Baptism of Prince Liam: April 22, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The venue is stunning. This is where -every day- the canons and the priests of the Basilica assemble together to sing the praises of the Holy Trinity in chorus. Their magic Gregorian chants then fill the whole enormous space.

It looks like the priest was visually impaired. He was struggling with the liturgy booklet. The Grand-Duchess has never looked so well for years! Wow, her new health-regime works wonders!

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos ,what a stunning and ornate setting for the baptism of the little Prince!

great pics!

prince liam is already very grown up. he looks different to his sister too. i get the impression he will take after the grand duke.

It looks like the priest was visually impaired. He was struggling with the liturgy booklet. The Grand-Duchess has never looked so well for years! Wow, her new health-regime works wonders!

agreed! the grand duchess definitely looks great. she seems to have lost weight and that also seems to make her look younger. good for her!

claire is looking great herself, despite being a full time mum of two.

nice to see that uncle guillaume played guitar during the ceremony. sweet gesture indicative of the intimate nature of the event. sad to see gabriel and noah weren't present because of their academic commitments though.

Anna Maria Pamin was apparently one of the bridesmaids at the wedding. it looks like she is the second woman from the right in this picture:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Czt-XZyJWmw/Uj4fTyA6zPI/AAAAAAAAG1I/e_Y5qtt_0wU/s1600/03828811.jpg

Princess Amalia is adorable, and little Liam has gotten huge.:ohmy:

Claire looks radiant, absolutely stunning.:p

And yes I agree with everyone who posted that the setting itself is spectacular.

Last edited:
What beautiful family! Thanks for pictures.

The mother and both grandmothers were in white, was that a requirement? Too bad they put those black shoes on the baby, otherwise a visual delight

A lovely family; beautiful setting. Loved those precious little shoes.

Great pictures! Beautiful setting as well.

I wonder what's needed for a baby to be christened at the Vatican?

:previous:Not much really, except for Catholic parents and connections with a prelate or priest who is attached to Vatican City.

St John Paul II routinely baptized the children of ordinary Catholic couples during his pontificate.

:previous:Not much really, except for Catholic parents and connections with a prelate or priest who is attached to Vatican City.

St John Paul II routinely baptized the children of ordinary Catholic couples during his pontificate.

Thank you! It's such a nice to be baptized! Lucky guy! Wonder why they didn't do it for Amalia?
Save

Very nice pictures. Little Liam looks a lot like Princess Claire's father!

I thought earlier that the baptism has already taken place, very privately, without information and photos.
Nice that I was wrong. A lot of photos and it is always nice to see the whole family together. Pity, but understandable, that GD Jean wasn´t there.

Liam is a very nice baby but why this christening at the Vatican, Liam is for the moment 4th in the ligne of sucession after his father and sister, It would be more nice a christening in a church in Lusembourg , he is a prince of Luxembourg

Thanks for the links!:flowers:
It was kind of the family to release the baptism photos. Prince Sebastien lost his teenage appearance. Hereditary Grand Duke's performance added a nice touch to the ceremony.

If the family did not release official photos, it would be understandable.

These little blue shoes are lovely, as is this family !

i believe felix and claire are still living in her father's property, Château Les Crostes, in france. although liam was born in geneva, so i wonder if they were there only for the birth or whether that is now their permanent residence. princess amalia was born in luxembourg but baptised in france, so i guess they travel often, that they perhaps alternate between residence periods in france, luxembourg and switzerland. they are an international, jet setting couple :)

Last edited:
I believe Felix and Claire are still living in her father's property, Château Les Crostes, in France. Although Liam was born in Geneva, so i wonder if they were there only for the birth or whether that is now their permanent residence. Princess Amalia was born in Luxembourg but baptised in France, so i guess they travel often, that they perhaps alternate between residence periods in France, Luxembourg and Switzerland. They are an international, jet setting couple :)

According to Claire's biography on the official Luxembourg monarchy website:

"Princess Claire lives with her husband and their two children in Geneva."

"In addition to raising her children, Princess Claire manages the winery Chateau les Crostes in the south of France, together with her husband, Felix."

La Princesse Claire - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Famille grand-ducale
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/famille/EN-BiographiePrincesseClaire_Mars2017.pdf

According to the Claire's bio (last updated 21-03-2017), the family lives in Geneva.

La Princesse Claire - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Famille grand-ducale

ETA: Oops! I didn't see Lindy's post.

Liam is Prince of Nassau. Not Luxembourg. There was a change in House rules some years ago that limited "Prince/ss of Luxemboug" title to children (and their spouses) of the reigning GD/GDss and children of the HGD/HGDss.

Last edited:
Liam and Amalia are beautiful children and I liked the christening photos a lot. It was indeed impressive to read that he was christened in the Vatican! A good conversation starter at the dinner table for when he's older, too, I think ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom