are civil and possess the emotional intelligence they can be together and to the outside observer appear to be married.

Now does Tessy want a new relationship and to remarry and have more kids (She is young after all)? Or does not want to be bothered with Louis and only want to deal with him for the sake of the children?

The social media behavior of Tessy, the judge's statement, even the fact that the couple has
to go to court in the first place is leading me to think this divorce idea was not well thought out and that there is problems in executing it.

Tessy is 31. She is still young and has her entire life ahead of her. She can do so many amazing things. Why on earth would she want to put up with a fake marriage like that that would do nothing but hurt both parties?

While we have no idea to the true reasons to why they are divorcing, it is best they do so, before things get really ugly, for the sake of their children. I am quite certain they had their reasons to, I do not think
people are just divorcing for wearing the wrong colour of shirt :lol:

I think both Louis and Tessy are lovely
people and wish the very best for them. Hopefully they will find happiness once more. :flowers:

Marie Chantal and Maria Olympia are a daughter and a granddaughter of self-made billionaire. They can spend millions on their clothes, bags, shoos, ets. It's their own business.

Tessy lives on her in-laws' money. It's completely different situation.

So if you have lots of money tacky behaviour is acceptable?

I don't think so

P Tessy runs rings around Pavlos's family, she's served her country as a peacekeeper, studied and worked hard, began new initiatives in third world countries.....

IMHO is that's role model material

Back
Top Bottom