Future Titles and Duties of the Younger Siblings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bad_barbarella

Courtier
City
Country
Canada
i know guilliaume will be the grand duke and his future wife will be the grand duchess... what happens to felix and the other children, do the have royal duties for life... will the people they marry become princess or a prince...

yes, the people who they marry will be prince or princess of luxembourg and nassau. however, there aren't many official duties for the princes.

In Luxembourg are there ranks below Prince/Princess? Such as dukedoms, earldoms and all the other stuff the English have? Person the children of the current princes' and princess will become them ^__^

their children will also be princes or princesses of luxembourg and nassau, although they are forced to 'abdicate' their rights of succession because they marry an unsuitable person (as happened with prince jean, who married helena vestur).

I was wondering to the Luxembourg Royals what is deemed 'acceptable' ? Other royals like well? or rich people? :p

Just wondering, what are some yearly events that the Grand Ducal family, esp. Guillaume, attends every year?

carlota said:
their children will also be princes or princesses of luxembourg and nassau, although they are forced to 'abdicate' their rights of succession because they marry an unsuitable person (as happened with prince jean, who married helena vestur).
What was the problem with Helena Vestur?

i don't think his parents didn't like her, but their first daughter was born before the marriage.

I see. So, Jean gave up his succession right, but his children and wife were still given the titles of Prince and Princess? Is that correct?

in fact no. as other grandchildren of jean and josephine charlotte were given the title of prince/princess of nassau and luxembourg, the children of helene and jean were given the titles of count/countess of luxembourg, and not nassau.

wow

thats all so interesting.. there arent many count or countess around these days

im not sure... but the lux royals are the only remaining grand duchery in the world... mabye thats why.. im not sure though

well... there may be more differences. i don't think it's only a question of titles.

in fact no. as other grandchildren of jean and josephine charlotte were given the title of prince/princess of nassau and luxembourg, the children of helene and jean were given the titles of count/countess of luxembourg, and not nassau.

The wife and children of Prince Jean were given the titles Count/ess of Nassau (not Luxembourg) several years into their marriage. After Prince Jean and Countess Helene divorced all of their children were upgraded to HRH Prince/ss of Nassau.

I think Prince Felix and his wife, Prince Louis, Princess Alexandra and Prince Sebastien will continue to appear at some events in the coming years, notably national day, octave closure and one-off events. Luxembourg is a small country and so the other members of the Grand Ducal Family do not have many official duties.

Back
Top Bottom