Baby Boy for Prince Louis & Tessy Antony - Gabriel: March 12, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the couple are not married and are unlikely to wed in the immediate future, Gabriel is not an official member of the royal family and will not be included in the line of succession. Louis is third in line to the throne behind his brothers, Guillaume, 23, and 21-year-old Felix, and also has two youngers siblings, 14-year-old Alexandra and Sebastien, 13.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/16/princelouis/

Attachments

• princelouis-dop1b.jpg
    princelouis-dop1b.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 362
MOLEY said:
I don't see what is to celebrate, A baby born to unmarried teenagers is not exactly a role model for young people in today's luxumbourg. Grand duchess Josephine-charlotte must be spinning not just turing in her grave.
Would an abortion be more cause to celebrate? They can not live every moment of thier lives as role models to appease the public. These two teenagers stepped up and took responsibility for thier actions. Nothing wrong with that. Who is anyone to judge? I applaud the strength that this young couple has shown.

lashinka2002 said:
Would an abortion be more cause to celebrate? They can not live every moment of thier lives as role models to appease the public. These two teenagers stepped up and took responsibility for thier actions. Nothing wrong with that. Who is anyone to judge? I applaud the strength that this young couple has shown.

Well said Lashinka!:)

Congratulations to the new parents!

MOLEY said:
I don't see what is to celebrate, A baby born to unmarried teenagers is not exactly a role model for young people in today's luxumbourg. Grand duchess Josephine-charlotte must be spinning not just turing in her grave.

Now the child is born it's much better to celebrate his birth instead of putting on a sour face. It can't be good for the child if its birth is bemoaned rather than celebrated. Come on. It's not the end of the world. And Grand duchess whatever is dead and gone and not likely to care.

That Grand Duchess 'whatever' would have been the child's great-grandmother and was a devout, good and honest woman. MOLEY is right. She'll be turning in her grave at this. In the past, illegitimates were kept quiet and swept under the carpet for the reason that they bring embarrassment and if this doesn't bring embarrassment I don't know what does.

And what is good about keeping illegitimates quiet???? Does that make anyone happy? would that create a nice and safe environment for a young baby?
I don't think so, I think it is right to do normal about this now, after all the discusions. It is too late to change anything about it, so I hope everyone will act normal against louis, tessy and gabriel. The damage is allready done ( if you want to call it damage.. :) )

BeatrixFan said:
That Grand Duchess 'whatever' would have been the child's great-grandmother and was a devout, good and honest woman. MOLEY is right. She'll be turning in her grave at this. In the past, illegitimates were kept quiet and swept under the carpet for the reason that they bring embarrassment and if this doesn't bring embarrassment I don't know what does.
How is it fair to sweep an innocent child under the rug and not have him be acknowledged by his father? Like others, I think it was stupid of them to get pregnant so young, but I applaud Louis and Tessy for being mature about the situation. Why should Gabriel be punished for his parents' actions? Congrats to Louis and Tessy!

BeatrixFan said:

Mothers of illegitimate children had to do penance in former times and were shunned by the community, while the father didn't get any problems.
Illegitimate children were often treated worse than legitimate ones, got less food, less medical attention, and died earlier.

Do you really want this back? It's a small step from being so embarassed and sweeping a kid under the carpet to treating it worse than legitimate offspring.
Whatever stupid thing the parents may have done, it's not the child's fault and it mustn't be punished for them.

Congratulations on the baby to Louis and Tessy and rest of the family. :)

The whole issue of children out of wedlock to me is absurd. We live in the 21st century and it's not like they were still teens when they embarked on this experience. besides the family is fine and has given their support. I don't think GD Josephine would be rolling on her grave since the child will not be in line for succession or even part of the official royal family.

moley, i don't think we should be so harsh. even if they are young, what if they just wanted to have a baby? they are in a good social and economical position, so the baby won't lack of anything. the fact of not being prince doesn't mean he won't be happy or something. i'm sure the parents are completely happy and if it was their decision i think we must stick to it and respect it. the family was honest and didn't deny it, i think that would be a lot worse. moreover, there are lots of young parents in a worse situation than this one...
my congratulations for the couple. i hope we will get a little picture at least and know a bit more of tessy sometime... :)

Well I think that he probably won't be in the spotlight too much. It might be like Prince Albert and his son. Who knows?

lashinka2002 said:

Oh yeah...and it is soooo much easier when you have billions to back you up at 19. What responsibility was taken? The baby has it made and so does the mom. There will probably be a stipend paid to her and the child will live like a prince.

What about the poor babies born to parents with no money and no one to help them?

I see no reason to celebrate stupidity.

Lady Marmalade said:
Oh yeah...and it is soooo much easier when you have billions to back you up at 19. What responsibility was taken? The baby has it made and so does the mom. There will probably be a stipend paid to her and the child will live like a prince.

What about the poor babies born to parents with no money and no one to help them?

I see no reason to celebrate stupidity.
Sure it's easier when one of the parents is very wealthy. But no matter how rich you are having a child is humongous responsibility. They very easily still could have had an abortion. I'm pro choice, but have great respect for people who do choose to keep their babies. Gabriel is a very fortunate child in the sense that he was born to a wealthy father.

Lady Marmalade said:

Accusing them of being rich is absurd - babies are born out of wedlock in rich and in poor families. Naturally it's easier if you are rich and raise a baby, whether you are married or not. You can hardly expect Louis and his parents to give away all their money so as not to have an unfair advantage over kids that are born into poor families.

I find it hard to guess which alternatives you would have preferred. Do you think they should have had an abortion? (I'm not being provocative, just curious.)

Congratulations with the birth of little Gabriël. Prince Louis and Tessy I hope that you will happy soon.

carlota said:
moley, i don't think we should be so harsh. even if they are young, what if they just wanted to have a baby? they are in a good social and economical position, so the baby won't lack of anything. the fact of not being prince doesn't mean he won't be happy or something. i'm sure the parents are completely happy and if it was their decision i think we must stick to it and respect it. the family was honest and didn't deny it, i think that would be a lot worse. moreover, there are lots of young parents in a worse situation than this one...
my congratulations for the couple. i hope we will get a little picture at least and know a bit more of tessy sometime... :)

And after all they are no kiddies anymore, but young adults, which can make their own decisions.

Smilla said:
Accusing them of being rich is absurd - babies are born out of wedlock in rich and in poor families. Naturally it's easier if you are rich and raise a baby, whether you are married or not. You can hardly expect Louis and his parents to give away all their money so as not to have an unfair advantage over kids that are born into poor families.

I find it hard to guess which alternatives you would have preferred. Do you think they should have had an abortion? (I'm not being provocative, just curious.)

My views are my own and I am not going to express that particular view on here as this is not the place for it.

All I am saying is we have the right NOT to think this is some blessed event.

These two behaved irresponsibly and we all have the right to post those views as well as the postings of twinkling, little teenage girls with sighs views.

He is not a role model for anyone in my opinion.

If he REALLY wanted to be responsible he would go out, get a job, and support the kid that way, entirely on his own, without mommy and daddy.

You do the crime...you pay the time..as the saying goes. If more humans took the time to realize what happens when a baby is created and then realize they must take responsibility. At 10000000%, for their actions, then maybe the stability of familes would once again come into focus as being respected, instead of this.

I will not back down from my views just because the majority of them on here are all gushing and swooning.

And just because it is 2006 and happening all over the world does not mean it is chic, cool, so In Style, so classy, and just so damn cool to do...

Last edited:
No reason to celebrate the most wonderful event of the world, the birth of a child? No matter what I think about out-of-wedlock child, no matter what I think about what Louis and Tessy did, no matter being prochoice or prolife, a child is born and this must be celebrated. He could be the child of the poorest woman in the world, a child is born and this is always great happiness.

Lady Marmalade said:
My views are my own and I am not going to express that particular view on here as this is not the place for it.

These two behaved irresponsibly and we all have the right to post those views as well as the postings of twinkling, little teenage girls with sighs views.

If he REALLY wanted to be responsible he would go out, get a job, and support the kid that way, entirely on his own, without mommy and daddy.

You do the crime...you pay the time..as the saying goes. If more humans took the time to realize what happens when a baby is created and then realize they must take responsibility, At10000000%, for thier actions, then maybe the stabiity of familes would once again come into focus as being respected, instead of this.

I will not back down from my views just because the majority of them on here are all gushing and swooning.

You are entitled to your opinion. I agree. Let's just move on now and wait for pictures to be released.;)

Kelly said:
The whole issue of children out of wedlock to me is absurd. We live in the 21st century and it's not like they were still teens when they embarked on this experience. besides the family is fine and has given their support. I don't think GD Josephine would be rolling on her grave since the child will not be in line for succession or even part of the official royal family.

Actually, they are still teens- Louis is anyway, he's 19.

And, IMO, GD Josephine-Charlotte, a fine and lovely woman in every sense of the word, would have spit bats at this little turn of events if she were still alive.
I don't think what Louis and Tessy [remember, it takes TWO to make a baby!!!!] did was at all responsible nor was it honorable, but, as they say, the damage is done. The only one I feel sorry for is the baby- he didn't ask to be born to a pair of unwed teenage parents.
Besides, stuff like this happens in private all the time. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the whole family. Babies are a great joy & a big responsibility. I hope he has a wonderful life

Wow, I can't believe how heated this thread has become considering this is a happy occasion. :( In my opinion, a baby, no matter what circumstances they're born into is a blessing. I wish Prince Louis, Tessy and especially the baby all the best. As for how Josephine-Charlotte would cope with this, how can any of us say we know how she would react? Do you think she would love her great-grandchild any less because he was born out of wedlock? Whatever your answer, it doesn't matter, because it's all speculation anyway. As for Louis and Tessy's ages - well they're hardly too young... They are not a couple of stupid 14-year-olds, they are adults with a supportive family. The word irresponsible seems to have been bandied about a fair bit in this thread, and I want to know why they are considered irresponsible: because they had sex before marriage or because they kept the baby? Those who think all unmarried royals are virgins are seriously misinformed. And those who think that an abortion would have been better... well, imagine if we had all found out about that! What would you think if you found out that Louis and Tessy had given up the baby because it was too inconvenient for them, or because they had been forced to because it was bad for the image of the grand duchy? In any case, this is just my opinion and in the end I'm probably not going to change anyone's minds. It's just that this happy occasion has been hijacked by people who either are genuinely offended by Louis and Tessy actions (which are after all, very human actions) or those who like being outraged for the sake of being outraged.

MOLEY said:

I am very upset with such a statement. Every child is a miracle. I think a lot of people in the world have children without being married. Those two have a surportive family and I dont think the child will miss anything.
People are so mean i think. Be happy for a new life.

think the innocence of the child born has to be considered, it is not his or her fault. In the past children born out of wedlock were treated very badly at schools and in communities in general and most of us in Europe find that now unacceptable and unfair for the child.

(in the big prestigious firm where I work some highly qualified men have chosen not to marry and are totally responsible for their children, they settle everything legaly and are living with the mother. A partner made a joke to one of them: "you know you can not become a partner if you have children while not being married", it was a joke because that was the attitude in the past, now, in holland at least you are judged for the work you do)

Lady Marmalade said:

You do the crime...you pay the time..as the saying goes. If more humans took the time to realize what happens when a baby is created and then realize they must take responsibility. At 10000000%, for their actions, then maybe the stability of familes would once again come into focus as being respected, instead of this.

And just because it is 2006 and happening all over the world does not mean it is chic, cool, so In Style, so classy, and just so damn cool to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom