Prince Félix, Princess Claire and Family, Current Events Part 1: November 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
Since Felix and Claire will be visiting Japan tomorrow, I thought it was a good time to open their current events thread :)

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Felix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg will represent TT.RR.HH. the Grand-Duke and the Grand-Duchess during the celebrations on 1 November 2013 marking the 100th anniversary of Tokyo’s Sophia University.

http://tokyo.mae.lu/en/News/TT.RR.H...aire-at-Sophia-University-s-100th-anniversary

I'm very excited to see Claire in her first engagement as princess! she's obviously very trusted already by the GD family: she will be in an official ceremonial act in the presence of the Emperor and Empress of Japan!

I'm a bit surprised the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess are not representing the Grand Ducal family to this event, not sure why but it seems that there aren't all that many overseas events for the Grand Ducal family so I'm a little surprised teh Grand Ducal couple or the heirs aren't doing it. Do they have a prior engagments or does Felix have a special connection to this event? Or maybe it fits in with their honeymoon?

I'm a bit surprised the Hereditary Grand Duke and Duchess are not representing the Grand Ducal family to this event, not sure why but it seems that there aren't all that many overseas events for the Grand Ducal family so I'm a little surprised teh Grand Ducal couple or the heirs aren't doing it. Do they have a prior engagments or does Felix have a special connection to this event? Or maybe it fits in with their honeymoon?

Don't know if Felix has a special connection to this event. But I'd say it's rather foresightful to involve him in representation tasks. Who knows how long the Grand Duke will continue to stay in his position. Even though his father resigned with nearly 80 yrs., the next transition might happen earlier. And as long as Guillaume has no grown up children he might be happy to have a brother who is willing to help out every now and then. :flowers:

I am not sure how I feel about Claire's outfit but she is so lovely, and she and Felix make a stunning couple!:whistling:

Claire is lovely but her outfit is terrible! It looks like a black and white dress paired with a non-matching beige jacket from a different outfit. Her father is a BILLIONAIRE, for heaven sakes. How hard can it be to find attractive attire.
(Claire, please, we have our hands full with Stephanie ... and no scarfs!)

I suspect they attended because Luxembourg Archbishop Jean-Claude Hollerich was present as a former faculty member and he was the one who just married them. Felix and Claire seem to enjoy international travel.

Last edited:
Lindy, I'd actually like Claire's outfit if that big white stripe wasn't going down the front. It's bizarre! Also, her hemline is too short and I hate the black opaque stockings.

Why can't the Lux Royal women(except Sibilla) get it together? I bet Claire's outfit is by Natan!:bang:

i personally thought claire looked fantastic.

To each their own, but I think Claire looked amazing & appropriate for her first official appearance as a princess.

At first I had the same suspicions. And I'm only taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm assuming that the GD and MT have enough engagements to do in Luxembourg and that G and Stephanie are probably more focused on helping out the GD and MT at home rather than abroad. It also might be a way to get Felix and Claire going since they are a full blown royal couple now and should be getting their feet wet with engagements. I guess we can only speculate at this point but, my guess would be that the GD and MT are handing down responsibilities (engagements) and this was one for the second couple in line.:flowers:

It is inappropriate for ladies joining royal families through marriages; at the initial stage to present themselves as fashion plates. One step at a time. Princess Mary of Denmark is an good example.

Last edited:

thanks for the info! i wonder where the article picture was taken - at their wine castle maybe?
the article says that they have already been on their honeymoon and that they are undertaking the management of their wine estate in france. the couple live in the castle of the estate - so i guess it will be uncommon to see them performing many duties in luxembourg, unfortunately. they also say that felix is taking wine classes.

Royal coins court controversy in Luxembourg

A commemorative coin bearing a picture of Luxembourg's Prince Félix and Princess Claire has raised questions over the right of the image.

A picture of the coin, available online in Claire's native Germany, was published on the Facebook page “Claire Lademacher Style”.

The Grand Ducal Court, however, was not aware of the coin's existence. Court spokeswoman Isabelle Faber said: “To edit the Grand Ducal family image, permission must be obtained from the Court beforehand.”

She said she was awaiting a response from the couple which may have given permission to German company “Bayerisches Münzkontor” to mint a coin with their likeness.

Made from silver and Swarovski crystal, the coin was released to mark the wedding of Princess Claire and Prince Felix in September last year and costs 61 euros.

Wort.lu - Royal coins court controversy in Luxembourg

Felix and Claire look great, and Claire is simply glowing. She is about 6 months now, and looks beautiful! :whistling:

felix gave an interview and tour of les crostes to tageblatt where he confirmed that next 22nd may is prince gabriel's first communion. he also explained that his and claire's first child will be born in luxembourg and that they will stay after the communion there til the birth. there's also a pic in the article where you can see pregnant claire. the article mentions she said she was quite tired and did not stay for very long during the visit.

Tageblatt Online - Kind soll in Luxemburg zur Welt kommen - Luxemburg

Back
Top Bottom